Mikomiko, who?

When I'm on Facebook

@>--------- Chapter 4

The chit-chats resumes and the guys are already drunkenly singing Gangnam Style.

I’m just chillin’, sitting around here, listening to them talk and pour beer down each other’s throat. I’m glad they didn’t ask too many questions about being in Big Bang. That would be boring for me. And troublesome too. But there’s this one person who seem uninterested from the very start…

I peer at Min Soo’s phone furtively, wondering what is she busying over during the whole class gathering.

Messages:
“Mikomiko! Would you be my girlfriend?? PLEASE, I LOVE YOU!! <3 <3 <3”
-Hyjm0807

“I’m sorry, but I don’t even know you! ^^;;”
-Mikomiko


What? She seems to be replying messages on the internet but who the heck would want Nerd Soo to be his girlfriend and why is she called Mikomiko? Min Soo-ah, that name doesn’t suit your face at all!

Wait… don’t tell me… After all these years, you’ve become an internet love swindler?! And last week you told me you’re a writer on Facebook! You liar!

I almost got caught peeking at her messages when she suddenly turned her head around but my reflexes got me looking at the opposite table. I pretend to sip on my beer and immerse in the conversations at my table while I think of the weird messages on Min Soo’s phone I saw. They are all pretty much love declarations and praises like “You are so pretty!” and “You look like a doll!!”

That got me puzzled. Since when did Min Soo look pretty? Does her phone go on the internet in the parallel universe? You look like a doll, yea right, more like rag doll you mean? What exactly are you doing Min Soo? Cheating lovesick otakus’ money on the internet? Oh, you said you are a writer. Writing fake stories and messages to scam people huh??!

Once Min Soo is not suspicious of me anymore, she returns back to pressing on her phone and I peep again.

She gradually scrolls up to blog posts and the photo at the top left corner catches my eye – large doll eyes with thick curled-up lashes, a petite nose, pouty glossy cherry-like lips, luscious silky hair and milky white skin – a photo of a beauty. The dolly girl in Min Soo’s phone poses cutely with a victory sign over her left cheek. No wonder there are so many love declarations, that girl’s from heaven! Furthermore, the angle of the camera gives the internet a clear view of her cleavage…

Just when I’m ogling – I mean looking – at the photo, Min Soo locks her phone and drops it into her bag.

Wait! I’m not done looking!

Min Soo starts chatting with the other girls and picks up her chopsticks to eat while I sit beside her, fuming and sulking.

I’m not done looking at the goddamn blog and I’m curious! Grrr… I’m gonna get to the end of this. What’s that name again? Mikomiko? Nerd Soo is really suspicious… Maybe I should ask her…

Seeing that Min Soo took out her phone again, looking through the messages, I grab the chance and start the conversation, “Hey, what you looking at?”

“Huh?”

Damn you, always giving me that stupid look like you have a reaction problem.

“You’ve been looking at your phone for quite some time now.”

“Oh… Just looking through my blog.”

“You have a blog?”

Hehheh, now you’re spilling it out.

“Yea.”

“Can I see?”

Show me if you don’t have a guilty conscience!

“No.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to show you.”

“Why not? I’m your friend.”

“We’re friends?” Min Soo points her finger back and forth at both of our chests.

“Hey hey hey, what do you mean by that huh?!”

Min Soo smirks at me.

“You…” I get so much more pissed by that damn smirk than not being able to know the truth!

Out of frustration and annoyance, I reach out and steals Min Soo’s phone even before she could wipe that grin off her face.

“Hey! No! Give it back!”

“Haha, now I’ll look at eeeeeverything inside.”
Min Soo starts slapping and swiping my arm like a crazed cat while I desperately fumble with her phone to look at the blog. Holding her phone as high as I can to keep her groping hands out of the way, I scroll through the pink coloured pages with tiny hearts sprinkled all around it.

Mikomiko. [Log out?]

Alright. One thing confirmed, Min Soo’s definitely this whoever Mikomiko.

But before I can read any of those suspicious blog posts, Min Soo practically almost leaps onto me to snatch her phone back. I know a lot of women want to jump me but… Park Min Soo, you’re freaking heavy!!

“Go die!” Min Soo unleashes one of her streetfighter slaps and my chest suffers. Just like the old days. And it still hurts like a .

“That hurts!”

“Well, it’s supposed to! Stupid!”

I glare back at her and can’t help but let out a laugh that’s already out of my throat before I could force it back down.

“Hahaha! Look at you! You look like you just came out of the washing machine!”

Nerd Min Soo got so worked up over me snatching her phone that she got her hair even more dishevelled and messed up and seriously, when I glared at her, her glasses were foggy from all her perspiration – that cracked me up.

“Shut up!” She spits fire at me but somehow, I still sense that her embarrassment and displeasure. That ‘shut up’ she cannoned at me sounded just like those she shouted at me when we were still in school.

Ay ay, so many years have passed and you still are unfeminine. Tch, you’ll never find a husband!

Just when the others are ceasing their laughter on our childish fighting, the bell at the entrance rings again. “Welcome!”

Oh holy hell, it might be her.

“Hello!”

That cheerful sweet voice.

It’s her.


{Next chapter's almost done~~ rmb to come back and read it! hahaha :3 Next time~}