stupid hyungs and stupid nekos

Mischief

 

 
Those ears look so ing real. I can't even-
 
"Woa, are these real? They're so soft!" I wince as Chanyeol squeals in a very unmanly voice. The subject of the conversation whines as Chanyeol grabs the fluffy parts on his head. Soon enough the rest of the members showed up with sleepy eyes and unruly hair as they heard the commotion. 
 
"Hey, hey, back off, you're scaring him!" Luhan yells and the boy retreats to hide behind the older's back. Luhan is shorter while the boy is lanky and has longer limbs, so it doesn't exactly work, but I could tell he is afraid of Chanyeol who gives off a creepy aura with his cheeky grin. 
 
"Oh, look, it's a kitty!"
 
"Kitties aren't this big, Bacon. Stop being stupid."
 
"Then how do you explain the ears, smarty pants?" 
 
I sighed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are always too loud with their fights, they almost look like an old married couple. And Old married couples annoy the hell out of me, basically. 
 
There is something wriggling on the carpet. It was long, black, furry, and characteristically resembling a snake, an Earthy creature in those history books Lay has under his pillow. And , it's moving! Oh my god it's a snake! 
 
"Hey, what's this?" I murmur while attempting to pick it up. The boy who is clinging to Luhan for dear life growls in an inhumane sound before leaping from the ground and knocks me off my feet. I could hardly recover from the impact when the creature pins me down the floor on my back and start grunting under his breath. His eyes are scary, glistening with wrath. 
 
"Ah! No! It's gonna eat me! Help! Help!" As I cry for some sort of reinforcement from my hyungs, nobody is willing to pry the boy off my body. Even though he is lightweight, and might only consist of bones, his nails are digging into my skin and it sorts of hurt. Before long, I feel droplets of water falling down, salty on my lips. Those tears are not mine. 
 
"Jongin, knock it off. Look! You made him cry!" Luhan yanks the boy up and I feel relieved to be able to breathe in my personal space again. Something starts twisting and coiling inside my stomach as my new nemesis rubbed his teary eyes and snuggles closer to Luhan who is now too concerned about his wellbeing to even remember that I'm his youngest brother. 
 
Soon enough Baekhyun and Chanyeol begins to scoot closer and pet the younger's hair, and I feel as though I have lost all of my alliances. 
 
"He's a neko! A hybrid between a human and a cat. That's interesting."
 
Of course Yixing hyung knows everything about animals. He's a nature-loving after all. Big deal. I don't ing care if it's a human, a cat or something in between. But I wish I could say the same thing for my hyungs who are too busy doting on the pretty creature to not care.
 
"Jongin, why don't you be nice? He's cute."
 
Who are you to tell me to be nice, Jongdae? Count me out!
 
"Let's keep him, Luhan hyung, please,..."
 
"No, Jongdae, we have to see of Junmyun agrees to it first..."
 
I didn't say anything and retreated back to my room on the second floor instead. Somewhere in the distance I could hear Junmyun objecting to the idea of keeping the catboy, and I almost smiled. But along the lines, I can imagine the leader's eyes soften as he drowns in the younger's overwhelming cuteness. I try to hold down my breakfast so as to not vomit all over the newly vacuumed carpet. 
 
I can't sleep that night. The mischief in the boy's eyes haunts me even in my dreams.