Phone Call

Fate

 

I took off my shoes and so did Seungri, heading to our living room together with the letter and the map. We entered the, pretty small, living room that was fairly uncleaned since yesterday. Both of us sat down on the small grey couch and left our shoes beside it.

 

”Do you think he or she or even they are like.. uh, joking?” Seungri asked me as we looked down on the floor, staring at the papers on the black rug. ”Well..” I said with a thinking-face expression, ”it could... possibly be.. legit?” I continued. ”Daesung, we are poor, who would even think of ‘hire’ us as secret agents?” he asked and looked at me. ”Well... Uhm... I don’t know” I replied.

 

”Is there even any way to contact the person.. There’s no phone number on the papers..” I said.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP - BEEP BEEP BEEP - BEEP BEEP BEEP - ..

 

My phone started ringing... and it was from someone with a private number. ”Answer it?” Seungri said looking at the phone screen trying to see what it said. 

 

I answered it, and decided to put the call on speaker mode. 

 

”Hello there. You don’t know me, but I know you two. I couldn’t help but to stalk you guys and  listen to your conversation on the way home today, since I found you two so interesting when I saw you at the grocery store...” the voice said. ”Grocery store..” I thought to myself, ”But there wasn’t any one but us in the grocery store today..?”. 

 

”So.. I heard you want to be secret agents..” the voice continued, ”Well, It’s not an easy task but, I’ve been working with those before but they all left because of fear... of dying. It’s definitely a good feeling helping people when you are one, because that’s what I work with. Because, dear Daesung and Seungri..”. ”How did he know our names!?” I thought to myself once again.

 

 ”..I don’t work with normal secret agents.”

 

”Normal ones just spy, nothing special really, but mine... they spy and.. well, save people. If they see any enemy do any harm they try to stop it. They risk their lives to make the world a better place, sp, if you don’t want to risk your life for any one... don’t bother to show up tomorrow. But if you want to risk it.. I would be glad to train you into becoming secret agents. Though, there is this other girl that might train with you two so.. you might be three in the pack, maybe even four if her bodyguard shows up”

 

”What girl..?” I asked ’the voice’. ”No one special really, even though she looked pretty hot” the voice said and laughed, ”just some rich girl with a dad that doesn’t approve her going to a school where she would learn to become a cop, so I also invited her”. ”Oh..” I said, ”Well, can we at least know your name?” I continued. 

 

”You can call me J” he replied and closed the phone call.