One Wish

Fate

 

 

”BEEP BEEP BEEP”. The noise came from my alarm, making my eyes turn wide open. ”Did you see a ghost or something” Seungri said to me laughing at my facial expression. ”Ha-ha very funny” I said, rubbing my eyes followed by sitting up on my bed, pressing the off button on top of of my beeping alarm.

 

”I made breakfast for you Dae” Seungri said, leaving me a plate with an apple and two sandwiches, ”I’m gonna go to the store real quick okay?” he continued, leaving our room. ”Hey wait! I’ll follow you” I replied quickly, taking off my shorts and t-shirt. ”It’s freezing outside and I need to quickly” he replied, entering the bathroom. Seungri stopped and took a step back looking at me for a moment... 

 

I raised my eyebrow, wondering what he was gonna say. I heard the water running in the bathroom. ”What are you doing in there?” I asked, taking some steps forward. He continued to stare at me, but his trying-to-figure-out-something face turned into a smirk. ”Think quick” he said taking something off the bathroom sink, and then throwing me a wet, red bathing sponge, laughing at me.

 

The water splattered all over my body, even making my underwear’s wet. ”SEUNGRI” I yelled, making him laugh. He ran into the bathroom and locked the door. ”If I catch a cold It’s your fault” I continued, grabbing a towel to dry me with. Luckily not much water got on me, most of it fell on the floor when he threw it at me. I continued to wipe myself clean, and then began to put on some new fresh clothes.

 

I sighed, I’ve lived with him since when, like 5 years ago I think?, and I swear he has always done these stupid pranks on me. I know he does it trying to be funny, and not to be mean, but sometimes he can be really annoying. But... even if he seems really childish and mischievous, he actually is a pretty mature person. He never really had any one in his life since his parents were always busy working and stuff, so he had to cook and clean all alone.

 

 

I was finally done putting on my clothes, so I began with my hair. I tried to fix the messiness in my hair by quickly my fingers through it, since It was pretty cold outside I was gonna have a hat on my head, so how my hair looked didn’t really matter to me that much right now.

 

I heard the bathroom door getting unlocked and opened, ”Hey, oh you’re ready, lets go then” Seungri said, closing the bathroom door. 

 

We both walked to the hall, pretty slow actually, since it was still pretty early we we’re too tired to walk with our normal speed. Okay, 9 A.M may not be that early but we stayed up late last night searching up available works online.

 

We both are working at grocery shops, getting pretty much money to barely survive the month. Even if It’s two of us. So we are trying to get new jobs with higher salary. None of us really have a degree since it’s too expensive for us to get it, but I know we both are capable of getting one if we just had the money. Seungri is pretty intelligent actually, he’s always the fastest one in math class to finish off whatever tasks we have that day. He even built a mini rocket in science class! 

 

I finished putting on my shoes and so did Seungri, so we took our jackets and walked out of the apartment, making sure we locked the door before we continued down the stairs. ”So what do we need exactly” I asked him. ”Well we need some vegetables, milk, butter and...” he stopped and looked back. ”I forgot my wallet” he said and dashed quickly to the door. By what he said we needed... I was afraid that we barely could afford to buy any meat today.

 

I heard the door closing and getting locked, followed my Seungri walking down the stairs again. ”That went quick” I said. Before going out to the cold breeze and snow white environment, we put our jackets and hats on. Luckily the grocery shop was near our apartment so we wouldn’t freeze that much. None of us really talked, the only thing I could hear were our footsteps walking on the soft snow. 

 

The grocery shop had It’s door closed, obviously since it was cold, but it was open, we knew it by the lights that were inside it. I opened the door and we both stepped inside the grocery shop and went to the food section immediately. Vegetables, milk, butter, pasta, we all put it in our grocery kart. ”Should we buy meat..?” Seungri asked, staring at the delicious meat that was on sale. ”N-no.. we can’t afford it this month unfortunately” I said. We both sighed, we hadn’t really had meat since last month.

 

”I wish we would be rich, so we could afford getting a degree and go on a nice vacation..” I said, ”I’ve always wanted to visit Jeju Island”. ”Yeah..” Seungri said and sighed, putting our groceries at the checkout counter. ”That would be nice” he continued, smiling by the thought.

 

We finally paid, leaving us with some left over money that we could buy something small like an apple with. Luckily our paycheck comes tomorrow, so we won’t be starving. This was one of the few months we actually could afford buying food for the whole month.

 

I put our groceries in the bag and we headed back home.

 

 

”What did you wish for to become” Seungri asked me, since we didn’t really have anything else to talk about. ”A secret agent” I replied, making us both laugh, ”What did you want to become?”. ”I also wanted to become a secret agent, saving people and stuff” he replied. ”Honestly I still want to become one, it would be nice to save people and help the world become a better place..” he continued with a serious face. ”Yeah...” I replied and sighed.

 

”Do you believe that life turns out by choices or chances..” he asked me. ”What..?” I asked back, even though I heard what he said. ”Well...” I said, looking up at the sky ”neither of them, if life turned out by choice I obviously wouldn’t be living like this, and if it turned out by chances... I don’t know, I don’t believe it. I believe in fate. Everything happens for a reason, so I think life turns out the way it is meant to be” I continued. It was obvious that Seungri was barely listening, because he was as sleepy as you can get. His dark circles were really profound and his eyes were closed as we walked towards our building making him look like a sleepy panda.

 

 

”Hey we are home” I said, poking his arm. He looked up, and as I opened the door he walked in, and continued walking up the stairs slowly, trying not to trip and fall. I followed him. I unlocked the door with my key when we arrived at our apartment and as I opened the door I felt the heat from the apartment. 

 

I took off my thin jacket, and my black hat with a puffy ball on top and put them on a clothes hanger with black clippers on, putting it on a old metal clothes rack. As I was taking off my shoes I noticed a black letter on the floor. Someone must have put it in our mail box because the postman doesn’t post mails today, It’s saturday...

 

I opened it carefully, as I didn’t want to rip the paper inside it. Seungri stared at me, with wide open eyes that wanted to know what was written on it. I took the paper out of the letter, accidentally dropping a small map that was inside of it. He picked it up and I started reading the paper in my hand, leaving both of with shocked faces.

 

”If you want to become a secret agents and have wonderful wealthy lives, Come to the address that’s inside the red circle on the map, tomorrow at 1 pm... But only if you want too of course”.