VII. Opposites Do Attract

Typically Weird

 

Myungsoo hugged her tight.

"Sulli-ah, sorry. I know that I was at fault but please believe me. It was not my intention.....I'll tell you the real reason why. Just give me time. Sorry" He said.

Sulli was shedding her tears, bit by bit. She just can't accept her true feelings, she was confused. Clearly confused.

------------------------------------------------------

Monday (December 24, 2012)

It was the day of Sulli's discharge from the hospital. She and Myungsoo finally reconciled with each other.

It was still a little awkward but their best friends! They'll get used to each other soon. It was in the afternoon that Sunggyu and Woohyun sent Myungsoo to the grocery but Woohyun remembered that his brother might forget some little things on the grocery list. So, they begged Sulli to come with him even if it cost their lives.

At the Mall

"Sulli-ah, you go first inside the grocery store. I'm buying something for omma." Myungsoo said.

"Okay, then." Sulli headed first.

Myungsoo went inside a jewelry shop. He made an excuse earlier so he can buy a necklace for her best friend and first love. Yes, he will be confessing. When he was choosing from the jewelry, something caught his eye.

"Miss, how much for this necklace?" He asked the assistant while pointing to an 'Infinite' sign necklace.

"Oh, sir! You're just in time!" The girl said.

"Why?" He was curios.

"Today's the last day that we'll be holding a Christmas offer. This necklace is a limited edition but we'll sell it for 30% off!" She said cheerfully.

"Okay, I'll purchase it." He said bluntly but he was very excited inside.

----------------------------------

Myungsoo and Sulli finished the grocery then went home. 

When they got home, their moms were there helping out their sons to cook.

"Oh, Sulli-ah! Myungsoo-ah!" Sunggyu greeted.

"We'll be having Christmas Eve together. So, set the plates?" Woohyun said.

"Oh, okay. Here's your grocery," Myungsoo handed the groceries.

"Make sure it's delicious or else!" Sulli threatened.

"Omo! Our Sulli's back!" Her mom cheered.

They hugged each other, crying.

----------------------------------

"I must confess now. I  mean, now!" Myungsoo whispered to himself. He was holding with the necklace inside. It was almost Christmas!

He stood up and started to talk.

"Everyone? May I get you attention, please?" He said.

"What are you going to do, Myungsoo-ah?" Woohyun questioned.

"I'll start."

"Okay" All of them agreed. Myungsoo's mother smelling something fishy, listened to his son.

"Okay, so there's this certain person who made me disappointed."

"Omo! Who?" Woohyun interrupted. 

"I'm not done yet....So this person made me disappointed at first but this person made me laugh every single day."

"Ooooohhh" All of them are getting the idea of his 'confession'.

"I am very lucky to be able to meet this lady. She may seem bubbly to others but I can only see what's behind that 'One Million Dollar Smile'. She's very considerate yet clumsy at times. She loves to play around but she also has a warm heart. After all, I'm her bestfriend. So I knew everything.". He paused for a bit realizing that Sulli was getting no clue of who he is pertaining to.

 

Sulli was feeling jealous remembering the 'girl' Myungsoo was talking about at the cafeteria.

*So, he has a best friend besides me...* She thought

Myungsoo continued, "Recently, all those things she did, made me realize that I was starting to like her. When we first met it was love at first sight but I didn't admit to myself. I was assuming that it was all an infatuation. But today, I know how I exactly feel towards her."

Sulli then stood up, walking slowly upstairs.

"What? What?" Sunggyu and Woohyun asked. They all knew what was happening except her, Sulli. 

Myungsoo stared at her walking figure and said, "That I love her. And I admit that I was in love with her even from the start of our friendship."

"WHO?" Everyone asked excited. Sulli was crying.

"My first love......and.....best friend." He just confessed! Sulli stopped on her tracks.

"Choi Sulli. She's the one who made my heart go crazy whenever she's around."

Sulli turned around and just stared at Myungsoo while crying. Myungsoo walked towards her.

"Choi Sulli, will you be my girlfriend?" He kneeled. Everyone was anticipating her reply.

She helped Myungsoo up. He thought that he was rejected.

"Kim Myungsoo!" She shouted. Everyone was startled.

She poked Myungsoo's chest and walked towards him causing him to walk backwards.

"Kim Myungsoo! You are one mysterious man. You've made my life harder than it was. And now, you're confessing?"

"Uhmm...yes?...Don't you see? I love you!" He said. She stopped.

"Since when?"

"At detention."

"How?"

"I don't know! You answer me! You're the one who makes me crazy."

"What?"

"You heard me!"

"Do you really like me?"

"Of course! If I didn't, I wouldn't be confessing to you now."

"Do you think I like you?"

"Maybe?.....Are you going to reply or not?" He asked impatiently.

"I'll reply but..." She trailed off.

"WHAT NOW?" Everyone asked.

"Yah! You're making us anticipate for nothing!" Sunggyu protested.

"I'll reply but wait until 12am!" She beamed.

"Are you playing right now?" Myungsoo asked.

"No. It's just 11:11PM." She stated as she looked at the clock.

"YAAAAAHH!!" Everyone groaned.

----------------------------------

11:45 PM

Everyone was anxious since Sulli entered her room. She was contemplating about what to reply.

Until she opened her diary from last year. All the pages was contained with Myungsoo's memories with her.

From the surprise visit at Lotte World, baking cake for Sunggyu's birthday, the playground memories up to her most favorite part, the Oxymoron Battle.

"It was like a miracle! Being bestfriends with Myungsoo might seem weird but it doesn't. He's just like that. He's like a pineapple, he might be hard and rough on the outside but sweet on the inside. He hides his feelings that well."

"Opposites do really attract. Kim Myungsoo, you're so dead!" She said.

 

11:57 PM

"Guys!" Sulli shouted while running downstairs.

"What?" Woohyun and Sunggyu asked still anticipating her reply.

"Let's go outside! The fireworks will be starting any moment now." She said.

"WHAT?" Everyone shouted.

"Yah! Sulli-ah! Are you rejecting me now?" Myungsoo asked.

"Come on! Lets' go outside!" She ran outside.

It was already starting. The fireworks were very loud and impossible for you to hear yourself shouting.

They all admired the fireworks. "Waaaa!!" She said.

Myungsoo tapped her back while others were busy watching the fireworks. She turned around.

"WHAT IS YOUR REPLY?" He shouted.

"What?" She pretended not to hear.

Myungsoo got annoyed and got closer to her. "Yah!" They shouted to each other.

"What's your answer?" He shouted again.

"Ye-No" She whispered  trying to best friend.

"What?"

"YES!" She shouted.

----------------------------------

The fireworks finished and then proceeded inside the house.

Myungsoo and Sulli were the last to enter, side-by-side trying to hide something at the back.

"Yah! What's your answer Sulli-ah?" Woohyun asked.

"Woohyun-ah, she's wearing th necklace..." Sunggyu whispered.

"Sulli-ah, it's Christmas. It's time for you to say your answer.' Myungsoo's mom said, smiling.

Myungsoo and Sulli then brought their hands up, interwined.

"WAHHH! I knew it!!" Woohyun and Sunggyu hugged each other.

"Omma, Omonim, Sunggyu-hyung, Woohyun- hyung. We're a couple now." Myungsoo said then smiled.

Sulli then stole a kiss from Myungsoo leaving everyone shocked. Myungsoo touched his cheeks feeling butterflies in his stomach.

"That's your first kiss on Christmas. Saranghae!" She said while running outside again for the second part of the fireworks display.

Myungsoo then chased her outside. Everyone was smiling big, knowing that their families have a big chance to be one.

"I want a grandson!" Myungsoo's mom shouted.

"Yah! I want a granddaughter!" Sulli's mom protested.

"Well, they can make to grandchildren, right?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Yeah." Mrs. Choi agreed.

----------------------------------

They got married after Myungsoo got his first job. 

January 1, 2018

Their first wedding anniversary. Sulli gave birth to a baby boy they named Sungjong. 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Did you like the story? Comment below! I might write a sequel! HAH! Finished at last! :D