IV. Easy Challenge

Typically Weird

 

*In the present (College Freshmans)

Sulli's Home(Living Room)

"Yah! You know it's Friday." Sulli said wanting to take off Myungsoo's comic book.

"So?" He tried asking pretending he didn't know.

"It's our 'Oxymoron Battle'! Don't pretend you don't know."

"I don't want to." He said plainly.

"Well, I don't need to beg anymore. You're going to do it anyways."

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked with curiosity. Then Sulli called Woohyun,

"Oppa! Do you still want to know what happened to Myungsoo yesterday at school?....Well, he got into de-"" Sulli was cut off by Myungsoo.

"Yah! Sulli-ah!" Woohyun shouted at the other side of the line.

"Hyung! Nothing happened. I was at Sulli's yesterday, I told you already, right?"

"But I don't believe you." Woohyun said.

"But you believe her more than me? Wahhh! Hyung, you're so-...errr.....awesome." Myungsoo said not wanting to gain a round of tickle fights with his brother. *GREASY MAN!*

"Okay, I know that already. I'll hung up if you're just messing with me."

"Okay, Hyung! Annyeong! Don't forget to eat dinner. Mom's gonna nag at us again."

"I understand. Bye."

Myungsoo sighed. 

*That innocent yet devil face!* Myungsoo thought. "Okay, fine. So can we begin, now? I have to finish reading this." Myungsoo held the comic book in front of her face.

"Okay! Then let the games begin! First to run out of words, buys dinner!" Sulli beamed.

"You know you always lose. So why try?" He teased.

"Yah! I practiced for this battle. You may regret what you said!" She bragged.

"Okay. You go first." Myungsoo offered.

"Okay. 10 seconds to think for a new answer, understand?"

"1,2,3, start!" Myungsoo said.

"Poorly Rich!" She started.

"Walking Dead." He said with monotone.

"Butthead!" Sulli teased.

"Cheerful Pessimist."

"Science Fiction." She beamed.

"Suicide Victim."

"Virtual Reality."

"Soft Rock."

"Uh...hmmm.." She tried thinking for more Oxymoron examples.

"10,9,8,7-"

"Almost Exactly!"

"Sweet Sorrow."

They kept battling for the 5 minutes. After all, who wants to spend money while being the loser?

Sulli defeated Myungsoo. "YAY! I won! For the first time in my life!" She screamed while running to the doorstep. 

"I DEFEATED KIM-MYUNG-SOO! YEHEY!" She screamed in the whole neighborhood. 

"Yah! Will you keep it down?" Some of her neighbor shouted back.

"Oh! Sorry, sir." Myungsoo bowed then pushed Sulli's head down too.

"Yah...buy dinner. If not, I'll kill you and tear your comic book collection." She whispered to Myungsoo.

"OMO! The Big Baby just threatened me!" He pretended to be scared but regained his cool. "But you know I'm not scared of you, right?" He leaned towards Sulli. Now their faces were a few inches away. 

*Myungsoo-ah! Do you want to die today?* Sulli thought while her face became as red as a tomato.

*Sulli-ah! You're really prety.....and....cute.* Myungsoo thought not noticing that he too blushed.

"Aigoo!" Sulli's mom intervened. Sulli got shocked and pushed Myungsoo outside the house.

"Omma!" She hugged her mom.

"Sulli-ah." Her mom smiled knowing that her daughter had someone to lean in whenever she or Sunggyu wasn't around. 

"Myungsoo-ah! Buy dinner! Now." She smiled at Myungsoo.

"Okay. I'll be back, ommonim." 

"Omo! Myungsoo-ah. Don't buy dinner, I'll make one since you're here. By the way, thank you for taking care of my Sulli." 

"Omonim, thank you too." *For having such a great daughter.* They entered the house.

"Omma! I'll help you make dinner." Sulli beamed.

"No, you just sit there. I can do it alone." She reprimanded her.

"But omma!"

"No." Her mom frowned then smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------

After they ate dinner, Myungsoo excused himself and left in hurry because he got a call from his mom telling him to help her run errands since Woohyun was at the gig.

-----------------------------------------------------

While Sulli's mom was washing the dishes, she asked her daughter. ":Sulli-ah, are you having feelings for your best friend?"

Sulli was shocked upon hearing her mother's direct words. "Omma!" She blushed.

"Yes, I thought so." Her mom reassured.

"Omma! I don't like him like "like-like"! He's just my best friend." Sulli stated while stacking containers in the refrigerator.

"You sure?"

"100 PERCENT."

"Well it doesn't seem to, to me. You know I know you more than you know yourself. Don't try to make an alibi." Her mother stated.

"Omma, I'm not making an alibi......if you don't believe me then.......goodnight!" She kissed her mother on the cheeks.

"Whatever you say. You'll thank me one day for letting him enter our home every time. Goodnight, Sulli-ah."

Sulli smiled then ran upstairs to her room.

After taking a shower, she changed into her pajamas. "Why am I being like this? Falling for him? Tch!" Sulli can't accept what her mother just told her. It was, at the start, a very easy challenge accepting teases from her mom about liking Myungsoo more than a just best friend but now she's getting annoyed. *Why?*

-----------------------------------------------------

Myungsoo then finished running a night errand for her mom. He decided to just call it a day then proceeded to the shower.

He was at his bed reading the page he bookmarked earlier before playing with Sulli. Then, he remembered what happened at the doorstep.

"Why am I being like this again?" He asked his self while clutching his heart. Then he came to the conclusion of why he was being like that for the past 4 years and now he has proven it.

" Maybe Woohyun-hyung was right. Maybe, I already found my.......first love." He smiled to himself, looking like a total fool. 

*Sulli-ah, you just know how to make me fall for you* He thought.

Little did he know, that Mrs. Kim was eavesdropping from outside his room, smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------

That night, Sulli's mom called Myungsoo's. And yes! They're best friends too. They talked about marriage plans for their children. Besides, they're both widows and they had nothing much to talk about love but their children's futures.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So guys, am I doing a great job? Leave a comment! :)