Chapter Two

The Photographer

 

CHAPTER TWO: Hyung has a crush

A group consisting of five good-looking guys was sitting on one of the tables inside a certain restaurant in Seoul.  They were having good laughs and talks except for one who was busily fiddling his object as if it was the most interesting thing in Earth.

The other four notices their quiet buddy and stops their commotion. They looked at him then looked at each other after.

 

JIYONG’s POV

Since my pals are talking about things I’m not that interested to, like you know..girls. Ya! Im not gay okay!?  I’m a straight guy, I’m just really not into that topic yet, I want to focus more on myself, you know..my career and stuff,  on how I’m going to earn money and be successful in the near future. I just wanna be prepared and wise unlike these other guys ..especially these two..Daesung and Seungri. Tsk. So yeah back to the reel, since they’re talking about nothings I decided to busy myself by looking at the pictures I took in my camera.

Oh look at my magnificent photographs! Tsk tsk.  I stare at a photo for some seconds, analyze if it’s good and can be qualified for the contest I’d be joining and if not I’ll delete it then after which I click next and do the same thing.

I did that process over and over again but never got tired. Afterwards I reached 49/50 of the photos I took.

I am now staring at the picture of the funny teacher and her cute little students. A wide smile formed in my lips as I remember how silly she was. I didn’t know I’ve been intently looking at that photo for more than a minute now.

It came to me that the next and last photo is ‘her’ photo. *Cough* that shot was not intentionally taken it was accidentally, okay? Then I just knew I was feeling something weird in my stomach, I feel giddy inside. My face seems to be burning, oh gosh I feel hot, did they just turned off the air condition?? And there is this urge which makes me want to click the next button as soon as possible. My eyes are like craving to see her picture. WAAAH!! What the hell is wrong with me!?!

Wait wait wait, Did I just heard my name? I turned off my cam and focused on these 4 guys.

Then it came to me that these fools were seemed to be talking about me! What the!! They’re abusing my spacing huh, let us see!

“WHAT?! WHAT!? WHAT ABOUT ME HUH!?!”  I blasted which made them horrified.

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

“Hyung, what’s wrong with Jiyong hyung?” One of the boys whose name was Seungri whispered to TOP.

TOP shrugged and didn’t know what’s with him as well.

“Base with what I’m seeing and with that sudden big smile his showing, I think he just fell in love with his new DSLR..” Daesung said as his index finger rubs against his chin.

“You’re probably right hyung!” Seungri agreed with Daesung’s inference and shared a high five with him.

Then all of a sudden both of them received a smack behind their heads.

“Ouch!!!” they chorused and massaged the back of their cranium.

“Aisht! The two of you really are idiots!” TOP scolded them which made him earn pouts from the two.

“Ya, Youngbae what’s with your best friend? He was like that since he sat on that chair” TOP asked the guy with a Mohawk hairstyle.

“I don’t know as well. JIYONG doesn’t even seem to notice that we’re talking about him” Youngbae stated and emphasizes the word Jiyong.

“We told you earlier TOP hyung, he fell for an inanimate object!!! Why do you not believe us?? Oh poor friend of ours huhuhuhu” the two insisted. They hugged each other and acted to cry.

The man they were talking about finally snapped back to reality,

“WHAT?! WHAT!? WHAT ABOUT ME HUH!?!”  he suddenly blurted and glared at them. The four guys startled and in even moved a little away from him.

“W-we..we w-ere uh uhm..y-yes..” Daesung tried to explain but failed to because of his fear to his hyung.

Jiyong’s eyes turned to slits after finding out they were talking about him,

“And what about it?” he said in a very serious tone.

“jiyong, chill down arraso? We’re just curious why you’ve been quiet and not joining our conversations. Is there a problem dude?” Youngbae said coolly making Seungri and Daesung astonished with how Youngbae managed to say that calmly.

“Youngbae hyung, you’re awesome!” Seungri said and gave him thumbs up. Youngbae just shook his head.

“Ohh that..Well, I was just scanning the pictures which I took earlier. I’m planning to join this photo contest and..” Jiyong then started to tell his friends the full details of the contest he’s joining.

“Oh. We see... Well, did you know that these two idiots beside me even thought of weird things when you were spacing out?” TOP said. While on the on the other hand, Seungri and Daesung were signaling TOP to stop as they shake their heads and hands.

“Hyung hehe shrug it off. Those were nothing!” Daesung excused.

“Oh yeah! And it’ll just be a waste of time if we tell you hyung! ” Seungri added.

At the end, Jiyong just didn’t budge. Afterwards the five boys went back to normal conversations, ate some food and finally had their time together. They’ve not bond for some months, and this time is good enough for them to catch up with each other’s activity.

Soon, the day ended. The group decided to bid goodbye.

Jiyong was on his way home when he felt someone was following his tracks. He abruptly stopped then looked back.

“SUENGRAT!?! What the hell are you doing!? Why were you following me!?”

“Uhm hyung, I just really need….uhm your help. I know you’re a very kind person and you have a nice sincere hea-“

“Shut up, what’s your point?”

 “Can I stay at your apartment for a week? Please oh please!! I forgot to pay my rent for three months and just last night my land lady threw my things out of my room and I got evicted from my apartment!! I’ll do anything you want! Buy anything for you just, do errands and stuff just pleeeeease!!” Seungri was able to state straight without pausing. He clasped his hands together

Jiyong paused for a while and had some few seconds to think,

“Anything?” Jiyong raised one of his brows.

“Ne!”

“Sure?”

“Ne!”

“Very sure?”

“NEEEEE!”

“Idiot” Jiyong monotonously said

“Huh? But wae?!” Seungri got confused.

“You seungrat! You’re offering me that you’ll buy me anything I want but can’t pay rent! Is that even logical!? Now reason out!”

Seungri bowed his head, “It’s just, I’m lazy to find a new apartment..and you know..it’s really hard to find one..so could you pleeeeeease?” he looked back at Jiyong with pleading eyes.

“ I promise to be good, I won’t bring girls in, I can sleep in the couch or even on the floor, I won’t bother you I swear, I’ll even cook for you, clean your house, wash your clothes, serve you in short, I can be your maid!!” He said with too much desperation. He was about to kneel on the pavement, but Jiyong was quick enough to stop him.

“Aish! Don’t dare to kneel!” he huskily said, the maknae followed and straightened up.

He flashed him with a big grin, “Sooooo does that mean, you’re going to let me stay?!”

“Just for a week. Make sure to do your job well and to carry out all of those you’ve stated. And lastly, make sure to find a new apartment within a week!”

“YES! YES! OKAY!! YEHEEEEY!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER HYUNG!!!” he threw himself to his hyung, hugged him so tight and even did some little swaying.

The people passing by were now looking at them, making Jiyong uncomfortable unlike Seungri who was not even aware of those stares.

“Cut it out” Jiyong huskily said. Seungri immediately let go and the big grin stayed plastered on his face.

--

The two finally reached home. Jiyong’s home.

“Seungrat, cook me some ramen” Jiyong ordered.

“Arraso!” Seungri complied and zoomed to the kitchen.

On the other hand, Jiyong entered his room and changed to a white tee and faded colored jeans. He sits in front of his laptop and transfers the pictures he took from his camera to his lappie.

Again, he did what he did back in the restaurant. He scanned his entire photos, but finally now he was able to reach the ‘lady’s’ picture unlike earlier, his ‘momento’ was cut out because of the boys.

He was unconscious that he had been staring at his laptop’s screen for a few minutes now. So unconscious that he didn’t notice Seungri has entered his room holding a bowl of ramen.

Seungri placed the ramen at the table side and went on where Jiyong was sitting. His eyes then spotted where his hyung was looking.

‘Seems like someone’s having a crush~’ he thought. He leans down on Jiyong’s level and stared at the photo as well.

“Wow she’s pretty” Seungri mumbled.

“Mm-hm” Jiyong replied. A smirk formed on the maknae’s lips hearing his hyung reply.

Jiyong suddenly jolted, he realized what he just responded to the voice he heard. His eyes moved at his side and just by that he knew it was Seungri. ‘Aisht!’ he said in his head. He knew that the maknae’s mind will formulate wrong ideas as usual but then he wonders why he feels all nervous.

 “Boo!” Seungri waved his hand and a very wide smile placed on his face.

Jiyong clicked the close button and pretended like that was nothing. He was sweating as if he was caught doing some crime.

“Do you know what the word ‘knock’ means!!!?” Jiyong said with an angry voice, trying to cover up his deed and not to make his nervousness obvious. Seungri didn’t budge but a smug was seen on his face, like saying ‘you-are-caught-red-handed’

“Sooooo I bet you have some explanation to say, hyung” Seungri raised his eyebrows up and down.

“Where’s my ramen?” Jiyong tried to ignore Seungri’s tease and change the topic.

“It’s on that table…Eh? Wait a minute, wait a minute!! Ayiie! Trying to change the topic huh!” he poked his hyung’s arm continuously. Jiyong just stood up and reached for his ramen.

“Jiyong has a crush, Jiyong has a crush!~ “ Seungri teased and ran around inside Jiyong’s room with his both hands raised up high swaying. Seungri then felt the dark aura which was starting to envelope the room. He stopped with his antics and followed with his eyes where the dark aura was coming from, his gaze ended at the glaring Jiyong.

Seungri purses his lips and played with his fingers, acting like an innocent kid.

“Go out!” Jiyong exclaimed. Seungri hurriedly went to the door before his hyung completely sent him out of the apartment.

But before he totally closes the door behind, he popped his head out and gave Jiyong a final tease.

“Jiyong’s in luhooove~” Seungri said and stuck his tongue out then quickly slammed the door close because Jiyong was about to throw him his shoe.