Chapter Three

The Photographer

CHAPTER THREE: Detective Seungri

The sun had raised fully, its rays pass through the thin blue skies reaching every part of the Earth’s surface. But yet one man in Jiyong’s apartment was still sleeping. He was sleeping peacefully despite of the small space he have.

Minutes later, he started to do some movements and soon his eyes opened.

 

SEUNGRI’s POV

*Yawn* I did some stretching as I woke up. My body hurts especially my back; this stupid couch is giving me a hard time aish. Hmm what time is it anyway?

I rubbed my eyes as I look for where hyung’s clock is.

Seems that he doesn’t have a wall clock in his living room, I only saw a digital desk clock which says it’s 9:30, Wednesday.

Wow, just nice. It’s already Wednesday! Time really is fast, it’s already the middle of the week and I haven’t looked for a new apartment, worse is I haven’t started yet!! Gahh! How would I? Hyung always ask me to do this and that then this and this then that. Hmp, Lucky him! If it ain’t because he did me a favor I won’t be doing all these dumb maid stuffs! T-T

Tsk, I should have just stayed in a hotel…….. wait a sec!! Why didn’t I think of that in the first place!? Pabo!! Regrets really come after.

 Anyways, You wondering if ever I tried bugging him about ‘Ms Pretty’ yesterday? Well yeah of course I did.

My actual plan was to bug him from day to night, but the day part kind of failed since he left early in the morning and arrived at around noon.

When he entered the house, I started with my mission, like asking him how was his day, did he see her and bla bla. But he ignored me like I was just some thin air following him. What he did was just to go straight to his room and slam the door in front of my face! Hmp! Was he trying to bruise my nose! Does he not know that my face cost a billion!?

I stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen to have my breakfast. I was expecting for bacon and eggs with hot choco for my meal but guess what my eyes saw when I reached the table, A plate of crumbs and a cup which I bet had coffee a while ago.

‘Ergh!!!’ I groaned inside my mind. He did the same yesterday! He also left me no breakfast but empty dinner wares.

Hyung, I admit I’m somehow thankful you don’t wake me up early and ask me to make you breakfast but please just stretch your goodness a little more and make breakfast not just for yourself but for me too!

Since I felt lazy to make breakfast for my own, I decided to just eat outside.

---

After I ate my delicious stomach filling meal, I decided to have some walk. *Sighs*I miss this relaxed feeling, It’s like I’ve not felt like this for two decades! Just staying in hyung’s house for two days is like torture! Doing all his commands felt like you’re on a forever running treadmill.

“Oh! I have to look for a new apart..ment..” the detective spirit in me slowly awakened  and I immediately hid behind the nearest post.

Did I just saw a familiar figure walking across the street?

‘Is that Jiyong hyung??’

‘Where the hell is he heading huh?’

I decided to follow the guy and when I got closer, my lips formed into an evil smirk. My brilliant mind started to form brilliant ideas.

‘Hm..maybe he’s gonna meet with the ‘woman in the laptop’!’

‘It’s time to get vengeance, Detective Seungri-ah’ I thought. *insert evil laugh here*

It’s a good thing I brought my shades with me keke.  It’d add more to my detective atmosphere~

I took my shades from my pocket and wore it. Do I look handsome..I mean more handsome now, ladies? Mohahaha!

Mission: To get Jiyong hyung’s business with ‘Ms. Pretty’ busted! LET’S GO!!!

I crossed the street to make a shorter distance between us and for me to have a closer eye on him. It’s a good thing that there are lots of posts and trees around where in I can hide if ever he notices that someone (which is apparently me) is spying on him. But I don’t think he would notice, he’s busy..very busy with taking pictures.

So yeah, as expected, we walked and walked and walked. Gah this is tiring! Does he never get tired of walking then clicking his camera and do that again and again? Aish!

My play is getting boriiiiing, Hyuuuung just lead us to where your ‘Ms. Pretty’ is! I wanna bust you!

Then I noticed we were heading to a particular place….Han river? Why is he going to Han River?

My Hypotheses:

No. 1 - Hyung wants to relax and view the beautiful park.

No. 2 - Capture pictures of nature….wait isn’t it he’s joining a photo contest which focuses on education??

And No. 3 - To see the mysterious lady!!

I’m rooting for No. 3!!!

My focus went to Hyung, What the hell is he doing!? Is he also trying to be a detective huh? Why does he seem to be hiding too?

I looked at him intently from behind a post just a distance from the tree his hiding in. I tried to stretch my neck longer to be able to see what he is taking a picture of. But unfortunately I have no neck like a giraffe.

I then decided to take the ‘risk’. The ‘risk’ I’m talking about here is to get close, like you know C-L-O-S-E, to my prey which is Kwon Jiyong hyung!!

I readied myself, took a deep breath and prayed for all the gods in the high heavens.

 Before I took my first step, I checked the area, looked at my left and right. After which, I tipped my toes and started my tracks. Imagine my state like I’m a sneaking thief eager to steal a very expensive diamond.

I stride silently and carefully, avoiding not to make any noise that’ll surely distract Hyung.

My normal breathing came back when I successfully reached his back without him noticing. I was evilly laughing my lungs out inside my head. I’m near in completing my mission mohahaha!

Hyung just took a picture! And now he’s looking at it on the camera’s screen. I tried to take a peak and since he’s sort of blocking my face, I only saw a little of the shot but I think my eyes are really keen and guess what it saw? THE SIMILAR GIRL HE WAS LOOKIG AT ON HIS LAPTOP LAST TIME!!

I KNEW IT, I REALLY KNEW IT! HYPOTHESIS NUMBER THREE IS DAEBAAAKl!

Okay, okay. He’s taking another shot, He adjusted the lenses and then positions himself and the camera. I looked at where the camera was focused. There I saw, the lady and a group of kids under a tree.

My eyes focused on the lady.  Ohlala, she’s prettier in person. She’s like a goddess with those beautiful features. Tsk, why is hyung so fortunate! I wish I knew this lady before him…why am I so unlucky… :(

*CLICK*Jiyong just took another picture. Hmm I wonder what her name is. Okay okay, let’s get back to the business.

Vengeance is sweet really~ Let’s start the bugging part!

“Sooo..is this why you leave home early huh?” I whispered to Ji’s ear as he was about to take another shot.

I noticed him stiffened. He abruptly looked back and he looked so horrified when he saw me.

“What the hell!!?!” he husked.

“Hello hyung~” I said gracefully with batting eyelashes.

“What are you doing here you rat! You were supposed to stay at home doing chores or finding a new place to stay!”  he got my hood and drag me away with him.

 “Well forget about that first Hyung! Let’s just talk about the beautiful lady! I’d be glad to meet her! Will you please introduce me? ” I said as I walked backwards.

He halted and let go of my hoodie, it was actually like a toss coz I almost lost my balance. My face nearly hit the floor aigoo.

“I can’t introduce you to her.” he lets out a sigh then sat on the nearest bench.

 “Huh? But why?” I asked with my bewildered face.

“She does not know me. We don’t personally know each other.”

An ‘O’ formed on my mouth. I finally understand it now. Hyung was hiding a while ago because he was stealing pictures of her. So that means he’s a…..

“So you’re a stalker”

He then hits the back of my head, “Aish!”

“Ouch hyung! What was that for!!” I protest as I massage my head.

He just stayed silent, staring at something.

With my pouting lips I followed where he was gazing at. My eyes landed on a cluster of kids with a lady.

“So what are your plans now?” I asked him as we were both looking at her..I mean them.

“I don’t know”

“Why don’t you try to introduce yourself to her! Come!! I’ll help you!” I stood up and tried to pull him up.

“Oh yeah! Let’s introduce myself to her and let myself look like some lunatic idiot who’s just sprouted from nowhere” he said sarcastically and shook my hands off his arm.

I rolled my eyes and threw myself down the same bench to sit again.

“You’re just shy..” I mumbled to myself.

“What did you say?”

“Huh? N-nothing!” Phew! That was close!

We stayed silent for a little moment but it seems my mouth and mind won’t stop working.

“But hyung, do you somehow want her to know who you are? Even just an itsy bitsy bit?”

I thought he’d instantly say a yes, because if so I’d be the one to voluntarily help him! But contrary to what I thought it took him some time to respond and when I thought he was about to he just looked at me with a poker face for some sec and stood up from the bench, leaving me behind.

“Ya hyung!” I called. Ayayay, Jiyong hyung is the most unpredictable man alive!!

 I then stood up and catch up with his pace.                

 

JIYONG’s POV                        

“Why don’t you try to introduce yourself to her! Come!! I’ll help you!” Seungri said to me.

Yeah right Seungri, you’ll help me huh? I’d rather ask a help from a three year old kid! You’d just make a mess I assure.

“Oh yeah! Let’s introduce myself to her and let myself look like some lunatic idiot who’s just sprouted from nowhere” I replied sarcastically as I shook my arm away from his hold.

“But hyung, do you somehow want her to know who you are? Even just an itsy bitsy bit?”

Can somebody please tell me if I’m really talking to a human with a REAL HUMAN BRAIN.  Of course I want her to know me!

If luckier, I’d want us to be friends and subsequently if all gods in heaven are on my side it won’t be that bad if I wish her to be my girl...

Aish! That’s probably impossible….*sighs* Maybe fate has destined me to be coward in introducing myself to a girl I like.

I stood up from the bench where I was sitting and started my tracks; soon Seungri followed and started pestering the hell out of me again.