Chapter 4.

Hand Me What's In Your Hands

A loud knock echoed through Seohyun’s apartment. She knew exactly who it was waiting for her infront of her apartment. She had just arrived from the party, she didn’t even change her clothes so she guessed that he came directly to her apartment after the party.

 

She opened the door with a sigh, “You could’ve waited until tomorrow, you know.”

 

“Seo Juhyun is procrastinating something, now that’s something we don’t see every day,” Changmin said, smug as he invited himself in.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes, “I was going to drop by tomorrow morning so we can write the report together before heading to office anyways, it’s not like I didn’t plan on doing it.”

 

“Let’s just write it now,” Changmin stated as he sat on her sofa, “Actually, I was thinking that since you’ve always been the better one at reports, I could give you the ideas and you could write them down.”

 

Seohyun knew that arguing with Changmin would always come to avail because the both of them know very well that while Seohyun was the better writer, Changmin will always be the better debater.

 

“So, any ideas on how to start?” Seohyun asked as she rubbed her hands together, ready to work.

 

“Nope,” Changmin replied. She sighed again.

 

“I’ll go get a pen and a paper so we can brainstorm on what we did this week, okay?” Seohyun offered as she went to her study table where her utensils were neatly placed.

 

“Did you find any evidence that can lead us to who gives them the drugs?” Seohyun asked after a while.

 

“Nope,” Changmin answered, “Did you?”

 

“No,” Seohyun admitted. She didn’t really do any research the past week; she focused on fitting in with the rest of the students.

 

“So,” Changmin sighed, “How’re we going to do this?”

 

“I have no idea,” Seohyun answered.

***********

Yunho looked at the 2 pages that were handed to him by the two of the best agents (or he thought were the best anyways) he had hired. Changmin and Seohyun eyed each other nervously; each knew perfectly well that they were going to get scolded.

 

“What the hell is this?” Yunho mouthed after he was done reading the report.

 

“This, sir, is the report you asked for if you don’t remember,” Changmin replied.

 

“Don’t be smart with me now, are you guys seriously police officers? I didn’t ask to know what situations made these kids do drugs, I didn’t need you to proof to me that they’re good people because you know what, that doesn’t matter and that’s not our job. You work for the police not some social help group, get it?” Yunho scolded his agents. Yunho’s brain was exploding, not only did he have to deal with his in-laws complaints about how he’s not spending enough time with BoA, his wife, but things in work are going downhill as well.

 

“Sir, relax, it’s been only a week and we managed to get invited to these parties already, it’s an accomplishment, don’t you think?” Changmin said.

 

“It’s not enough,” Yunho said firmly, “I need facts, I need evidence. Anything that can actually lead us to the dealers we’re talking about, I don’t need you to defend those addicts because after we capture the dealers, we’re going to punish anyone who participated in spreading these drugs so whether Im Yoona’s parents drove her do this or not, does not matter. She, and the rest of her friends who might be involved in this will all be taken into custody, get it?”

Changmin knew that it was against his job to let emotions be involved in his missions but it still bothered him that because of him and Seohyun, these people who, in his opinion were not to blame, were going to be punished.

 

“Yes sir!” he and Seohyun echoed regardless.

 

“Now go out there and get your acts together, I want your next report next Saturday, understood?”

 

“Yes sir!” they repeated.

 

“You’re dismissed,” Yunho announced and the two exited the office quietly.

 

A/N since this chapter is super short, I updated the other one too.