03.

Broken Lovers

"Um, can i come in?" Na Eul asked softly, her hands stuffed deeply into the pockets of her white coat. "It's pretty cold out here." Yoseob, still not over the fact that Doojoon's sister was standing in front of him, just continued to stare at her. They could have been twins, the two siblings. Her chocolate brown eyes were the same as his, and her smile seemed to brighten up the room like his did.

"Maybe it was a bad idea to come here..." She said when the older man in front of her showed no signs of letting her into the house. "I should go then. It was nice meeting you, Yoseob-ssi." She bowed and began to walk off down the hallway. It was then that Yoseob noticed the large bag on her shoulder, and realization struck him. Did she need a place to stay.

"Hey, wait!" He called after her, and she turned towards him just as the elevator door opened. "...............Do you want some coffee?" Na Eul could tell he didn't do this often, but accepted the offer with a small smile and a nod of her head. She walked back to the door, and Yoseob stepped back into the apartment to allow her to enter.

She walked into the apartment and looked around. It was small, enough to fit one person, and clothes laid over every piece of furniture. Yoseob, seeing the mess himself, immediately began grabbing clothes and putting them in a hamper. "Sorry about the mess. I haven't had people over in a while." Na Eul nodded, depositing her large duffel bag on the floor near the door and taking a seat on the couch. Yoseob went to the kitchen and grabbed to cups, filling them with coffee and asking what she would like in hers.

"Two sugars and one cream please," She stated, and he did what she asked before handing over the cup to her. Sitting down in a chair opposite her, they quietly sipped their drinks. Na Eul, looking up at her brother's best friend every few moments, wondered what seemed to have changed so much between the Yoseob her brother had always told her about and the Yoseob sitting across from her.

"You weren't at the funeral." She said quietly, staring down into her coffee. "My mother was really sad that you didn't come. You were the closest person to Doojoon Oppa." She looked up at Yoseob and saw that he seemed to be fighting back tears.

"I didn't deserve to be at the funeral." He stated coldly, setting his drink aside and running a hand through his brown hair. "Doojoon hated me, he said so right before the accident. I didn't want to go to the funeral when i wasn't wanted."

"That's not true, Doojoon Oppa would've wanted you to be there!" She said with a almost broken tone. Tears filled her own eyes as she once again took out the picture and set it on the table, pushing it across so he could take it. "Out of all the people in his life, he cherished you the most! You were the most important person in his world, Yoseob-ssi! More important than our parents, and more important than even me, his sister! No matter what he said out of anger and no matter what you ever did, you always came first!" By now, she was crying, and Yoseob just stared at her in shock as she flipped over the picture and pointed to the message written on the back in Doojoon's handwriting.

Yoseob and Doojoon: Always Brothers

"Do you think he would just write those words carelessly!!" She screamed at him as she slammed her hand on the table. "You were his best friend, and you didn't even go to his funeral!!!" Yoseob picked up the picture with shaking hands and stared at the two of them, his arm around Doojoon's shoulder as they shared similar smiles.

"We're gonna be brothers forever, Yoseob-ah. Don't ever forget that."

"I......." He couldn't finish what he was trying to say because a sob choked back all his words. He dropped the picture back onto the table and buried his face in his hands. His loud sobs echoed across the entire apartment, and Na Eul walked over to him. She kneeled in front of him and put her arms on his knees, burying her head in them and crying her heart out too.

"It was my fault he died," Yoseob cried out, pulling at his hair as his tears dropped down onto Na Eul's arms. "If I hadn't done it, he wouldn't have gotten mad and drove off and gotten into the crash!!"

"What did you do?" She asked, raising her head to look at him. Yoseob shook his head as more tears slid down his cheeks. He couldn't tell. If he said it, he would truly have to admit that it was his fault.

"Yoseob," Na Eul said softly through her tears as she gently put both her hands on his cheeks. "It's alright, you can tell me? What happened between you and my brother? What made him get in the car and drive off? Please, tell me....."

"If i hadn't done it, he wouldn't have died."

"Done what?"

".........................................slept with his girlfriend............."

Sorry for the long wait for an update. This chapter made me cry so bad, and in the next chapter we're going to hear the story of the night Doojoon died. Comment and Subscribe (:

-Samantha