02.

Broken Lovers

He woke up at eleven that morning, sleep not coming easy earlier in the night. Standing up, he stretched his tired muscles and walked over to the closet in order to put together an outfit. It seemed like it had been forever since he had last went shopping for new clothes, but still, his old hoodies and sweatpants were fine enough for a day in.

He walked into the kitchen area and started a brew of coffee, hoping the sweet smell would help ease his nerves from last nights nightmare. As the coffee was being made, he grabbed a bowl and poured some cereal.

He walked over to the answering machine and clicked the button to replay the new voicemails he had gotten in the last few days.

"Hey Yoseob, it's Kikwang." The voice of his friend filled the tiny apartment. "Um, i just wanted to check in and see how you're doing with...everything. We're all waiting for you to come back to school and hang out again. I guess i'll, uh, see you later..."

"Yoseob, come on man. We're getting worried about you now. It's been three months. You can't just hole yourself up in your apartment and expect everything to go away. Call me back and we can talk." Hyunseung said with a tone of frustration.

Yoseob didn't even bother hearing the rest of the messages; they all said the same thing. They always did.

He walked back to the kitchen to get his now finished coffee, pouring it into a mug and adding only cream. With a sigh, he sipped the brew with a sense of calm. 'Why can't it all just go away?'

His morning silence was then interrupted by a soft knock at his door. Nobody he knew would dare come visit him if they wanted to keep their face in tact. Puzzled, Yoseob walked to the door and unlocked it. Opening the door, he was surprised to see a girl. A young girl, maybe around eighteen or nineteen years old. She had long black hair and innocent eyes that seemed t stare down deep into Yoseob's core.

"Who are you?" He asked, his cold tone seeming to startle her. "If you're selling anything, i don't want it." The girl took a small breath before reaching into her pocket, pulling out a folded piece of paper. Unfolding it, she held it up for Yoseob to see.

"My name is Yoon Na Eul," She said as Yoseob looked at the picture. It was of him and Doojoon when they had graduated high school and were holding up their diplomas. "My brother told me that if i ever needed help, you were the person i should go to if he wasn't around. So here i am."

What. The. Hell.

Well, another chapter down, so many more to go :)