Glimpse of the Past

Second Chance

I never thought that it would be this important for me to find out about my past.

 

I simply absorbed everything that Siwon and Kyu told me. What kind of person I was, the people I hung out with and everything that I liked doing.

 

But obviously they left out parts of my life.

 

The man tonight. They left him out.

 

I could not be wrong. Those dreams that had haunted me these 2 years. Faint visions of me and him together. I was sure those were real.

 

Why did nobody tell me about him then?

 

So here I am, at my place that I shared with Kyu. Since he was out with Min, it would be safe for me to go into his room.

 

Not that I had never been into his room. But I never intruded upon his privacy. Actually, I would never intrude upon anyone's privacy. But i had things I need to find out.

 

I had no luck with the drawers or cupboards. Neither did i find anything under the bed or above the storage spaces.

 

There is nowhere else. Nothing.

 

All had been wiped out. Why?

 

I went back to my room feeling defeated. But I could not accept it. They might be trying to protect me from my past but I had a right to know everything about my life. What exactly were they hiding?

 

As i lay on my bed, my eyes fell upon my closet. Suddenly I remembered distantly seeing a locked compartment in my closet. I had not even once thought of trying to open it.

 

I quickly rushed over and tried opening it but it was locked. Kyu was still at Min's. I could call the locksmith over now.

 

---

 

After paying off the locksmith, I quickly went and opened the compartment. I really hoped that I could find something that would reveal more about the man. Maybe I kept a diary in the past or something. Please let me be the daily journaling type.

 

I opened the compartment and no. No diary. No photos that I was hoping of finding too.

 

I did find a really old looking... movie ticket? There was a plane ticket. And some sorts of receipts and stuffs like that. I dug further. Wait, there it was. A photograph.

 

It was us.

 

It was us at a beach, he was holding a fishing rod with a fish hanging just at the bottom and I was smiling and pointing at the fish. And the picture captured him smiling a gummy smile at me.

 

I could not believe it. I cried. We had looked so happy.

 

Why did he leave me then?

 

The house phone started ringing and I was far too gone to answer it. I could not understand anything anymore and my head started to throb.

 

My friends lied to me. They did not tell me about this man at all. And it seemed he had actually left me when I was so badly injured at the hospital and yet 2 years later when I begged him to not leave, he still left.

 

The phone kept ringing.

 

I finally got up and answered it.

 

It was Siwon and he started rambling and asking me to talk to him when I remained silent.

 

Fine. Let's talk.

 

'What exactly have you and Kyu been hiding from me all this while?'

 

Silence. No. That was the sound of guilt i believed.

 

'Hae... You- What… What are you saying?' The ever cool calm and composed Siwon stammered. He actually did.

 

I slammed the phone. And walked out of the house.

 

---

 

A/N: I think this chapter , i'm just unable to gain the flow when i wrote this. Anyway, despite this I actually can't believe we are halfway through already. Sorry for the short chapter though, the next chapter will definitely be longer. ^^