You. Are. Mine

Perfect

You. Are. Mine

Always...

 

“Are you even listening, Minho?”

Annoyance was plastered all over her face.

“Uhuh.”

Not even bothered to look at her, Minho continues to look at the screen, trying to beat the highest score in the xbox football game.

Yuri sighs.

So, this is what you got when you married an enthusiastically pro gamer who despise losing. Last month Taemin, his adorable half-brother, came to visit and they spent the whole night playing. And guess what – Minho loses at the end of the games…and he had never been the same ever since.

“Let’s go outside Minho. You had been playing the same game since a month ago. I need some air!” she nearly shouted at him.

“Just a moment Yuri. I need this. Taemin will come tomorrow for a rematch and I don’t want to be a sore loser anymore or else you would have to prepare his dinner again next week. You know I hate it when he came on the weekend. I want you all by myself when I’m free and that means I don’t want anyone to disturb us, not even my brother.”

She crosses her arms.

“Look, I do this for us. I need to win tomorrow’s game so that we will have a peaceful weekend. If you want to go out so much, just go Yuri. Just take the dog with you and text me where you are heading, okay?” He said coolly whilst his eyes concentrating on the monitor.

Well, she had enough. Her inner self was screaming at him to get off from the couch. She needs something – anything to smack his head now. Her eyes caught a bat below the coffee table in front of her and she was preparing to hit him when her phone buzzed. She looks at the screen.

Hmm…perfect!

“Hello?”

Minho remained impassive. She snorted.

“Oh hi Siwon.” She raised her voice and smirked as she saw him. That one name easily makes his shoulder stiff. He tried not to look at her but she caught his anxious glance.

Uhuh. That caught your attention, isn’t it?

She smirks. The smell of victory is near.

“Yeah, I’m okay.” She tried to be as excited as possible. “Just chilling out in our new apartment.”

Minho was trying hard to focus on his game but she knew he’s failing. He just missed his score a second ago.

“Oh, you are in the town? Great!”

He cleared his throat now. It must be dried up because of his jealousy.

“Yeah, I’m free now. I can go out for a drink.” She smiled at his another missed-score. “Well Minho had something to do but he wouldn’t mind if I go out.”

His jaw tightens. And she wonders if he realized that he might break the controller soon enough if he didn’t loosen up his grip a little bit.

“Ok, I meet you down in fifteen minutes.”

She was about to stand up when he gripped her arm so fast that she staggered back to her seat beside him.

“Where are you going?” he asked, his wide eyes are burning.

“I’m going out.”

“With Siwon? I don’t think so.”

Yuri rolled her eyes at him and jerks his hand off her. She stands up. “Well, you give me permission to go out just now, Minho, and I will do just that. And don’t worry, I will text you where I’m heading to.”

She stormed off to their room to pick out her cloth. She nearly chuckled at his dumbstruck face just now. Serve him right. Her inner trolls just being unleashed.

Suddenly the door opens and Minho slide in with ease. He put both of his hands on his waist – not a good sign.

“I don’t want you to meet that sleazeball, Yuri.”

“He’s not a sleazeball, he’s my boss –”

“And he still wants into your .”

“Minho!”

He holds up his hand in air, “Look, I don’t want us to fight because of him –”

“Good because he’s my boss and I want to get ready to have a descent drink with him right now.”

“That’s not what I meant, Yuri.” His voice is filled with rage now. “I’m not going to let you go out with him after he made a pass at you at the annual dinner.”

“He didn’t make a pass at me. He merely complimented my dress.”

He rolled his eyes. “Yeah…by saying your legs looks nice and your waist is small. He’s totally rude. I was standing beside you and I’m your husband!”

“If you are my husband then you should be paying attention to me rather than that stupid xbox Minho. It has been one month and I’m suffocating. I hate it when you were caught up in your games. It makes me so invisible. I told you I was pregnant just now and you weren’t even listening.”

He stills. His brows crease with disbelief.

“What?” he barely whispers.

She sighs. “I’m pregnant, Minho. We’re going to be a parent.”

His stance changes immediately as his brain begins to register. He smiled his foolish grin towards her and his eyes soften.

“Oh my god. You are pregnant?” he asks for reassurance.

Yuri smiles shyly and nods.

“Choi Yuri.” He moves suddenly, grabbing her waist and gently cupping his hand to her jaw, “I love you so much. You are such a beautiful woman.” He whispers, “and you are about to give me the joy of the world. How could I ever thank you?”

“By letting me out of the apartment.” She said dryly. Still mad, obviously.

His eyes are back glaring at her a few moments before it softens again.

“You were mad at me.” He places a chaste kiss at her cheek. “I’m sorry honey. I was so mad that Taemin ed up my highest score. Don’t worry, I will throw out that xbox right now.”

She frowned, “You would do that?”

“Of course.” He lands another kiss on her forehead. “Anything for you. I’m really sorry Yuri.”

“It’s okay…but I still had to go out though.”

He releases her. His jaw was taut. “You are carrying my child and you are going off with that freaky eyebrow man? Over my dead body!”

…and his jealousy is back!

She chuckles. “No you stupid head.” She holds his jaw on her palms. “I was just playing at you. It was your sister who called just now. She wanted to have a coffee with me downstairs.”

His shoulder relaxes again.

“Oh, Minho. What should I do to you?” She runs her hand through his tousled hair. “You are such a jealous possessive husband. If one thing that could distract you is the fact that I’m with a man that is not you.”

Minho smirks. “You know me so well, Mrs Choi.”

He nuzzles her neck and plants a kiss on it.

“You. Are. Mine.” He claimed. “Only me, Choi Yuri.”

She giggles and lands her head on his chest. “Well, with your child growing inside me. I don’t think anyone would doubt it – especially the freaky eyebrow man.”

“Yeah, especially him.” Minho laughs heartily.

“By the way, my boss is actually gay.”

There’s a moment of silence before she looks up and watch his amused expression.

“Well…that explains the eyebrows.”

 

 

 

Words from the author,

well, I couldn't resist writing one fic. I'd been craving to write but time is not on my side. sorry people. I just managed to write a little...so here it is. Hope you enjoy it. Please pray for my finals. Hopefully I will graduate next year!