Daesung // D-LITE [Present Day]

Project: Monster

 

A wild fury erupted inside me as I saw distorted and magnified images of the cruel lab coated mannequins. A deep growl emerged from my throat, radiating with hatred. I felt my bones start to morph and elongate against my will. I didn’t want to transform. I didn’t want to reveal myself to them like this. I felt bare, in front of them like this. I wanted to hide myself from them, to never let them see. 

But now they have, and I—

Whispers.

I feel—

Accelerated footsteps. Whispers grow.

Feel so—

Pencils scribbled across paper. Heightened emotions. Prying eyes.

Infuriated.

So I explode.

 

I jolted awake to find myself encased in fur and on fours. I look to see familiar claws, fur, and feel the comforting sense of smelling and hearing more than my human form.

All my brothers are agitated. They always are on this day.

Even though dawn’s right around the corner, I have no will to turn back. My mind is occupied anyhow. I’m too restless to think about reality.

Waves of raw emotion and colors crashed onto my mind. Some of anger. Some of sadness. Some of even happiness. But it all led to pain.

I paced the room subconsciously, my heart agitated with thoughts of the tainted house. I’ve only spent a year and a half there, but it was enough for me to feel the same pain my older brothers went through. I don’t know how they’re still alive and in tact. I looked up to them.

I missed my pack. I missed the other wolves. And I missed the sensation of the synergy and togetherness that the pack had, especially during the hunt. I was robbed of that, my freedom and life.

But now, I feel a deeper bond with my four other brothers that I found. We’ve stuck together through thin and thinner, and there was this connection that could never be erased.

We need it now more than ever.

- - -
 
A/N: Please don't forget to comment below. Thank you.