G.Dragon [Present Day]

Project: Monster

A/N: This chapter was supposed to be uploaded last week, but I was unable to upload it due to Internet troubles. So I will be posting two chapters this week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Snapshot

- - -

 

Sleep wasn’t even an option for me last night.

I remember soundly the events two years ago on this same day. I ended up burning down our old apartment and we had to move again, finding new jobs and our path to follow. But we weren’t as lucky as we were the first time. We had to split off and relocate separately since the jobs we could find couldn’t support the five of us. We had to split…because of me.

This year, however, was somewhat of a success. Memories still flooded my head, but I was conscious enough to contain them, or at least direct the raw emotions at little things, like spare cardboard boxes.

Sighing, I got up and grabbed the broom and dustpan out of its home in a corner of my bedroom. Then I proceeded to sweep up the ashy remains of the mentioned cardboard boxes. We were just about moved in anyhow.

After putting the ashes in the trash bin, I turned around to notice some scorch marks on the wooden floor. Half considering to just keep it, I flopped down on my bed, facing the ceiling, which also had scorch marks. Thoroughly confused on how they originated, as my body stilled, memories started to dominate my thoughts.

Struggling to discard them, I felt glorious hot flames encircling me as I let go all the pain and anger they had caused me.

Shaking my head furiously, I tried to get as much of the harsh, icy water off my head and dry myself up.

Mustering a glare, I almost nicked one of the white-coated junkies before the protective wall promptly slammed down in front of them, shielding them from any harm.

Gritting my teeth, I clenched my fists, straining the chains that constricted my movement while rubbing my wrists raw, and I let another roar of blazing flames their way, blind with anger.

A sickening feeling entered my gut as dangerous tears fought their way to the surface of my head. I considered giving up, just letting it go. But I wouldn’t let what happened to us a year ago happened again.

Their hands were almost at our throats.

- - -

A/N: Also, don't forget to comment and/or critique chapters as you read. Your input gives me feedback on how to write this fanfic. Thank you.

-Snapshot