Chapter 1: Have you ever been in love?

Four Men and a DJ

“Oppaaa~”
Jongwoon grinned at the elongated call, “You’re on the air.” He replied, “What do you want to ask Oppa?”
The girl on the line squealed before calming down, “Oppa, have- have you ever been in love?”
The DJ laughed softly, “Only with my fans… and the sound of my own voice.” He lied smoothly.
Jongwoon leaned into the mic, “Thanks for calling~ I hope you keep listening~”

After the show, he thanked his producer and the technicians.
He went for a walk knowing his partner wouldn’t be home for a few more hours due to his own work schedule.

Jongwoon pondered the question the caller had asked.
He could say that he has been in love. He was currently in love. He smiled thinking of his lover’s smile.
Jongwoon knew he listened to his radio show at work. The question will no doubt have struck him too.
Jongwoon can expect to face the question when he arrived home.

The two had never talked about it before. They were both well aware that neither were s when they met. Neither had a problem with it.
Jongwoon wondered about his lover. Had he ever been in love before Jongwoon?

--

Jongwoon arrived home first.
He was preparing dinner when he heard a knock at the door, “Woonie,” The man outside called, “My hands are fuuuull.”
Jongwoon hastily set down the spoon and hurried to open the door.
“I’m hoome~” Laughing, they managed to keep from spilling and dropping all the shopping bags as they tried to lean in to give each other a peck on the lips.

Jongwoon helped the man carry in his bags, “Did you really need to go shopping?”
“Aigoo, but I saw my favorite place had a sale- I had to, Woonie. It would have been a crime if I hadn’t.”
“I don’t think it would’ve been a crime.”
“I got you things too!”
Jongwoon went back to the kitchen of the tiny apartment they shared, “Like what?”

“Look at these cute earrings and this shirt- oh look, look at this tie.”
Jongwoon laughed, “Thank you, they’re beautiful.”
His lover smiled brightly. He stood up and walked over to the stove, “I knew you’d like them. What are you cooking?”
“Just some sauce noodles.”
“Mmm, you’re so sweet starting dinner. How did you know I would be late?”
“I passed your favorite store today and saw the big sale sign. I figured you might be late coming home.”

They laughed together and his lover leaned in to kiss his cheek, “Woonie.”
“Mm?”
“I heard your radio show today.”
Jongwoon smiled, “Don’t you hear it everyday?”
“Aish, yes, of course! But that girl… the question she asked... I know you love me.”
“I do love you.”
His lover smiled brightly again for a moment before it faded slightly, “Have you ever…?”

Jongwoon turned the fire off, “These are finished. Want to get some bowls? I’ll pour some water-“
“Woonie.” His lover pouted.
He laughed, leaning in to kiss the pout, “Once before.”
“Just once?”
“Aigoo- just once? How many times have you been in love?”
His lover grinned, “I’m in love right now~ but- but seriously, you’ve only been with two people?”

“I didn’t say that.” Jongwoon corrected, “I said I’ve been in love twice. There have been other men.”
“Who?”
“So curious about my mysterious past. I don’t understand the draw.” Jongwoon teased.
“I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours.”
Jongwoon thought about it, “You sure you want to go down this memory lane?”
His lover threw his arms around Jongwoon’s neck, “I know how the story concludes. I won’t be jealous because in the end, I get the prize!”

The apartment was quiet for a moment while the two held each other close, warm lips against slightly cold ones.

“Okay.” Jongwoon sighed, “Let’s eat and I’ll talk.”
“That’s the spirit, I knew my interrogation techniques would work on you.”
“What other techniques do you have?”
“You keep trying to delay and you’re going to find out.”
Jongwoon laughed, “Okay okay… well… I guess then I’ll start at the beginning. My first love- no… well… I mean, I guess I could call him my first love. But I wasn’t actually in love with him-“
Woonie.”
“Let me start over.”

 

***

A/N: And so we begin. This shouldn't be more than a few chapters. I have a good idea of where this is going and how to get it there so it shouldn't take too long. Any guesses as to who Jongwoon ends up with?