Settle Down Woman

Runaway Star

“Are you ready yet?” Kyuhyun groaned rolling his eyes. “You we’re already ready I can’t see why you would need to-“  He stopped complaining when you stuck your head out of the bathroom and glared at him harshly. “It’s mmmmy birthday, I have to be fully satisfied. I still don’t even know how you knew  when my birthday was.” He rolled his eyes again and pointed above him to the calendar that had a big red circle and balloons on the date. “You mark everything on that thing I’m sure I could even find when you start your-“”GET OFF MY BED YOU CREEP” You suddenly screamed to, one, get him to stop talking and two actually get him off of your bed. “Why don’t you try yelling that again when your mouth is empty and isn’t covered in tooth paste” He said smirking and crossing his arms as he put his head back against the wall. “Just hurry up you.” Kyuhyun warned then shot you a glare that made you blush nervously for some reason. “Please” he sang.

                “Should you really be going outside? Not that’s it’s my business I mean if you get caught then you go home and I can have the house to myself again.” You said through the bathroom door. “I’m not worried about getting caught. If you want me to leave I will but I honestly don’t think you want to be alone.” What does he know? He’s only been here a few days and he thinks he’s at home and knows everything, what a pain. “Don’t you think your mom will be worried and miss you?” “Don’t you remember why I ran away?” He sighed. “And my fans well…they’ll be okay. I won’t be gone forever, maybe even just long enough for my mom to get a grip on reality. She has to realize I can marry who I want and when I want, anyway. I’ll be downstairs. Meet me when you’re ready.”

                “Was it this cold out before?” You shivered and your teeth chattered together. “Here cover your face” Kyuhyun said pulling your scarf over your mouth and nose. “Why do you want me to cover my face, tired of looking at it?” Kyuhyun could only sigh “Must you hate me for everything I do?” “I won’t hate you if you stop breathing.” You smirked at him as the bus came but he pulled your scarf so you couldn’t step forward. “Yah wait.” He warned but you just started swinging around and hitting him. “You nearly strangled me. Ugh you’re more annoying today than usual.” He scoffed at you. “Yeah well you almost got on the wrong bus then how annoying would it be if we went to the wrong side of town. Just work with me for once I’m trying to help you have a nice birthday. Clearly you have no one else to spend it with your mom isn’t even here. And has she called?” “Shut up Kyuhyun” You shoved his side. “Is that the right bus?” You asked pointing to the next approaching bus. He just nodded.

                “Okay fine. I don’t need your pity by the way. I don’t need you at all. No one asked you to do anything for me. Besides you’re the one staying at my house because your mom is trying to sell you off and you have no friends.” Ouch.

                This wasn’t exactly how you planned to start the day, why were you so bitter? You sat two seats behind Kyuhyun. Half his face was covered with a white scarf and he covered his eyes with dark glasses and a hat on his head. You stared at your phone and clutched it tight in your hand. A tear rolled from your face to your thumb. “Bastard.” Why does everyone love him so much he’s a total ! I guess if I was his mom I would try to sell him for money too that’s all he’s wor- “Please sit up here” Kyuhyun pleaded with saddened eyes through his glasses. “No way” Your voice cracked in response from your crying but he couldn’t see any tears. He thought it would be best to leave you alone but he didn’t want to. He wasn’t really trying to upset anyone but somehow he had led you both done a path where both your feelings were hurt and he didn’t know how to fix it other than being honest which he really hated doing. He took the initiative, when the bus stopped, to move back two seats to sit beside you.

                You kept your head down and still had your phone tightly clutched in your hand. He was right, she hadn’t called and she probably wouldn’t call if she had even remembered the date of her only child’s birth. “Hey” Kyuhyun started and put his hand over yours. “I’m sorry okay? I really don’t know what I’m talking about. She’ll call so put your phone away.” In defeat your head fell on his shoulder and a tear dripped from your face to his hand. He just looked away from you he didn’t want to make you anymore upset of uncomfortable by looking at you while you cried. He just glanced off out the window on the opposite side of the bus. “Please…don’t I’ll never forgive myself If you keep crying.” He pleaded. “GOOD!” you yelled “it’s all your fault” you added a bit softer and with a sniffle. Kyuhyun just laughed “So you’re feeling better then? If you can yell at me you’re feeling better. I really am sorry. And for what it’s worth I’ve never been truly sorry before.”

                After a while of silence you lifted your head and wiped your face. Kyuhyun’s face was saddened even just the side of it that you could see looked regretful. “I didn’t mean it, I’ll …be your friend” You said but mumbled some other things under your breath yet you tried to stick your original statement of mutual friendship, for now anyway. “But I definitely won’t be nice or anything, you’re still a jerk, creep, stranger that doesn’t live up to his fame.” Kyuhyun just laughed “Fair enough, I’ll always be here for you then, I couldn’t ask for a better first friend” He held out his hand for you to shake and when you grabbed it he turned his head to whispered something at the top of your ear. “Besides I never said I’d be nice. Don’t worry you might not need me but you’ll want me eventually” “Oh please” You pulled you hand back from his. “I doubt it.” “Ahaha I love you, you are so.much.fun” He said poking your cheek.

                The bus came to a stop somewhere near the city at the edge of town. “Well this is our stop” Kyuhyun took your hand and swiftly pulled your hand and dragged you off the bus. “Thank you have a nice day(oringinally said dance)” He said nodding his head to the bus driver, your voice could be heard mumbling something similar to the driver but you were being dragging everywhere all anime style and so what you said can’t be confirmed. Sorry. XD.

                Your feet met the concrete and Kyuhyun took a deep breath of fresh air and stretched. “Okay now all we have to do is walk about 20 blocks that way.” “What e.e? I hate you” He just giggled and pulled your hand along “Yeah yeah come on.” After about 10 blocks you were irritated and after 13 you were so done and Kyu dragged you 4 more blocks then gave you an involuntary piggy back ride the rest of the way. You spent most of the trip having to talk to him and...get to know each other /shivers.

                “Okay…yah yoja wake up we’re here.” He set you down on a bench in front of the tall building you arrived at and since you were pretty out of it you were pretty gentle and took his hand and hugged his arm close to your chest. “You okay?” He asked shocked. You just nodded and brushed your cheek against his sleeve and blinked slowly. Kyuhyun just inhaled sharply and shook his head. He messed up your hair when he rubbed your head. “Alright well let’s get inside.” Everything seemed normal and fine as you entered the building …and then you got in the elevator… “What floor are we going to?” You asked curiously. “The top floor. 62” then panic set in. “OMG GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!” You screamed. “Calm down” “PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE I CAN’T GO UP THAT HIGH IN THIS ELEVATOR” Kyuhyun thought you were overreacting and thought it’d be funny to say “if you move like that we’ll fall straight down you idiot.” He shoved you. “OMG DON’T SAAAAY THAT!” you were only on the 7th floor and things weren’t going too well when you started to strangle him. That elevated quickly.

                But he just smirked at you and your small hands, leaned forward and kissed your lips. He pulled back for a second to look in your eyes and cup your face. “Calm down, nothing will happen to us I promise. Just kiss me.” His tone was  \soft and his eyes were half-lidded and full of lust.