Introductions

Invisible Roots

Suyin her eyes open in horror as she looks at her dog who is crying out and rolling on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" Suyin shouts at the boy in panic and runs towards her dog, trying to make the fire stop before it reaches his skin. The flames hit her arms but she doesn't notice the pain because she is desperate.

"Shouldn't we do something?" D.O says from behind a tree as he watches how the situation is getting out of hand with a worried expression. Suho gives the others a signal and they all jump out of their hiding spots, all feeling a little tense about going closer to the girl. They run towards the couple and in one swift move, Suho has both Ace and Suyin completely drenched. Baekhyun gives Chanyeol a smack against his head and gives him a lecture on why he's such an idiot.

"Are you dumb?! What did they tell us about using our powers moron!"

Suyin watches as Ace gets up and shakes the water off, looking as if nothing happened and walks of again. They all stand in front of her and Suyin starts to think that this is all a weird and ridiculous dream, so she pinches herself. She gets scared when her skin aches and she feels cold from her wet clothes. So this isn't a dream.

Suho frowns at the lost girl in sympathy and carefully takes a few steps closer, leaning over so he can look at her face.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asks, not really knowing what to say. "I'm sorry for what we did to your domesticated animal." He tries.

Suyin is confused. How and why did he set Ace on fire? Did he just create water out of his hands? Maybe they are magicians, Suyin thinks. She knows that doesn't make any sense though.

She sees a stretched out hand in front of her and the guy who was talking to her has a gentle smile on his face.

"Did we scare you?"

She doesn't know why, but she calms down after seeing his genuine expression and slowly reaches for his hand. He pulls her up effortlessly and Suyin her clothes feel cold and sticky. "I'm also sorry for throwing water at you." He says again.

Suyin wants to ask questions but at the same time she wants to run away from these weird people. She looks at them one by one.

Silver pants, weird shoes, shining accessories, jackets with weird patterns. What the hell were they even doing in a forest.

"Oh great job Chanyeol, you scared the first Earthling we've ever encountered. Just great." Another boy says while rolling his eyes and  Suyin begins to laugh.

They all look at her with questioning looks as she continues to laugh at them. "You guys totally got me." She says. "You are all actors, this is a prank right?" It is the only explanation she can think of.

"What is this human talking about?" She hears a boy say. "You don't call them human or earthlings guys. They prefer to be called people or persons." The gentle guy says again.

"What are we going to do with her now? Since Chanyeol is such a smartass she saw our abilities."

To Suyin it is as if they are talking in another language even though they're not, because it doesn't make any sense. When they are all conversing with each other, Suyin decides that it's the perfect opportunity to sneak away from these weirdo's and she quietly turns around and walks away.

"I'm sorry but we can't let you go yet, we kinda need your help." Suyin looks in horror as there's another boy in front of her. Did he just appear there out of no where? They all walk towards her and it looks like they ended their conversation they had earlier.

"I think we need to introduce ourselves first. My name is Suho." He says while smiling.

They then all continue to say their names. Baekhyun, Kai, D.O, Sehun and lastly, the guy who set Ace on fire, Chanyeol.

"I think we also need to explain ourselves." Suho says and Suyin realizes that she has no other choice but to listen to them.

"We're not from this planet." He then tells her.

"Are you guys role players?" She asks them, trying to understand.

"We came from EXO Planet to find a new energy source and to get a better understanding of your planet." Suho says, calmly explaining.

"We are like your kind but different." And as soon as his words leave his mouth there's a flash of water in the air.

She gasps at what she's seeing. "So... like aliens? Extraterrestrial life?"

Suho nods and smiles. "We're harmless though so we won't do anything."

It makes more sense, but still freaks her out.  A lot 

"But we need you to keep it a secret." The guy who appeared in front of her says. Kai she remembers.

"I'm sorry I set your animal on fire." Chanyeol suddenly blurts out and only now does she notice that hell, his face doesn't fit his voice at all. "I was just shocked and wasn't thinking"

Suyin searches for Ace but sees him run around and explore the area by himself and is glad that he's okay. The sight of her dog being on fire left a sickening feeling and she felt scared.

"It's okay, he didn't get hurt just... try to control your powers." She says and relaxes a tiny bit, still not sure how she should react to this.

"So you believe us?" The boy who was smacking Chanyeol earlier says.

Suyin gives them an awkward smile. "I don't really know but... I guess?"

Baekhyun grins. "I like this human girl!"

Suyin can't help but smile at this comment and still wonders how she got herself in this mess.

"Well, I think I should go now." She says and calls Ace who follows her. She stops walking when all the boys follow her too.

"Umm... Are you guys going to follow me or...?"

"Ah we kinda don't have a place to go... is it okay if we accompany you? Just for a short while." Suho says, almost looking at her with begging eyes.

"I'm going home now though." Suyin explains, not sure if she trust them enough to let them in her house.

"Oh cool were do you live?" Chanyeol says and swings his arm around her shoulders and Suyin thinks that he totally forgot that he screamed at her and set her dog on fire moments ago.

"I live nearby." She says while calmly removing his arm from her neck and clipping Ace his leash to his collar again as soon as they leave the forest.

"Why are you putting a rope on your animal his neck?" D.O asks confused.

Suyin thinks about the most reasonable answer she can give to him. "So I won't lose him and so I can keep him close in traffic." She says and he nods in understanding.

"Oh like cars and airplanes right?" Chanyeol says and Suyin chuckles. "There are no airplanes in this city. But yeah, cars and bicycles." She says and they all walk towards Suyin her house.

"Woah Earth looks a lot like EXO Planet" D.O says. "Is that where you guys are from?" Suyin asks.

Suho nods. "Be careful talking about it though. D.O you shouldn't speak about it so freely." He nods and Suyin feels being stared at.

"People!" Sehun shouts, going against everything Suho just said. "More girls!" Chanyeol says and Kai shushes him.

People shot them weird looks but the boys were way too obsessed with the streets and buildings to notice.

Suyin walks a bit faster and feels relieved when she sees her small but comfortable home.

"Is this your habitation?" Sehun asks and she nods while searching for her keys, slightly laughing at his choice of words.

She slides her key in the lock and swiftly turns it. She is a bit freaked out by the impressed looks they are giving her when she opens the door but shrugs it off and walks in. Ace immediately runs inside, of to somewhere to do his own thing and the boys follow Suyin inside.

They study their surroundings, touching things and picking up random object and there’s an awkward silence only Suyin seems to be aware of.

"So... This is my house.. Make yourself at home?" she says while scratching the back of her head.

She feels that someone has been staring at her for a while and feels self-conscious.

"So where do I sleep?" Chanyeol suddenly beams and Suyin is startled.  "S-sleep..?"

"Yeah silly, we obviously need to charge our energy too. Our bodies are not that different"  He speaks with a tone of nonchalance.

Suyin looks at Suho with confused look. "But you never mentioned spending the night." Suho gives her a pleading smile.

"We could really use a place to stay though.."

"but there are six of you and I only have on guest room and-"

"Sehun" D.O says coldly and Suyin watches as Sehun walks towards her, his expression emotionless. Suyin is scared they might hurt her now and starts to panic slightly. He stops in front of her and takes a deep breath. She feels herself shrink down and frowns when he lifts his hands.

He was going to hit her. She never should’ve brought them home.

He then brings his fists to his face and Suyin thinks that maybe he was going to use his super powers to murder her.

"Noona please let us stay. Buing buing~" He says cutely while smiling shyly. He even did the ing eye-smile and all.

Suyin is slightly in shock and finds herself nodding in agreement before she can even comprehend the situation she is in.

"Yaay noona! I can call you noona right? Wait how old are you.. And you didn't even tell us your name." His speech (which has a slight and very cute lisp she notices) drifts of into nonsense and she looks at the others who had already made themselves comfortable in the living room. Kai was now staring at her picture frames and Chanyeol had his long legs stretched out on the couch.

"Yeah you didn't even tell us your name." Baekhyun suddenly says from behind her and touches her hair. Suyin swears she will die of a heart attack sooner or later.

She sighes and relaxes again. "My name is Suyin" She says. "And I’m 19."

“Eons?! Wow you look young.” D.O says.

“Huh? No what? I meant 19 years… humans don‘t get that old…”

"Ah then you're our age!" Baekhyun gives her a friendly smile and she feels a bit more at ease with them. Although she's still a bit skeptical..

"Do you have something to eat?" D.O asks her cutely and Suyin walks to the kitchen with him trailing behind.

"I actually need to do groceries" she says as soon as she opens the fridge and sees that it's almost empty.

"Oh you humans.. Err people have stores too right? With supplies that you exchange for… money was it?" Suho says and Suyin simply nods again.

 


 
That's it for today ^_^ Thank you for subscribing guys, it makes me really happy :D