Start

Invisible Roots
“You just can't get over the fact that I won today.” Luhan says to the whining maknae. 
“You cheated!” Tao yells and Luhan just ignores him as he continues to make his rubix cube float in the air.  
The room is full of people and it‘s noisy. 
“Kai is watching the mating ritual of earthlings!” Sehun shouts from across the room, making everyone turn their heads towards the tan boy sitting in front of a hologram. 
“Am not!” Kai yells in embarrassment and Sehun leans back in his chair laughing.
“I was just looking at pictures of females from earth.” Kai mumbles as he puts his crystal away.
 
“Assemble!” They hear a deep voice and they immediately pay attention to the two men standing in the doorway.
“We have important and exciting news for you all.” Suho says as he proudly looks at his comrades. 
“We have been called by the counsel and we have spoken to the prophetess.” The other leader speaks and all 10 boys gasp in awe. 
They have never seen the prophetess in person so it must’ve been really important.
 
“She has send us on a mission.” As soon as  Kris finished talking, the group burst out in screams of  excitement.
“Do we get to fight?!” Chanyeol yells like a kid at the two leaders and honestly, sometimes they wonder if he really is 20 years old.
“Yeah, are we going to fight off aliens?! Are we going to be spies?”
“Our first real mission!”
What started as a serious meeting has turned into a zoo. 
Kris his voice roars a loud ‘shut up’ and everyone is silent again. 
 
“We all know the Tree of Life is almost due and we need a new energy source.” Suho says while explaining calmly.
“Well, they have found one. On earth” Kris smirks and the excitement is shown on the members faces. 
Everyone is dying of curiosity now. “They don‘t know what or where it is exactly but we ought to find it.” D.O his eyes almost pop put of his head as he stares at them unbelievable. “Are we going to Earth?!” He almost shouts.
Suho nods and Kris speaks up before they al lose their attention again. “But that‘s not the only reason we‘re going there.” He says and Suho nods in agreement. “If we do fail to find the energy source, then we have to evacuate all the Exopians from EXO planet.
Earth is the only compatible planet so we need more information about Earth.”
 
“I heard they have a lot of females on earth.” Baekhyun says excited and Kai’s eyes widen.
“How are we going there?” Lay asks the leaders and Suho answers smiling.
“Tomorrow there will be an eclipse on earth. The energy source will then be the strongest but we'll still have to go in groups. EXO-K will go first. They will go to South-Korea because the signals are the strongest there.
Tomorrow we'll go to earth with a Teleportation crystal. EXO-M will follow a week later.” 
“And one more thing.” Kris says before turning around.
“No using your powers on Planet Earth, understood?” And Chanyeol cries out like a dying whale before falling on the ground.
 
-
 
12 years ago
 
Today it happened again. They laughed at her, abandoned her, left her alone.
 
She doesn’t understand she tries so hard.
She cries because her tears are the only comfort she knows, she feels pathetic.
A six-year old girl is supposed to play with friends and toys. 
Suyin only has toys. 
Sometimes she pretends that they are her friends and she has one stuffed animal that she considers her best friend. At least he doesn’t laugh at her and calls her weird.
 
-
 
“Come again.” She smiles at the customer and checks the time for what seemed like the hundredth time today.
The stores are open until 8 PM and she couldn’t wait to get home.
Suyin loves her summer job but she seems less focused and more sleepy than usual.
She thinks that she might have caught the flu but she doesn’t have a fever so it doesn’t worry her too much. 
 
“Hey can I ask you for a favor?” Miyoung says looking at Suyin with a pleading look, she nods. 
“My little brother‘s birthday is today and I promised him that I would be there at 7. Can you please close up without me? Please?” 
The small toy store was pretty much empty and Suyin thinks she can manage on her own so she nods again.
She is then crushed by the older female much to her displeasure. “Thank you so much, I owe you.”
“It‘s okay.” She replies and watches as Miyoung starts to pack her stuff.
 
Suyin is left alone in the store for the next hour and tries to fight off the sleepiness that seems to get stronger with every minute. At 8 PM she sighs in relief and starts to close the shop. She puts the stands inside, locks all the doors, makes sure the security device is on and turns the lights off. It’s dark when she gets outside and Suyin wishes she would’ve brought her cell phone with her.
Fortunately her house is close by the store but she’s still a little scared. As she walks home she passes by a young couple of her age. The guy has his arm wrapped around her waist en holds her closely.
They look happy and Suyin wishes someone would hold her like that one day too.
 
-
 
Today was an important day for EXO Planet and EXO-K. They were going on their first mission, they have trained for this.
Honestly, none of them had slept well because they were nervous and excited.
All members of EXO gathered by the tree of life to support each other and they were doing the last checkups.
“Remember to report unusual things and take notes of your observations.” Kris says to Suho and he takes a deep breath and nods. “We‘ll keep in contact through the purple crystal.” Suho says and they give each other a brotherly hug.
They call everyone together and they put their hands together. “Ready?!” Suho shouts and they all nod.
“3-2-1”
 
“EXO! SARANGHAJA!”
 
Everyone exchanges supporting glances as EXO-K holds on to their Silver Teleportation crystal and EXO-M steps aside. “Fighting!”
There is a big flash and in less than a second, they’re gone.