What started out as a quiet walk

Invisible Roots

 

Today Suyin has the day off and she still feels tired even tough she slept in. She gets out of bed and is immediately greeted by her Canadian Eskimo Dog who is sweeping his tail and then proceeds to follow her around the house. 

“Ace are you hungry?” Suyin asks the dog in an excited tone and he tilts his head. 

She gives Ace his food and thinks of what to eat for breakfast herself. Suyin used to eat a lot but her appetite seems gone today. Even an apple is hard to finish and her orange juice is drained through the sink halfway. She sighs as she leans her back on the counter, watching her dog who has finished eating and is now staring at her. “What.” She says, not really expecting a response. She sighs and decides to take a shower. Her body feels heavy, almost sore even though she didn’t exercise.

The shower made her feel a little better and she put on a simple t-shirt with jeans. “Acey you wanna go out and play?!” She yells from the hallway as she puts on her shoes. The dog runs towards her and she puts his leash on.

The neighborhood she lives in is calm and there is a forest nearby. Ace is an energetic dog and has a lot of energy so Suyin has to keep him busy. She lets him loose as soon as they reach the forest and Suyin smiles as she watches him run around like an idiot. He comes to her with a stick and she throws it a couple of times while walking further into the woods. Suyin likes taking walks because it calms her down and she enjoys nature. This forest was big and almost no one ever came here except maybe on Sundays. Suddenly the sky gets a bit darker and she stops walking. Looking up she squints her eyes and sees that the sky is really dark. She looks in awe and she thinks there might be an eclipse going on and she continues to look at the scene for a while. She rubs her eyes because she accidentally looked straight into the sun and soon everything is back to normal again. She starts walking again and she feels more energized now she is outside. “Ace!” She shouts.

There is a quiet silence and Suyin looks around, looking for the small dog to return but there is nothing. “Ace!! Come here!” Suyin starts to panic when Ace doesn’t comeback.

-

“Woah we really landed on Earth!” D.O says in awe as soon as he is able to move freely again. He looks around and takes a deep breath but frowns when he sees the leader. “Hyung, are you alright?”  He asks and Suho is leaning against a tree with a pained expression on his face, looking sick. 

“OH MY GOD IS THAT AN ANIMAL?!” Baekhyun shouts excited while crouching down.

“Hyung that’s a mushroom.” Sehun says calmly.

“Oh... Look Sehun! It‘s a mushroom!” Baekhyun then yells as he continues to study it further. 

“We also have mushrooms at home hyung…”

They all turn their heads when they hear someone vomiting and they see Suho bending over.

“Looks like someone isn‘t used to teleporting.” Kai says while walking over to him and patting his back.

D.O looks around and counts the members. “Umm guys, we‘re missing someone.” 

“Yeah where‘s Chanyeol…” Baekhyun says and after a while he smacks his palm against his forehead, realizing something.

“The idiot did not let go halfway through did he…”

“It‘s okay, we can track him with our crystals.” Suho says and he looks better now.

The leader grabs a blue crystal from his pocket and a hologram opens. There is a map of the area and they can see their locations. Not far from them is another dot, signaling that it´s Chanyeol. “Okay guys let‘s go get him.” Suho says and they start walking.

Planet Earth was not very different from EXO Planet it seemed. There were a lot of similarities but they also had differences. EXO Planet used crystals charged with energy from the Tree of Life while Earth used devices such as televisions that ran on electricity. EXO had studied Earth and Earthlings for a while now but there were still a lot of things that they didn’t understand. The populations were also different. The number of males and females in particu—

“OH MY GOODNESS IT‘S A HHMMPPPPFFF” Kai smacks his palm over Baekhyun’s  mouth as they al look at a figure that is walking trough the forest. “Shhh” He says and Baekhyun quietly mumbles a ‘sorry’ 

“A female human, lets follow and observe her to see if she‘s not dangerous.” Suho says and they nod in response.

Suyin is desperate now. Ace has been missing for 10 minutes and she is worried he might get lost. She yells and shouts his name over and over again and she starts to feel miserable.

“Ace!” She yells and stops when she hears a faint barking. After being quiet for a while she hears it again and she runs towards the sound. A weight lifts of her shoulders as soon as she sees the dog sitting in the middle of a open field. “Ace!” She shouts but she notices he is staring at an object lying on the floor. It’s not long before Suyin realizes that it’s not an object but a person lying there.

She is startled at first and is scared to go closer. What if he’s dead?

She cautiously takes a few steps closer until she has reached the body. It’s a boy and he looks around her age. She is relieved to see him breathing and sits down on her knees next to him. Now what?

She gently pushes her fingers against his neck to feel his pulse and his heart beat is normal. Ace is running around and playing again and Suyin sighs. Why would someone pass out here? Not to mention his clothes are very strange too.

She carefully moves his hair away and rests her palm on his forehead, feeling his temperature. No wonder he’s unconscious, she thinks, he’s literally almost burning up.

His eyes twitch and she quickly removes her hand. His facial expression changes and he looks uncomfortable. After a while he takes a deep breath and his eyes open in a flash.

Suyin just stares at him and the boy blankly stares back at her before opening his eyes wider than she has ever seen anybody do. 

“Are you ok—”

She is cut off when the guy starts screaming at her.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH”  

Suyin falls backwards, also screaming.

“WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!!” Suyin shouts as she looks at him, afraid he might do something. The boy looks terrified

“YOU‘RE A GIRL!” He shouts while pointing at her.

“Okay I‘m sorry, please don‘t hurt me!” She says while cowering away, covering her head.

There’s a silence next and Suyin still sits there as she waits. She slowly lifts her head up and sees the boy standing in front of her, no longer yelling but just staring at her with big eyes. She looks at him with a questioning look and doesn’t know what to do.

Chanyeol, on the other hand is also speechless. This is the first time in his life that he has seen a female of his age and she was… so close

It takes a lot of courage for Suyin to get up and speak.

“I… was just checking if you were okay… you passed out.” She says quietly and the boy just stares at her with those big eyes, it scares her even more.

“Okay you‘re fine I‘mgoingbye.” Suyin turns around as fast as she can and wants to walk away, only to realize that Ace is still standing by the boy. 

“Ace come.” Suyin tries but Ace just sits next to him and doesn’t move. The boy then proceeds to stare at the dog.

And then Ace his fur catches on fire...