Chapter 3

Lost In Love

 

 

CHAPTER 3

Kim Family

“I heard you’ll be joining a dance club for a dance competition?” Papa Taeng asked in a serious tone which sends chills down Taeyeon’s spine.

Taeyeon gulps nervously knowing how much her dad protest about her hobby of dancing.

Seeing how his daughter was nervous just by one question, he begins to wonder if he is too strict on her all this time. “When was the last time she smiled while talking to me?” and then some flashback came to his mind. It was when Taeyeon was 8 years old. They were having family vacation in Incheon. That time coincidentally, Incheon having B-Girl competition. Lots of international B-Girl groups came to battle out and Taeyeon was very excited watching from far.

“Appa, can we watch it? Pweesh?” 8 years old Taeyeon asked cutely.

Papa Taeng nodded. He lifts Taeyeon up to sit on her shoulder so that she can have a better view. Taeyeon watched the competition and refuse to leave so they family was watching the game till the end.

Ever since that day. Taeyeon would surf the net and find videos on B-Boys. She’ll imitate the moves from the video. Her father thinks of it as a childhood hobby. But Taeyeon’s passion grew more and more as time passes.

 

3 Years Later…(When TAeyeon is 11 years old)

“Taeyeon, I thought I made myself clear two years ago for you to quit dancing and learn business with me. When I was your age, I already learnt business from your grandpa!”

“But dad, dancing is my passion. I got no interest in business at all. I WANT TO DANCE!”

“KIM TAEYEON! YOU DARE DISOBEY ME?! IS THIS WHAT B-BOY OR SOMETHING TAUGHT YOU TO BE?!” Papa Taeng raises his voice at Taeyeon angrily. A tears streams down on Taeyeon’s cheek.

“I HATE YOU!” Taeyeon shouted and ran to her room. She slams the door. And stayed in there for few days until his dad make a new agreement.

“Alright. You can dance B-Boy as a hobby. In return, you must learn business from me. And join business club in your school.”

Just to dance, Taeyeon agrees. Both of them kept their promise so far though TAeyeon really has no interest at business.

+++

----Back to present----

“I don’t know if you’ll win. But just do your best.” Papa Taeng said and left. Taeyeon was shock by her father’s words. She thought he is going to say some spiteful stuff.

“Omma, app.. he…”

“Don’t worry Taeyeon, your appa was just like you back in his teens days.” Mama Taeng said while smiling to Taeyeon.

Just like me? What is that supposed to mean?” Taeyeon wonders.

+++++++++++++++

One early  morning….

Hyoyeon went to an abandoned dance studio that she always practice at, to only find it is all trashed. Then she sees a guy sitting on a CEO kind of chair in the middle of the room. It’s dark but she knows who it is. She switches on the light.

“Dad” she mumbles.

“Hello my daughter.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to bring you back with me to Switzerland.”

“And why would you bring an abandoned kid to Switzerland with you?”

“A wedding.”

Hyoyeon smirks at her father’s answer. “Stop kidding me old man. You’ve abandoned me here and fly all the way to Switzerland with a rich stepmother and now you want me to marry someone I don’t even know for the sake of your company? DREAM ON! Now get out! I no longer acknowledge you ask my father anymore since the day YOU abandoned me. If you want someone to marry the unknown person, ask Hyosung.” Hyoyeon angrily pushed her father and other bodyguards out from the studio and slams the door shut.

“Sajangnim, what now?” One of the guard ask.

“Now we’ll just have to ask Hyosung marry that guy. You’ve seen how much Hyoyeon hates me.” Hyoyeon’s father said and left.

 

In a corner of the studio, a blonde wavy hair girl hugging her knees. Some sobbings could be heard.

“Of all times, why come back now. I really thought HE comes back because he miss me but… I hate him. “ Hyoyeon mumbles to herself in anger for almost hoping her father who abandoned her for her step mother and money would come back to her.

==

 

School

“Geez. Where’s Hyoyeon? We can’t start without her.”  Seohyun asked.

“Not just her.. Taeyeon and Ji Yul is not here yet either.” Yuri answered.

All of the Dance crew members are already in the special studio the principal got it for them.

Just then Ji Yul enters with Taeyeon.

“Hey guys.” Ji Yul greets. The rest turns their heads to Ji Yul who is walking in from the door.

“Ok. That only left Hyoyeon.” Sunny said.

“Whut? Hyoyeon is not here yet?” Taeyeon asked, surprised of what she hears.

“And here I thought Taeyeon and I are late for 15 minutes. Hyoyeon is much later than us.” Ji Yul said as she checks her watch. 

“Lets’s wait for another 15 minutes before we start. Today’s agenda is to choose a team leader.” Ji Yul explained.

15 minutes passed…..

“Jah, let’s not wait…Oh My.” Taeyeon said and get a shocked when the door slams open revealing an exhausted Hyoyeon.

“Hy-Hyoyeon?!” They all said at the same time when Hyoyeon suddenly collapse. Ji Yul was the first to reach before Hyoyeon made impact with the floor.

"Man, she ran marathon or something? WHy she sweat so much?" Ji Yul asked randomly.

"Damn, she's hea.. vy"  Taeyeon struggles to carry Hyoyeon. Seeing her like that, the others helps out. They sent Hyoyeon to the nurse’s office.