CHAPTER 3; THIRD LIE

What Lies Behind Those Lies...

 

'There were times that I won’t be able to light your way to the very end. But always know that I’ll always watching you from afar..'

 

*****

 

‘unnoticed.’ His mind keep on repeating those word again and again.

 

His body was super exhausted but he refused to sleep just yet. His mind was too preoccupied with so many thoughts dangled here and there. He was staring in the dark. Yeah, in the dark. There’s nothing he can see other than just absolute eerie darkness even though some faint moonlight that secretly crept through the window greets him a good night kiss. Either it is from the loneliness inside of him, or from the never ending thoughts in his head. Slowly, his hand reached the blanket and pulled it up a bit, covering his chest. He sighed again.

 

“What does she mean by unnoticed?” He asked himself.

 

Flashback…

 

“Oppa.. guess what.” Yoojin said.

“Uhhmm… you love me?” Kwangmin answered playfully.

“Aniyo! It’s about other thing!” She pouted.

“Okay.. okay~ I’m just kidding. Aigoo, my baby is so cute when she’s sulking.” He that irritates her to no end.

“Oppa! Tease me once again and your is really gonna get it!” She threat him.

“Okay.. okay.. fine. Aigoo, you’re so grumpy. Fine, what is it?” Kwangmin chuckled.

“Do you want to know why the star can still shines even though the dark sky tried to block his light?” She asked.

“Why?” Kwangmin placed an arm around her shoulder then turned to his side to face her.

“My mother said, one day, when we die, our soul will shines high in the sky so that the people they love will know that they’re now in peace.” She smiled softly.

“Huh?” Kwangmin raised his eyebrow, confused.

“It means, the star represents our soul. The love we have for the people we love is stronger than anything else. We’re like the star.. Even though the sky is so dark and tried to block its little light, the star will still shines for the people they love and nothing can stop them.” She explained.
 

End of Flashback…

 

For a moment back there, Kwangmin almost forget how to breathe and a tear almost escape from his eyes. But he tried to surpressed the tears from falling down. Slowly, he got up from his bed and walked to the window. Every steps he took were all  so lifeless. He sits on the windowsill and stared at the sky. He was hoping to see some shining star, but there was none…

His felt like his heart had been stabbed by a thousand of knife. The sky is so empty, just like his life. He took a deep breathe and sighed again for the umpteenth of times that night. He reached out his hand and touched the cold glass of the window. Some rain droplets can be seen on it. It might be the leftovers from the rain this evening.

 

‘She leave with Minwoo and totally leave no regret that she doesn’t even want to shine for me.’ He hugs his knees before burying his face between it.

 

It was indeed very cold, especially with the outfit he’s wearing which is only a plain white shirt and pajama pants. But he decided to ignore it.

 

“Yah..” A voice startled him. He sure had met so many strangers today.

“Huh?! Who are you?!” He gasped and stood up at once.

“Do you know why you’re such a fool?” The voice said.

“What do you mean?” He frowned.

“What a human… Geez! If it was me, I would’ve find the answer.” The voice mocked him.

“What?” Kwangmin was totally confused.

“You asked so many questions, yet you never tried to find the answer. Isn’t that stupid?” The voice that sounds normal just now suddenly turns a bit hoarse and scary.

“Answer?” Kwangmin lowered his head.

‘What answer?’

‘Answer for what question?’

‘What does that supposed to mean?’

 

“Kwangmin.”

 

‘Answer…?’

 

“Jo Kwangmin!”

 

‘Answer…?’

 

“YAH JO KWANGMIN!!! WAKE YOUR UP!!!!” Someone slapped his head.

“What the hell!?!!!!!” He jerked up in surprise and quickly opens his eyes.

“Why are you sleeping at the windowsill?” Youngmin asked. His hand is on his hips and his eyes narrowed to Kwangmin, totally looks like an angry housewife.

“I don’t know.” He said in whispering tone, but loud enough for both of them to hear it.

“And why the hell are you talking in your sleep?” Youngmin rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“Sorry.” Kwangmin let out an awkward chuckle while rubbing the back of his neck.

“Yeah. Whatever. Go to sleep now.” With that, Youngmin retreat back and headed to his own room.

 

‘I wonder what was hyung doing in my room? Did I talk it out too loud?’ Kwangmin blinked.

 

He took a glance on the clock that was hanging on the nightstand. ‘3 am’ he sighed. No wonder Youngmin looks like an angry tiger who’s going to swallow him in one gulp. Kwangmin let out a low chuckle, remembering that he just have ruined his brother’s beauty sleep. He then headed to his bed and sit on it. After staring at nothing for only god knows how long, Kwangmin lowered his head and shakes it a few times. Switching off the night lamp, he lies down on the mattress and close his eyes. He once again losing his mind in a deep thought.

 

‘So it was just a dream… Whose voice was that? What was he trying to tell me? He sounded a bit scary’ Kwangmin thought.

 

“Answer?” He whisper to himself while clutching his fist.

 

And with that, he dozed himself to dreamland……

 

*******

 

“It means, the star represents our soul. The love we have for the people we love is stronger than anything else. We’re like the star… Even though the sky is so dark and tried to block its little light, the star will still shines for the people they love and nothing can stop them.” I explained to the clueless Kwangmin.

“What are you trying to say actually?” He blinks cutely.

“I mean, I do want to grow old together with you. I want to be with you forever and die without leaving any regret so that I can shines brightly for you.” I smiled.

“Jinja? You must’ve love me so much then.” Kwangin chuckled.

“Of course, oppa… I love you more than anything in this world.” I replied.

“Then will you do me a favor?” Kwangmin reached her hand and hold it.

“What is it?” I faced him.

“Promise me than whenever you’re somewhere far from me, you’ll always shines brightly. So that I’ll know that you’re missing me. Will you?” Kwangmin said.

“I promise.” I nods before planting a quick peck on his left cheek.

 

It’s too suffocating inside… I know the rain might not be able to wash away the painful lie I’ve told you for the third time…

 


 

Just a short [I guess?] update since I’m in rush. Jeez, my cousin is such a pain in the XD!

I’m quite not satisfied with this chapter, actually. Blame my brain -___-;;

But anyhow, I still hope that you’ll like it.

Every subs+comment means a whole world for me. Will you support me to improve? ^__^v

Enough of my rants, wait for my next update ;) Ppyong!