Rescue

Lost in Space

CHAPTER 2

 

Dara’s POV

The burning sensation on my skin was overwhelming. As my eyes flicker, the air was filled with yellow dust with yellow clouds billowing above through a small slit under what’s left of the shuttle. I tried to move but my body was trapped beneath the debris of metal beams.

I turned my head to where Jiyong would be sitting but I could not see him. “Ji. Ji..” my voice were only soft whimpers.

For how long have I been unconscious, I do not know.

Are the rest still alive?

Where are we?  We are definitely no longer earth.

From afar, I could hear voices approaching us. I tried to reach out for my gun but in vain. My body was too weak. Is it another alien? Have they found us?

 

~~~

“Oh man, this thing is a wreck!”

“I told you so, now let’s go back guys.”

“Wait Oppa, let’s look around. Maybe we’ll find some interesting things!”

“Hey, this could be dangerous you know.”

“Aw Oppa, you’re here. What could be more dangerous than you?”

“Haha. Very funny Chae.”

 

~~~

Voices. Conversation. Human!

I tried to call out to them. “H-help. Help.” But my voice was too soft. Too weak.

I reached around the ground to find something that would help me catch their attention. Taking hold of the handle of my controller, I started hitting on the metal piece that was on top of me. Please God, let them find me.

“Hey Tae Oppa!”

“Neh?”

“Do you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“That tapping sound! I think it’s coming from over there.”

I could hear footsteps approaching me. I tapped on relentlessly.

“Hey Chaerin, be careful! Maybe Hyung is right. We should go.”

No! don’t leave! Find me dammit!

“Just a moment oppa! I think there’s someone here!”

“H-help! Help!” I tried again. Hitting on the metal with all my strength,

“ Chae, there’s someone crying for help under the rubble! Hyung! Come on over! Palli!”

I could hear the sound of metal beams being lifted and rubble being pushed away.

“Help! Help!” I kept shouting, my voice getting stronger with time.

“We can hear you! Give us a minute. We are almost there.” The voice of the girl, Chaerin, talking back to me. “Keep tapping, we’ll find you. We’re close, don’t worry!”

I kept tapping, and soon the weight of the metal beam on my body was lifted.

A man with the bluest of hair lifted it off me as though it weighed nothing. A girl dressed in yellow with cat eyes reached her hand out to me.

“Oh my god! Are you okay?”

“Chae! That’s a stupid question! Chae, lift her up so I can place this heavy thing down.”

“Oh hyung, you mean it’s heavy?” The guy with small eyes looked at the blue haired man incredulously only to be stared at in return. “Neh, hyung.” He immediately reached out to share the weight of the heavy beam with his hyung.

“Oppa, maybe next time if you express any form of emotion on your face, people might be able to tell what you’re thinking.” Chaerin chuckled while holding on to Dara as she lifts her up. “Hey there, I’ll help you up. Take it slow okay. I won’t hurt you.”

“Th-thank you. Thank you for saving me.” I stammered.

“No worries. My name is Chaerin. Please don’t be scared.”

“Yeah, I’m Taeyang. This is our ma- I mean our friend Top hyung.” The man with the blue hair Top simply gave a slight nod in my direction. Stoic.

“My name is Dara. Where am I?”

Chaerin looked at her oddly. “You’re in Khrona.”

“Khrona…I have never heard of Khrona. Sorry to ask, but are you…are you human?”

Taeyang laughed. “Now why would we want to be humans? Those being on Earth are weak. Just because we look alike doesn’t make us the same. So, I take it that you are from Earth?”

“Yes! I need your- arghh!” Pain struck up against my ribs as I tried to sit up.

“Hey, you’re hurt! Don’t move! You need aid. We’ll have to bring you back.”

“No! Wait!” I started to protest as they Taeyang and Chaerin slowly lifted me up. I cannot leave my friends behind. Where are they? “Wait- I need to oow ow- it hurts!”

“Come on, let’s go.” Top muttered impassively.

Suddenly, there was a click and three shadows loomed against us. Ready to attack if provoked.

“Now, where do you think you are taking her?”