Escape

Lost in Space

The bruised rangers stood unmoving upon hearing their escape plan ordered by the General.

"I’m sorry Sir, but why? Why do you want us to go when the enemy is right by our front door?" Bom questioned, confused by the order.

"We need you alive to save us once the enemy takes over. It is almost inevitable now. But with support from the other worlds we may have a chance to be salvaged." Gummy explained.

"With whatever resources we have left, we will maintain our underground resistance but that alone is not enough. Do understand now soldiers, your duty to Earth does not end here. In fact, the responsibility is much greater than before." General Yang addressed the team.

 “Don't fail us...and keep safe.” He pats on Jiyong’s shoulder before he made his way back to the command post.

The team nodded their heads and made their way to the shuttle. Dara and Bom hugged Gummy and said their goodbyes.

"Bom, take care of yourself and be careful. Protect her Seungri." Gummy hugged them all in their last goodbyes.

"Neh noona, I will look out for Bom noona." Seungri nodded his head as he made his vow. She was the only closest thing to family that he has.

 

~~~

 

“Rangers prepare for takeoff! Everyone else to the escape tunnel now!” General Yang commanded amidst the sound of bombing that seems to be getting louder from the outside.

10, 9, 8…

The aliens have infiltrated the building.

7, 6, 5…

The door to the shuttle grounds exploded. The shuttle itself was being attacked.

4, 3…

The invaders started shooting on the shuttle but Bom raised her shield. They must to take off no matter what.

2, 1.

The shuttle blasted off into the sky just in time before the headquarters exploded in self-destruction.

 

~~~

 

Up in the air and into space, Daesung navigated the shuttle to get to Jupiter, the planet under the rule of their allies. Within minutes, the shuttle was under attack again by the invading air force.

“Hold on guys!” Daesung shouted to the team.

“Bom, can you maintain the shield?” Jiyong shouted while he and Seungri aimed their shuttle guns to shoot at their enemy.

“I’m trying! But there are too many of them and the shield is getting weak!” Bom replied.

“Ji, Bom herself is getting weaker!” Dara noted as she sees her friend becoming mentally tired. Her bruised head from the physical combat only made it worse. “Dae, how long more do we need?”

“Just until we pass Venus, I will be able to speed us up. The Dark Lord has taken over Venus as their base too. If we speed up now, it will only alert them.”

“Dae-hyung, I don’t think we need to worry about that anymore. They’ve found us.” Seungri said as he spotted a big warship heading in their direction.

“.” Jiyong muttered. “Move move move!!!”

A tirade of shots were directed at their shuttle.

“Guys, I can hold on for much longer!” Bom panted.

“The ships power is running low!” Dara exclaimed. “Dae, if you’re going to use the speed booster you better use it now!”

“I’m trying!” System is jammed argh!!”

“Make it quick Dae!” Ji shouted amidst attacking the enemy.

At that precise moment, the walls of the shuttle beside bomb exploded, fire burning her skin and the impact knocking her unconscious.

“Bom!” Dara screamed.

“Noona!! Noona!” Seungri exclaimed as he saw Bom bleeding by her post.

The shuttle begins to shake, lights flicker and the fire kept spreading.

“Speed up you useless machine!” Daesung shouted before another explosion hits the shuttle and finally, with a final spurt, the shuttle escapes into oblivion. The destination unknown as all five rangers were knocked out from the impact.

 

~~~

 

"Ooh~ Hey guys, look at what we have there!"

"A large piece of crap. It's all burnt."

"Let's go check it out!"

"Do we have to?"

"Don't be boring Seunghyunnie."

"Don't be informal to your superior, Taeyang."

"Tsk, whatever Boss. Hahaha."

"Quit yapping and let's go guys!"

"Chae, slow down!"

"Urgh, this girl is annoying."

THUK. "Ow you dare throw a rock at me?!"

"I heard you Taeyang."

Tsk.