24 Hours

Tumbling

                The man fell to the ground with a gunshot to the right shoulder. The force of the hit changed the angle of the gun the man was holding. When the man fired his gun it hit Yuta in the left shoulder, close to the heart. Yuta collapsed to the ground. Before his vision faded completely into darkness he heard someone yell his name.

                “Yuta!”

*Rewind a bit to Wataru and Ryousuke*

                Wataru and Ryousuke were in the back of a police car following the chase. Wataru kept bouncing his leg while biting his thumb nail in nervousness. Ryousuke notice this and put his hand on Wataru’s knee in comfort. Wataru looked at Ryousuke. They had what seemed to be a silent conversation and Wataru smiled in gratitude. The car came to a stop and Wataru and Ryousuke both looked out of Wataru’s window. They both gasped at the scene before them. The officers guns pointed at the man and the man’s gun pointed at Yuta.  Wataru quickly got out of the car with Ryousuke following behind him. Wataru arrived at the line of officers that surrounded the man and Yuta just in time to see both guns go off and Yuta get hit.

                “Yuta!” yelled Wataru.

                Wataru tried to run to Yuta but was held back by two officers. Ryousuke was too shocked to do anything but watch as Wataru was dragged away and locked in the back of a police car.

                “Can you please join your friend in the car.” Asked an officer.

                Ryousuke just nodded. He didn’t even notice the officer approach him. Ryousuke quietly slid into the back seat of the car beside Wataru. Wataru had given up trying to escape realizing that there was no chance. They sat in uncomfortable silence. The silence was soon broken by Wataru’s sobs. This shocked Ryousuke out of his trance. Ryousuke let his own tears fall as he hugs Wataru. The car started to move and follow the ambulance that was carrying Yuta. Wataru and Ryousuke didn’t let go of each other the entire car ride. When they arrived at the hospital they met up with the others in the waiting room.

                “What happened?” asked Mizusawa.

                Wataru sat down in at chair and put his head in his hands. Ryousuke walked up to his lover and hugged him tightly. He didn’t reply for a few seconds then said three words the shocked everyone.

                “Yuta was shot.”

                Gasps sounded from around the room.  Ryousuke noticed that Kiyama held Tsuchiya a little tighter.

                “Where?” asked Tsuchiya just above a whisper.

                “In the left shoulder, close to the heart.” Replied Wataru. Everyone could hear the pain in his voice.

                They all just sat there in silence. Hours past but no one said anything. Finally after what felt like days a doctor exited the operating room.

                “Family and friends of Yuta?” asked the doctor.

                Everyone quickly got out of their seats and surrounded the doctor.

                “I assume you’re friends of Yuta. Where are his parents?” asked the doctor

                “They are out of town at the moment and are unable to return at the moment.” Said Mizusawa.

                They all looked at him.

                “What? I called them after Wataru and Ryousuke left in the police car.” Said Mizusawa.

                “Okay then I’ll just tell you about Yuta’s state. The bullet penetrated fairly deep into his shoulder. It missed his heart by only a few centimetres. If it had hit him further down then he wold have died instantly. While removing the bullet we lost him for a few seconds but were able to get him back. We did the best we could but the next 24 hours are critical. He has a 40% chance of surviving the night. I hate to say this but you might want to prepare for the worse. I’m sorry.” Said the doctor. “If you wish to see him he’s in room 221. I’m sorry again.”

                The doctor turned then walked away. Wataru fell to his knees sobbing. Just when he thought his lover was safe it was all crushed. Everyone hugged Wataru and told him comforting words but nothing worked. There was silence once again till it was broken by Wataru.

                “I’m going to go see him.” Said Wataru as he stood up.

                Everyone got up to join him.

                “Alone.” Wataru said then walked away.

                Everyone sat down slowly as they watched him walk away.