Chapter 2

Breathing Fire

Seunghyun was quickly swept up in the intoxicating chaos that was Love Dust. He never missed a chance to get drunk off the music and high off the atmosphere as he spent his nights in the club.

But if he was honest with himself, it wasn’t the atmosphere nor the music that kept him coming back for more. It was the enchanting warlock that drew him in night after night. He would always be in the center of the crowd, moving with the beat and looking like pure . It drove Seunghyun wild at how much he let the man affect him, but he welcomed the insanity if only for a couple hours a night.

They had started this strange game whenever Seunghyun would walk onto the dance floor. No matter what time or where he was in the club, Jiyong somehow knew exactly where he was. Regardless of flashing lights and smoke, the warlock would always find him across the crowd and would silently beckon Seunghyun to join him.

Of course he liked playing hard to get, so he would dance against the closest innocent person to make Jiyong jealous. And that’s when the game would start. Both of the men would latch onto someone, and dance with them, making the other jealous. Eventually one of the men will let the jealousy overtake them, and then they rush over and claim the other for themselves.

Most nights it’s Seunghyun who gets more jealous because he can’t stand any girl or guy getting close to Jiyong, despite having known him for little over a week. And when he sees another good looking guy grinding on him, he loses all reasoning.

And tonight was no different.

With bodies pressing against him, he danced his way through the crowd towards the warlock. But as he got closer, he noticed that the young man was moving around and not staying in one particular spot. Jiyong was going from person to person and dancing with them if only for a moment and then moving on. Seunghyun was getting frustrated at not being one of those people, so when he finally was close enough, he grabbed him from behind and wrapped his arms around the warlock.

“Took you long enough,” said Jiyong as he leaned his back against the hard chest, knowing exactly who had grabbed him, and swaying to the music.

Seunghyun leaned down towards his ear and said, “I don’t like sharing, so I had to steal you for myself.”

He couldn’t hear the younger man laugh, but he could feel the vibrations against his chest as they continued to dance. Song after song, they moved, danced, and grinded only with each other, getting lost in the little world they created around them.

As the heavy bass pounded, Jiyong leaned his head back to rest against Seunghyun’s shoulder and moved his hips to the beat. Seunghyun slid his hands down the warlock’s torso, and dug his fingers into his waist, bringing him closer.

He could feel Jiyong’s breath as he panted against his neck from the movement. The warlock took his hand and wrapped it around the back of Seunghyun’s thigh trying to move the man as close as possible and grinded his hips into his groan.

Feeling this friction, Seunghyun moaned out loud, it was drowned out by the music, but Jiyong felt it. Looking up he asked, “Having fun tonight?”

Seunghyun looked down and leaned in giving a coy smile, “If you continue doing that, I might just have to have my way with you right here.

Jiyong smiled, “I wouldn’t have any complaints.”

“Nor I, but I think everyone else would be uncomfortable.”

“I’ve never been one to care what people think.”

Without any warning, Jiyong abruptly turned around and pulled Seunghyun into a rough, unabashed kiss. Seunghyun didn’t have time to think, he just let instinct kick in as his lips moved across the smaller mans. The warlock slid his arms down Seunghyun’s back, as the larger man gripped his hips and pulled him against him, letting no space come between them.

Jiyong gasped at the friction they were creating against each other and Seunghyun took the opportunity to slip his tongue in between his parted lips.

With tongues sliding together, groins grinding against each other, and hands moving all over their bodies, the hair on the back of Seunghyun’s neck and arms stood up. He didn’t think anything of it until he felt a small electric shock against his lips, and quickly pulled away.

When he looked down at Jiyong for an answer as to what just happened, all he got was the smaller man smiling at him, cocking an eyebrow.

“What was that just now?”  He asked over the music.

“Hun if you don’t know what making out is-“

“No not that, the uh… the… you just shocked me.”

Jiyong eyes widened for a split second, enough for Seunghyun to know that he was the only one who felt it. Not wanting to make this awkward, he changed the subject and said, “Never mind. It was probably my imagination... I need a drink, come on let’s get something.”

He slid his hand down Jiyong’s arm and laced their fingers together, pulling him toward the bar.

 

 

After getting their drinks, Jiyong suggested they cool down a bit by spending some time away from the dance floor and go upstairs to one of the VIP rooms. Seunghyun nodded in agreement, and let Jiyong lead the way, weaving in and out of the crowd.

They went up a staircase that looked out onto the dance floor and Seunghyun saw just how different Love Dust was compared to any other club. He could see not just groups of men and women together, but groups of demons, witches, pixies and many other different types of creatures, all mingling about. It was truly fascinating.

He looked back up to find that Jiyong was a few feet ahead of him and hurried to catch up. They went up to the third floor, passing a bouncer that looked very much like a troll and slipped behind a curtain. Settling into the couch next to Jiyong, Seunghyun took a sip of his drink and let the alcohol burn down his throat.

He could feel Jiyong gazing at him, and as he brought his drink up for a second sip he asked, “Like what you see?”

Jiyong chuckled and scooted closer. “I thought that’d be obvious by now. It’s been what? 10 days, and every time I end up dancing with only you for the rest of the night.”

Seunghyun smirked and turned to face the warlock, bringing one leg up onto the couch, and resting his elbow along the top.

“What can I say, I’m irresistible.”

“You say that to be funny, but it’s actually true. I can’t put my finger on it, but there’s just something about you… Maybe it's the whole tall, dark and handsome thing you’ve got going on, that originally caught my attention the first night you came. But ever since then… I don’t know… I just want to know everything about you. All your deep dark secrets.”

“Same.” Seunghyun said as he looked into the warlock’s eyes, taking another sip of his drink.

Jiyong smiled at him and sipped his own drink.

“So…” Jiyong started as he looked back at Seunghyun. “I know your name is Seunghyun. You’re human.  You come here every night. You’re a great dancer. An amazing kisser.” He smirked at his own comment. “But who are you really? What do you do for a living?”

“Please, can we talk about anything other than work. I come here just so I can forget about it.”

Jiyong chuckled. “Sorry, but I’m just curious?”

“I know…” Seunghyun looked up to find Jiyong looking at him with puppy dog eyes, wanting him to open up. “Fine, ok. I just work at a office. It’s nothing special. I live such a boring life really.” He lowered his head in embarrassment. “Honestly I don’t even know why you’ve let me be around you all these nights. I’m just an ordinary human.”

Jiyong scooted closer and lifted Seunghyun’s chin so he could look him in the eye’s. He smiled and said, “Hun, actually that’s what drew me in in the first place. I’m constantly surrounded by other warlocks, elves, demons, and trolls. I wanted a change of scenery and then you popped up out of nowhere one night, and I’ve been drawn to you ever since.”

A slight tint rose up into Seunghyun’s cheeks from Jiyong’s words as he smiled back.

“See. Right there. There’s something in you that… I don’t know… you just shine. You have a light in your eyes, and I’m just a moth to your flame… You just pull me in.”

He leaned closer and brushed his lips against Seunghyun’s.  Welcoming the pressure, Seunghyun leaned in kissing the warlock back.

He could feel Jiyong smile against his lips as they both deepened the kiss. Jiyong, feeling persistent, leaned more into the kiss causing  Seunghyun to fall back onto the couch.

With his breath knocked out of him from the sudden change in position, Seunghyun felt Jiyong’s tongue slip past his open lips. If he hadn’t just had a drink, he would’ve sworn that he could get drunk off this man alone.

Jiyong heard the man beneath him moan as his tongue explored his mouth. He moved further up Seunghyun’s body to gain a better access and straddled his waist. Feeling the new friction on his crotch, Seunghyun’s hips jerked upward. Jiyong was slightly startled at his movement, causing them to break apart.

With his own eyes glazed over from lust, he looked down to find Seunghyun’s were the same. Both men smiled at each other and then Jiyong leaned down to capture Seunghyun’s lips again. He moved from his lips down to his chin and left a trail of , kisses and nips as he made his way across his jaw line, coming to a stop in the crook of his neck.

Seunghyun was panting into the warlocks ear and it only fueled Jiyong, making bite and harder on his skin. He could feel his hot breath on his neck, but something was off about it... it kept getting hotter and hotter.

“Ji-Jiyong”

The warlock moaned at the sound of his name, but it didn’t stop his onslaught of Seunghyuns neck. Jiyong moved his hands underneath Seunghyun’s shirt and started rubbing the unexposed skin.

Again he felt it, just like with the breath on his neck, his stomach felt like it was burning. Seunghyun thought that he was getting too caught up in this spur of the moment make out session, but he noticed that the sensations kept building.

“Jiyong wait.” He moved to still the warlock hands underneath his t-shirt.

Looking down at the flushed man below him he ask, “What? Is this to fast?”

“No it’s not that it’s… Ow! OW! I just feel like my skin is on fire.”

Jiyong’s eye’s widened for the seconded time that night, but the difference between then and now was that there was some kind of understanding in his eyes. Jiyong bit his lips and slowly removed his hands from underneath Seunghyun’s shirt, but not without a hiss of pain here and there from the man below.

“Seunghyun, please don’t be too angry, but I think I might have burned you…”

At this confession, the older man jerked up into a sitting position and scrunched his eye brows in confusion. He reached for the hem of his shirt and pulled it up to find a bright red mark going across his stomach in the exact shape of Jiyong’s hand. He then looked up at Jiyong waiting for an explanation.

“I know that you come to this club and whatnot, but how much do you actually know about warlocks?”