Chapter 1

Breathing Fire

The sporadic flashes of lights and the pulsing music enveloped Seunghyun. Bodies moving as one to the rhythmic beat. The smell of smoke, sweat, and permeated the air as he moved throughout the club.

It was more crowded than normal, as people packed their way onto the main floor, but he figured it was because it was a Friday night. He had started coming to Love Dust a few times a week now for the past couple weeks to escape from real life. There was just something about becoming numb with alcohol and mindlessly dancing with strangers that was so appealing to him.

But the reason he came back on this night in particular was because of a certain stranger that caught his eye the previous night. He walked in with hopes of seeing him, the man with the two toned hair.

He first saw him as his eyes swept over the crowd. With the lights flashing and the smoke in his eyes, it made it hard to make any particular person out. The strip of vibrant pink being exposed under a flash of light was what drew his attention to the center of the crowd.

The man was surrounded by other club goers as he danced in his own world to the pounding bass. Seunghyun could see his sweat slicked skin as the light passed over him again. He wore a tight black tank top that exposed his well toned arms, which he kept lifting in the air, swaying to the beat. His bright teal skinny jeans left little to the imagination as they hugged every curve of his thighs and calves.

Seunghyun, mesmerized by him, watched as he danced and moved around. Others would walk up and dance with him and he welcomed the company, whether they male or female, he seemed pleased to dance with anyone.

But even though he saw this, Seunghyun did not approach him. It might’ve been creepy but he just wanted watch the man as he got deeper into the atmosphere of the club.

His eyes were ripped from the dance floor as someone knocked into him, making him stumble backwards into another, and rather large, patron. The drunken man slurred an apology at Seunghyun and started to walk away but the man that he had fallen into was not as understanding as him.

He quickly ducked out from under the larger mans swinging fist as it made contact with the drunk man’s face. He fell towards the bar and grabbed onto the counter to hold him up as his attacker came closer for another hit.

Seunghyun took it upon himself to try and stop the fight as he brought his hand up and caught the man’s arm mid swing.

“The do you think you’re doing?” yelled the angry man, trying to be heard over the music.

“Dude, just calm down. He’s just had too much to drink. It was an accident, so let’s all move on. Go and enjoy the rest of the night.”

“You think you can tell me what to do? You’re not even one of us by the looks of it. Filthy human.”

 He spat in Seunghyun’s face as bright green sparks of electricity enveloped his fist. He pulled back his arm about to bring it down on to Seunghyun when a loud crack went across the room.

Standing at the edge of the crowd was the two toned haired man, which everyone was now paying attention too, with his hands clasped together like he had just finished clapping.

He walked up and moved to stand in between them, looking at the larger man and said, “Now Nickoli, you know we don’t discriminate here. Any witch, warlock, demon, and human are welcomed. If you start another fight in this club, I’m sure the owner would not hesitate to add another body to the list you know he has.”

The man snarled at him not wanting to back down. A shiver ran down Seunghyun’s back as he felt a cool wind starting to swirl around them. He looked at the smaller man in front of him and saw that his two toned locks were beginning to move with the sudden breeze as the wind began picking up. People around them started stepping back not wanting to be caught in the storm that was forming inside the club.

“Nickoli, if you want electricity, you know what I can do…” he threatened.

“Whatever.” Nickoli brought his hand down with the green sparks fizzling out as it went. “I don’t even know why I bother coming here anymore since you started letting the swine in,” he growled as he glared in Seunghyun’s direction. He then pushed past both men, ramming his shoulder into the smaller man on his way out the door.

The club goers looked around for a few more seconds but then went right back to their dancing and drinking as soon as they saw that nothing was going to happen.

The smaller man turned to face Seunghyun and as he saw his eyes he in his breath. They had turned a vibrant shade of purple but were slowly fading back to a deep shade of brown.

“Sorry about that. Hope it didn’t ruin your night too much. Actually you know what hold on,” he said as he leaned up on the bar and shouted to the bar tender. “Hey Mick! Give this guy whatever he wants, put it on my tab!”

“Sure thing!”

The smaller man looked back at Seunghyun and flashed him a brilliant smile. His heart skipped a beat.

“Umm thanks… but you really don’t have to do that.”

“Don’t worry about it, I help run the place. My name’s Jiyong, what’s yours?”

He held out his hand.

“Seunghyun,” he replied as he took his hand and shook it.

But when he said his name another song started playing in the club and the smaller man didn’t catch it. So he moved closer to Seunghyun and raising his voice he asked again, “What?”

“Seunghyun!”

The bass pounded into their eardrums.

“Still can’t hear you?”

“SEUNGHYUN!”

Jiyong rolled his eyes in aggravation at not being able to hear him and stepped in further, leaning his ear as close to him as possible.

“My name is Seunghyun.”

The smaller man leaned back with another smile on his face, nodding, “Heard it that time.”

Seunghyun chuckled.

Heat started to rise up his neck as he saw Jiyong look at him.

 “Hey do you… maybe… want to dance?”

Seunghyun stared back as Jiyong raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

“What, you don’t dance with guys?”

“No, its not that. I’ve never danced with a Warlock.” A coy smile played across his lips.

Jiyong rolled his eye for the second time and grabbed Seunghyun’s wrist pulling him towards the dance floor as he said, “There’s a first time for everything hun.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've had this idea running around my head for the past couple days and finally I couldn't take it any more so I had to start writing.

I hope you liked it...