I can wait forever p.3

I Can Wait Forever

 

‘Cause I just can't take it
 

“So… how did you end up working there?” Hyukjae asked Donghae as they walked on the park, Donghae now in men’s clothes.

“Well I finished high school and decided to take a year to think clearly what I wanted to study and get a work that’ll help me pay off school. Then Heechul offered me the work so I took it, sounded like fun” Donghae answered eating from his ice cream.

“Oh… best friend?” Hyukjae asked curiously.

“Ex-boyfriend actually, best friend now” Donghae said smoothly.

“Oh…” Hyukjae said fighting of the pang of jealousy “isn’t in uncomfortable? Having to wear dresses and stuff?”

“I actually kind of like it you know? To portray someone else… I think that’s what I’m going to study, acting” Donghae said smiling.

“Good luck with that!” Hyukjae said trying to sound encouraging and showing Donghae two thumbs up. That action made his ice cream fell and Hyukjae looked at it melting on the floor with a sad pout while Donghae laugh hard.

“You can share mine” Donghae said holding his ice cream out for Hyukjae to eat some and Hyukjae did, with a shy smile.

After a while they both sat down on a bench and kept on talking. As the sun had set down Hyukjae rested his head on Donghae’s shoulder.

“What are you doing?” Donghae asked amused.

“I’m tired” Hyukjae answered and he closed his eyes even though he had a playful smile on his lips. Donghae shook his head while smiling but let Hyukjae rest on his shoulder. He then felt something poking his stomach.

1…2…3,4,5,6,7 times and he separated from Hyukjae.

“You’re ticklish” Hyukjae said with a smirk.

“Get away from me” Donghae said holding his hands up and taking some steps away from Hyukjae. Hyukjae smirk got wider and he ran towards Donghae.

Donghae ran away from him but it was easy to Hyukjae to catch him and then he poked him and tickled him mercilessly, Donghae laughed out loud and shouted insults to Hyukjae but the later didn’t stop not caring about all the passing people. 

 

Another day without you with me

Is like a blade that cuts right through me

 

And time flew by and Hyukjae and Donghae became more than friends.

“Donghae-ah” Hyukjae called from his position. He was sprawled on Donghae’s bed with his head hanging at the foot of it. Donghae hummed in response since he was getting ready for his shift at the host club. “Don’t go to work” Hyukjae said pouting.

Donghae laughed a little. “Why?”

“2 reasons, 1. I want to be with you, 2. I need inspiration for a new song” Hyukjae answered. “Come with me to the studio!” Hyukjae suddenly said standing up.

“Hyukjae I have work” Donghae answered brushing his wig’s long hair. Hyukjae came to his side and wrapped his arms around Donghae’s waist, resting his chin in his’ shoulder.

“Don’t go, come with me” Hyukjae said glancing at his boyfriend’s eyes in the mirror in front of them. Donghae’s eyes met with Hyukjae’s. “Please?” Hyukjae asked turning on his puppy eyes and smiling his gummy smile. Donghae just laughed.

“Alright I’ll go with you, want me to change?” Donghae asked. And Hyukjae shook his head.

“I want everyone to get jealous” Hyukjae said and Donghae laughed “I have a handsome boyfriend and a beautiful girlfriend, all in one” Hyukjae added.

“Yah!” Donghae said elbowing Hyukjae in the stomach.

Hyukjae clutched his stomach and then smiled apologetically in Donghae’s direction.

~~

When they arrived at the studio Hyukjae lead Donghae to a recording room. In the way he did got screamed at by people telling him he had to be faithful to Donghae only to gasp once they realized the girl was actually Donghae.

“You see? You can’t cheat or all of your friends are going to hit you” Donghae said once they were alone in the recording room. He sat down in a chair and stuck his tongue out at Hyukjae who did the same in return. “Why did you want me here anyway? I can’t really help you…”

“But you’re my inspiration” Hyukjae said simply “You inspired a whole album and you’re about to inspire a new one” Hyukjae added while he got his guitar and some paper sheets. Donghae smiled shyly and he felt a blush appearing in his cheeks.

“What inspires you about me?” Donghae asked staring at the floor.

“That; for example, those little details about you. You blush and act all shyly if I compliment you but then you can hit me and scold me when I tease you. You smile so brightly when you have a bad day but look all sad if you miss your favorite series. You don’t care if I’m a huge hit you still joke with me as if I was anyone else. You always have a gentle smile when you’re serving a customer and your eyes sparkle when you see a fish. You’re adorable yet manly, you’re beautiful yet handsome, you’re so contradicting that is enchanting… and all of you… is so inspiring.” Hyukjae said staring lovingly at Donghae who couldn’t take his stare from the ground.

He was so happy, never had someone complimented him like that. His heart felt bigger, his blood felt warmer and he was sure his smile was the widest he had ever shown.

“You look beautiful today” Hyukjae said straightening up in his chair. “In fact you look so beautiful today” Hyukjae said again “Wait” Hyukjae got up from his seat and walked towards the piano that was in a corner on the room.

“You look” he said hitting some piano keys “You look” another set of keys “You look” finally he hit a set he liked. “You look so beautiful today~~” he sang as he played the piano a little more.

You look so beautiful today~~” and then Hyukjae turned to stare Donghae. “When you’re sitting there it’s hard for me to look away~~” Hyukjae continued as he stared at Donghae and Donghae stared back smiling.

“Your smile… wait no…mmm… so I… should… mmm… so I try to sing you a song, no that ” Hyukjae said hitting the piano and Donghae laughed.

“Hyukjae-ah fighting! You can do it!” Donghae cheered from his seat and Hyukjae smiled. Hyukjae got up from his seat and walked towards Donghae, Donghae looked up at him surprised and then Hyukjae leaned down to capture Donghae’s lips with his in a gentle kiss. Donghae’s hands went to play with Hyukjae’s hair and Hyukjae’s cupped Donghae’s face.

“You truly are beautiful” Hyukjae said when they separated.

“And you’re perfect, no matter what anyone else say” Donghae said caressing Hyukjae’s face.

Hyukjae smiled softly; people tended to say that from all the band he was the least appealing. It did hurt him a little, but hearing Donghae say that he was perfect for him was more than enough. He didn’t care what people thought as long as someone as breathtaking as Donghae would think he was the most handsome.

And the song was forgotten as both of them continued kissing, caressing and loving each other.

 

But I can wait, I can wait forever
 

“Heechul I’m going to steal Donghae ok?” Hyukjae asked the owner of the host club as he hugged Donghae by the waist.

“Yah!” Donghae tried to protest but seeing that Hyukjae was behind him and he had a strong hold on him he couldn’t really do anything against him.

“He finished his shift so it’s fine with me” Heechul answered clearly amused.

“Thank you Heechul! You’re the best!” Hyukjae said smiling as he lifted Donghae in his shoulder.

“Yah! Put me down! Let me change!” Donghae pretested kicking and hitting Hyukjae but the latter wasn’t listening. He got Donghae into a van and then crawled in with him. He then instructed the driver to take them to the studio.

“what is it?” Donghae asked annoyed.

“I finished the song” Hyukjae smiled brightly.

Donghae raised an eyebrow in question and then he rolled his eyes at Hyukjae.

“All of this for a song?” Donghae asked but Hyukjae didn’t answer.

They got to the studio and Hyukjae blindfolded Donghae with his hands.

“Hyukjae?” Donghae asked annoyed.

“Just let me guide you” Hyukjae said cheerfully as he carefully guided Donghae to the recording room. He sat Donghae in a chair and then he ran towards the piano. Donghae opened his eyes as fast as Hyukjae uncovered them and he was taken aback. All the recording studio was decorated with white balloons and strips and there were some bouquets with roses.

Then Hyukjae started playing the song, his’ eyes never leaving Donghae’s. When Hyukjae finished playing Donghae clapped and cheered and then Hyukjae walked to him and stood in front of him.

“Did you like it?” he asked. And Donghae nodded happily. “I… well I did it for you… I-” Hyukjae was at loss of words and Donghae found it unbearable cute. “I’ll… I’ll be a fool Donghae if I waited forever to do this” and at that Hyukjae knelt down on one knee and Donghae gaped at him. “You deserve so much better than me but if you would do me the honor of spending forever with you I promise I’ll work hard every day to make you smile, I’ll support you through the hard times, I’ll call every single day I’m away and I’ll hold you at night so you can clearly hear the beats of my heart screaming your name. You’re my inspiration and the person I want to spend my forever with. You’re my soul, my heart, my brain and all of me, so will you give me the honor to be your forever?”

Donghae had tears coming down his eyes once Hyukjae was finished and Hyukjae was biting his bottom lip waiting for Donghae’s answer.

Then Donghae nodded.

And he nodded again, and again, and again, until he was nodding frantically.

“Yes…yes, yes, YES, YES” Donghae repeated again and again and then he launched himself against Hyukjae not letting the other take the ring out. They both ended up on the floor, Donghae crying burying his face in Hyukjae’s neck and Hyukjae hugging Donghae back and crying emotionally against his’ head.

“I love you” Hyukjae muttered.

“I love you too” Donghae answered.

 

When you call my heart stops beating

When you're gone it won't stop bleeding

 

That night they were both lying on Donghae’s bed, their clothes forgotten on the floor. Hyukjae was hugging Donghae from the back and the latter was admiring his engagement ring through their intertwined fingers. It was simple, silver band with a sapphire heart in the middle but it had engraved My inspiration in it.

Donghae sighed contentedly.

“Are you happy my love?” Hyukjae asked lazily.

Donghae smiled shyly as he still wasn’t used to his new nickname.

“Yeah, though… marriage in Korea is not yet permitted” Donghae said pouting.

“We can in Canada” Hyukjae answered.

“We need to be citizens…”

“Nope, I researched it, we don’t have to be citizens or live there”

“Really?”

“Really”

“So… you want to get married?” Donghae asked shyly.

“Honey, I was the one who proposed, and you said yes, there’s no walking out now” Hyukjae said bringing Donghae closer.

“Not like I want to” Donghae said amused. With a last kiss to Donghae’s neck Hyukjae fell asleep. Donghae hugged Hyukjae’s arms tightly.

Yes he could get used to sleeping like this every night.

 

But I can wait, I can wait, I can wait forever
 

Breaking the news to family and friends was really easy for them both and immediately preparations started.

Hyukjae’s band mates were going to be their best men as for the bride maids… well Donghae had that covered with his coworkers at the host club.

They both decided to use suits, Donghae not wanting to pretend he was someone else.

Donghae wasn’t a fan of sweets so he let his husband have a strawberry cake (at least he could tolerate strawberry).

The decoration of the place was left to Zhoumi (who decorated the entire club for the host’s events).

Of course there were fights, between them, between the families, between them and their parents and friends, but at the end they solved it out. It was hard, it was really hard but at the end of the day when they stared into each other’s eyes there was nothing but love.

“I’m sorry”

“I’m sorry too”

And that was it.

And two years later around July the wedding was taking place.

 

I know it feels like forever

I guess that's just the price I've gotta pay

 

“You may now kiss” said the priest.

And Hyukjae smiled brightly and Donghae smiled too and they both leaned for that perfect kiss. And everybody started cheering while others tear up, but Hyukjae and Donghae only had eyes for each other, and ears for each other.

And when Hyukjae said: “I love you for forever”

Donghae could only answer: “You better, because you’re my forever”

And then they hold hands and while everyone clapped they ran down the aisle.

The photographer took photos of the now married couple while everyone went outside to wait for them. And when they come out everybody threw rice to them and Hyukjae and Donghae finally took a moment to see the faces of their friends and family and they could see that they were as happy for them as themselves.

There was nothing better than this.

 

 

But when I come back home to feel your touch makes it better

Until that day there's nothing else that I can do

And I just can't take it
 

The party was celebrated in an outdoor lounge. There was a stage for the band to perform alongside other idols that came to celebrate with Hyukjae. There was a fountain, several tables all decorated, a small kiosk all decorated with red roses, Hyukjae and Donghae had their table and there was another full of snacks and of course their cake. Everything was perfect to them.

And then Hyukjae got on stage with the band and sang to Donghae his song. And Donghae tear up since “You look so beautiful today~~” and it was hard for Hyukjae to end up the song for he was; too, crying.

They finished the song and Hyukjae took a deep breath.

“Donghae-ah thank you for making me your forever, I love you” he said into the mic and Donghae covered his mouth while smiling.

They were both the happiest persons alive.

And then Hyukjae came down and Donghae got up and they both shared a waltz while soft music played at the background.

“You’re truly beautiful” Hyukjae said kissing Donghae’s cheek.

“And you’re perfect, no matter what anyone else say” Donghae said kissing Hyukjae’s cheek too.

“You remember?” Hyukjae asked resting his chin on Donghae’s shoulder.

“How could I ever forget?” Donghae said resting his head against Hyukjae’s.

 

Another day without you with me

Is like a blade that cuts right through me

But I can wait, I can wait forever
 

For their honeymoon, they both went to Mokpo; Donghae’s native place. It wasn’t probably the best destination but Donghae was marveled he took Hyukjae to his favorite restaurants and places, they went swimming, and they made lots of memories.

Finally they returned home and Hyukjae moved out of his dorm and Donghae sold his apartment and they both bought a small house in the outskirts of Seoul.  It wasn’t the most practical, but it did give them privacy.

It was a one story building, with two bedrooms, one for them and the other for guests; they had a small study, a living room, two bathrooms and a kitchen. A small garden outside and that was practically all they needed. Hyukjae had a piano on the living room alongside his guitars and Donghae had a big closet for all his outfits.  

They both agreed on buying two dogs, Choco and Bada who were like they children.

They live a comfy life and they were truly happy.

 

When you call my heart stops beating

When you're gone it won't stop bleeding

But I can wait, I can wait, I can wait forever

 

“I’ll call you every single day, three times a day ok? One to wake you up, the second in the middle to make sure you eat and the third at night to wish you good night” Hyukjae told Donghae before leaving the house.

Hyukjae’s band had again to go to tour.

“I should be the one checking if you eat well” Donghae said a little worried for his husband.

“Don’t worry I’ll eat and I’ll send you a picture” Hyukjae said kissing the top of Donghae’s head.

“You’re just going to show off your food aren’t you?” Donghae said smiling.

Hyukjae smiled back jokingly.

“Idiot” Donghae said before giving Hyukjae a kiss on the lips. “Take care ok?”

“I will, you too my love”

With a last hug Hyukjae left and got in the van.

Donghae waved it good bye and went inside until the van had disappeared completely.

While Hyukjae was on the airplane staring outside his window and watching the clouds, he the ring in his left hand and smiled.

Yeah, forever sounds good.

 

I can wait forever, I can wait forever

I can wait forever, I can wait forever, I can wait forever

 


 

this took longer than I expected o.o

anyway it's done c:

amazingly I did another fluff c:

something's wrong with me I usually only do angst

anyway I hope you like it c:

comments feed my soul... you don't want my soul to die o.o
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72eU-4qYS64

hear the amazing song Simple Plan did because what are you doing reading this before hearing it?

it's gorgeous *---*

fun fact it was my waltz but lol nobody cares

I shall go to sleep for it's 3AM now...