Chapter 3

The Prince and the Pumpkin

 

 

 

“AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!”

 

 

Sungmin woke up when she heard a loud banging noise. With her blurry vision, she saw a blue silhouette banging it’s head at a tree.

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

 

The blue silhouette turned to her and gasped loudly.

 

 

“What?” she demanded.

 

 

“Unnie!!!” the silhouette yelled but before it reached Sungmin, she jumped on her left side.

 

 

The silhouette groaned as its face hit the ground.

 

 

Sungmin’s vision was starting to get clearer, and she almost fainted when she saw a fish. A blue fish – like Donghae’s favourite nemo, trying to get up from the ground, groaning in pain.

 

 

“Oh god.” Sungmin banged her head in the tree near her, and she cursed when she almost fainted when she hit her head with a loud BANG!

 

 

“What are you doing unnie?” the fish tried to approach her, but she ran and she landed on water. She turn around and saw a falls. She was about to turn around again when she caught a glimpse on the water – pumpkin.

 

 

“Whoa!” she staggered at the ground, not believing what she just saw. She looked up when something blue tapped her. It was the fish.

 

 

“Unnie,” it said. “You’re a pumpkin.”

 

 

“Donghae?” she mumbled and the fish nodded. She looked at her hands and found two leaves. She checked her body – her pumpkin body, and found nothing that can tell she was once a princess.

 

 

“What happened to us? How did we change into . ..” she raised her hand. “ . .. this?”

 

 

The fish froze.

 

 

“Donghae?”

 

 

“U-unnie. It’s the Evil Witch. I-i saw her turning us into this. T-then she . .. made you sleep . .. and she told me how we can escape her curse.”

 

 

“How?”

 

 

Donghae hesitated. “W-well . ..she said about ‘true love’s kiss’.”

 

 

“That’s all?” Donghae nodded hesitantly.

 

 

But Sungmin knows something was wrong. Donghae is hiding something and it really, really makes her uncomfortable.

 

 

“Donghae . ..” she started. She would asked Donghae about what’s really bothering her, but she hesitated. She don’t want to push her.

 

 

“. .. don’t you need water?”