The Perfect Planning

ASSASSINS

 

Boa falls down on the ground after the leader of the people that came in to kill all of the guest left. Changmin is still standing straight besides Boa and when Boa look at Changmin, she can see all the hatred in his eyes. He’s still young, she doesn’t want him to feel this much hatred at such a young age. Boa then stood up and hug Changmin tightly but just as before, Changmin just stood there, not even bothering about hugging Boa back.

 

“Shim Chang Min, get your head straight!! We don’t have much time before the cops arrive! I’m sure other neighbors called them already!” Boa said to Changmin.

 

“Noona, are you crazy or are you just really stupid? All of our neighbors are here, they’re dead! No one will call the police! You’re the one who needs to get your mind straight!” Changmin said to Boa and right then his cheek feels hot and when he looks to Boa, she’s glaring at him, so obvious that she’s mad at him.

 

“Mom and dad never teach you to be this rude!! When I say we don’t have much time, we don’t have much time! Even if the neighbors are all here, there’s still chance that others hear the scream!!” Boa then turns around and put the candle wax onto her hand and even though it hurts, she endures it and put it on their shoes.

 

“You look like you’ve done this before!” Changmin asks.

 

“You get a lot of knowledge when you read! Now, don’t be stubborn and follow me!!” Boa pulls Changmin’s hand roughly with her and they walk into their house and went straight to the kitchen. Boa took out two plastic bag and wrap her left hand and Changmin’s right hand and walk as fast as she can as she flip some bodies to find her parents. Her parents surely do leave some message to them before they are killed. They won’t just leave their kids like that. She knows they won’t do that! Changmin keep on struggling, want Boa to let go of his hand, he’s not a child, stop holding to him like he is but Boa just hold his hands tighter.

 

“babies…” Boa hears that faint groan coming from inside the house and run right to where the sound comes from. Boa sees both their parents in the living room with their father holding tightly to their mother’s hand, both of them are still breathing but is really weak. Boa stops her mother from talking and asks her mother, “where is it?” and tears falls from her mother’s eyes as she point out to the cabinet under the television. Changmin look at their action clueless about how the two of them is communicating as if they’ve seen this coming. Changmin’s father then pull Changmin’s leg asking him to bend down as he wants to give something to him. When Changmin bends down, his father gives him a key, and a bank card. Changmin look at Boa and sees her holding onto a big envelope. Changmin who was holding back his tears, break down right there in front of his parents for he sees it with his eyes how his parents will now leave him. With their last strength, Boa’s mother let go of her gunshot wound and hold tightly onto Changmin’s plastic-wrapped hands, same goes to Changmin’s father who’s holding onto Boa’s plastic-wrapped hands.

 

“We love you,” the last words Boa’s mother said to the two of them and with his last strength, Changmin’s father said, “We’re sorry!” Changmin cried like a baby besides his parents as the two of them won’t wake up no matter how hard he shakes their body. Boa then pulls Changmin hardly and went out of their house and enters the house next door easily with a key hidden under their door mat.

 

“Change your clothes now!” Boa said to Changmin after releasing his hands from the plastic she put on Changmin before and hands him a surgeon’s glove to hide any of his fingerprints. 

 

“WITH WHAT?” Changmin asks angrily.

 

“There are clothes under the kitchen. Mom put all of our emergency clothes there! I’m not going to answer any of your questions right now, just do as I told you!” Boa said to Changmin before he gets to ask her anything. Boa then opens the refrigerator and takes out two pair of shoes and hands one of it to Changmin. 

 

“Are you a killer as well?” Changmin asks.

 

“No but our parents had been playing with fire for far too long, so just do what I say!”  Boa said to Changmin, not caring about hiding any facts from Changmin anymore.

 

“Are you really 14 then? There’s no way they will tell you everything if you’re 14!” Changmin asks.

 

“I AM 14 AND THEY DIDN’T TELL ME ANYTHING BUT THIS DOES!!” Boa said and point to the envelope on the kitchen counter.

 

“Changmin, whatever you’re feeling right now, I feel it too, I’m shocked, I’m tired and I need a rest, so just listen to me please because I’m really tired right now! I want to cry as much as I want, but I need to take care of you too, so I can’t cry, at least not now! Please just do as I say without asking anymore question!” Boa said to Changmin before turning him around so that she can change her clothes.

 

“Just one last question, how do you know you need to find something?” Changmin asks, finally feeling sorry for her sister.

 

“Because today when I woke up, mom told me that if anything happens, I need to find something. I thought mom was joking…” Boa said and a tear fall from her eyes but she quickly wipes it away. Being a fan of books, Boa read things faster than other kid does, and her mom knows that fact, that’s why she wrote things to explain everything to her and leave it in the envelope. She likes to read investigation books, the reason why she thinks of getting rid of their fingerprints on things besides the cake or things related to the birthday. If all the kids were kidnapped besides them, there’s possibility that they will be blame for everything, so she need to make it as if they were kidnapped as well.

 

“The police should have arrived by now but mom said if they don’t, that probably means the person who’s supposed to call them is dead and that I need to make the call… Changmin, take out the camera that was in your suit and play it closely at the phone as I call the police,” Boa said and Changmin just obey.

 

“Hello hello emergency! Help! Mister, help us! I hear gunshots and I see blood!! Please! I’m scared! Help! Everyone is killed! Help! Yes we’re at…” Boa ends the call knowing that the police will be able to know the location. Boa then start making a mess in the kitchen and when she’s sure it looks like a crime scene, she quickly runs away with Changmin, only with their bags of clothes to go to the address in the envelope. Boa wonders while running what have their parents been doing all these while for them to be this prepared?