A Christmas Carol

Christmas' Spark (ONESHOT)

you POV

We step out of the house and he is about to ring the bell when I ask him “Excuse me, what is your name??” Before he could answer the door opens and an ajjuma throws herself onto him hugging him tightly while saying “Donghyun!! You are here!! How have you been?? Have you eaten right??”

So is that his name?? Donghyun…

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Suddenly the ajjuma stops hugging him and looks at me surprised. “Donghyun, you didn’t tell me you have a girlfriend now. She is so pretty!!” Girlfriend?? I am not his girlfriend!! This ajjuma has it all wrong. “Ajjuma, I am …”

“She is you, my girlfriend” What did he just say?? How does he know my name?? Suddenly he leans closer to me and whispers in my ear “Please help me out. I will explain it later” What should I do??

“Why don’t you two lovers come in??” says the ajjuma and without realizing it I am drag inside of the orphanage.

.

.

.

“Hey, are you ok?? You haven’t said a word since we enter” Donghyun comes closer to me and looks worried. I blink a few times and look around. I am in a bedroom, sitting on a bed and my backpack is next to me on the floor.

“What did just happen??” I asked confused. He chuckles in response and sits in the bed next to me.

“You helped me out a lot!! Ajjuma always nags about me for being single but thanks to you, she is going to leave me alone from now on” he smiles happily, he has a really nice smile. His face seems to light up when he smiles.

WAIT!! “Ajjuma thinks I am your girlfriend!!” I yell and he nods playfully in response “Why did you say that to her??” I knew I couldn’t trust this guy, he seemed suspicious from the start and I was right. He told ajjuma I am his girlfriend!! Really, I have no luck.

“I am going to tell her that she got it wrong!!” I stand up from the bed but Donghyun stops me by holding my wrist tightly.

“Please don’t” he is looking down “Please, let me explain you” his voice is serious and sounds worried, my heart pounds heavily and I just sit back on the bed next to him.

“I am sorry for involving you in this, it is really rude to make you help me like that” he sighs and continues “My name is Kim Donghyun and I grew up in this orphanage, that is how ajjuma knows so much about me." He also grew up on an orphanage?? I remember the ajjuma started to talk with him about his work. I don't really get it but he owns some kind of business. She also said something about eating right because he lives alone.

"I am in charge of the volunteers for Christmas this year, you were the only one new that is why I know your name” So, that is how he knew my name. That is a relief, I seriously tought he was some kind of stalker or that he looked through my stuffs when I was sleeping on the train, that would have been creepy.

Suddenly he holds my hand and looks directly into my eyes. His eyes are so hypnotizing, they are so full of life but you can see something else, sorrow, as if he has been deeply hurt before. What is he doing?? Why is he getting so close to me all of the sudden??

“You two, have a good night. Remember you have to wake up at 7 am” I look at the direction of the voice and it is the ajjuma she is on the door smiling and before leaving she winks at us.

“Wait!! Ajjuma it is not…” I try to say but it is too late, she has already left. I go back to look at Donghyun and he is still sitting there next to me looking at me. He holds my hand once again.  

“You know, ajjuma has always worried about me as if I am his own son. That is why she is always telling me to find a nice girl and bring her here. The last few years she has tried to find me a girlfriend and I couldn’t say no to her so I have been having a hard time. I am sorry if I startled you but I really need your help right now”

My heart is thumping really hard, all I can think of is how close we are and how warm my hand feels, but I get what he says. Moo Geun is like that too, she is always trying to find some guy for me. I know she does it because she cares for me but it is kind of tiring.

“Ok. I will help you” I smile at him and unexpectedly he hugs me tightly.

“Thank you” he whispers on my ear and I can feel how my body shivers slightly in response. He releases me and smiles “Ok, now let’s go to sleep” he says and lays a blanket on the floor. I haven’t realized it but there is only one bed on the room. He is a real gentleman, he is going to sleep on the floor and give me the bed.

I go inside the bed and cover myself with the blankets. He turns off the lights and darkness takes over the room. I can’t see anything but I can still hear him. He must be cold. He doesn’t have a blanket to cover himself. I grab one of the blankets that I have and try to hand it over to him.

“Donghyun-ssi, take this. It is really cold” Suddenly I feel his cold hands against mine while he tries to hold the blanket and my heart skips a beat. Was it because of the sudden cold?? “Thank you” are the only words I hear before heading to dreamland.

.

.

.

 

One Day before Christmas Day (December 24)

Donghyun POV

 

I wake up and the first thing I see is you's face. A smile inmediatly appears on my face. This girl, she acts all tough on the outside but she is actually kindhearted. I stand up and get out of the room heading to the bathroom. After changing my clothes I go to the kitchen where ajjuma is already cooking breakfast.

"Ajjuma!! Good morning!!" I smile at her and she smiles too

"How is our Donghyun today?? Did you sleep well?? Did you wake up already??" 

"No, she is still sleeping" I answer and sit on the kitchen table. "Ajjuma, today you and I are going to take care of the little children. I already have the schedule for the other volunteers here so could you let them know??" I give her my best smile.

"Aigoo!! Our Donghyunnie is trying to make excuses to be with his girlfriend, so cute!! Don't worry, just spend the day with her. I will take care of the others volunteers" I leave the kitchen smiling. you, I really don't know why but for some reason I want to be close to you. Do you want to be close to me too?? Do you even trust me??

I enter to the bedroom and find you already up and fixing the bed. "You are already up. Good!!" I look at her and she just nods in response. 

"Did you sleep well?? Does your back hurt??" she asks with a worried expression and I just want to smile at her cuteness.

"I am ok. I slept well. Now we have to go to meet the kids" I say and she smiles.

As soon as we enter to the playroom all the kids keep quiet and little Ilayda is the first one to run towards me and hug me. "Appa!! Donghyun Appa!!" I carry her and kiss her on the cheek.

"How is my baby Ilayda?? Have you been good??" she smiles happily and I put her down. 

"Donghyun appa!! Who is that??" little Jeongmin says pointing at you

"Everyone!! Listen. This is my friend you, she is here to play with all of you so treat her well, okay??"

"Yes!!" all the kids answer happilly

"Appa!! Is she your girlfriend??" Eun Si suddenly asks and I start to laugh. I turn around to see you and she is blushing lightly. I smile at her and just hold her hand.

"Yes!! She is Appa`s girlfriend so be nice" I say to the kids and they go back to play. 

"Hey!! Why did you lie to the kids??" I turn around and see you blushing harder, my heart starts to beat faster. Why do I feel like this when I see her blushing?? 

"The kids always tell the truth, so if ajjuma ask anything about today, she will believe that we are dating" I explain calmly but that is not the thruth. I just wanted an excuse to hold her hand and say she is my girlfriend again.

We spend the whole afternoon playing with the kids. As the day progresses I see new sides of you and I feel my heart beating at an incredible speed whenever our eyes meet. She is really good with the kids, she plays with them happily, she knows what to do for them to be obedient and she even knows how to calm them down if they want to cry.

Maybe she has little brothers or sisters that is why she is so good with kids. The kids like her a lot, they all want to play with her. I don't blame them, she is so pretty and kind. I want to spend some time with her too. "Donghyun-ssi" I snap out of my daydream and see her standing in front of me.

"Donghyun-ssi, the kids want us to do a play" she says kind of embarrased.

"Then let's act one" I say and grab her hand to go close to the closet where we keep the costumes. I really enjoy acting for the kids, they are always a happy audience "Ok. We should play "A Christmas Carol". you can you be the gosths??" I look at her and she looks confused.

"Is there something wrong??" she looks down and mumbles "I don't knwo the story"

"Really?? You don't know it. Then what Christmas story do you know??" she keeps quiet for a while and doesn't say anything.

"Then, what about a fairy tale??" I ask.

"Does Shrek counts??" I laugh loudly at her answer. Really?? Shrek??

"Don't laugh at me!!" she says loudly kind of upset but I just smile. This girl it is really something. 

"I am sorry. Then what about Snow White??" I think of the first fairytale I remember

"I know that one!!" she says happilly and I smile.

After getting ready, the play starts and some of the kids are happilly playing the dwarves or animals, others are the audience. Me, on the other hand am playing the part of the witch and the prince and of course you is playing snow White. The play goes well until we reach the final scene, the part when it is time for the prince to awake Snow White from the spell.

I haven't thought about it but I am going to kiss you. Finally the moment arrives, she is laying there with her eyes closed and she looks so peaceful, like an angel asleep. I lean closer to her face and my heart starts to race like crazy. Suddenly, I feel my whole body getting hotter as my lips move closer to hers.

Will she be mad if I kiss her?? Should I just kiss her cheek?? I am closer now and my desire for her lips is stronger than my reasoning. I just lean slightly closer and press my lips against hers. I slowly close my eyes and start to kiss her gently. Her lips are so soft and sweet, just like pink cotton candy.

After what seems a lifetime I move away and see her blushing. I can hear the kids cheering on the back but I can only look at her, with her lips slightly redder than before because of the kiss. My heart beating so fast I feel is going to jump out of my chest and my breathing being quicker than before. I help her stand up. "And the live happily ever after" I say to conclude the story and all the kids cheer again.

After finishing playing with the kids they go to take a long nap so they can have the Christmas dinner without feeling sleepy. you haven't talked to me since the kiss. Is she mad?? I need to tell her. She has to understand that I couldn't hold myself, she has to know that I .... I really like her. That I am falling in love with her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updating after like a week or so!!! So sorry for not updating. I ended up super busy during new year and the following days but I am finally updating!!! yeee!!! Hope you guys still read this story :)

Hey guys did you know Boyfriend is coming back on the 10th!!! SO FAST!!! I am super excited!!! Please watch their comeback -l-y-a-h-

 

388308_509425089079237_472132582_n.jpg

And Donghyun teaser picture is killing me!!! He looks super handsome!!! :D

545153_509708999050846_1717193191_n.jpg

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND