Fireworks

Christmas' Spark (ONESHOT)

Donghyun POV

 

After finishing playing with the kids they go to take a long nap so they can have the Christmas dinner without feeling sleepy. you haven't talked to me since the kiss. Is she mad?? I need to tell her. She has to understand that I couldn't hold myself, she has to know that I .... I really like her. That I am falling in love with her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

.

.

.

 

Christmas eve

you POV

 

I sigh one more time and look at the cloudy night above me. After getting sure the kids went to sleep I left Donghyun alone and run away from him as fast as I could. I found the orphanage’s playground and sited on a swing. It is really cold but I don’t care.

I should be angry at a guy that I barely know and kissed me when I least expected it, even more because that was my first kiss. I know I should have disliked it and hate him for stealing my first kiss but I am not mad at him. I actually liked it, which is what scares me the most.

We started acting for the kids and everything was good until I lay down and was the part for the prince to wake me up with a kiss. I really thought he was going to kiss me on the cheek. My eyes were closed and all of the sudden I felt something soft on my lips and when I opened my eyes all I could I saw was Donghyun’s face, then I realized the softness I felt was in fact his lips. It was such a warm and sweet feeling. What is wrong with me?? I don’t really know this guy and I can’t stop thinking about him and how he makes me feel.

you” I hear Donghyun’s voice and my heart jumps and gets warm. I just stay still “Can you help me decorating the Christmas tree??”

I look at the sky one more time “I . . . I don’t want to be near you right now” I am so stupid. I do want to be next to him but I am scared. I am sure if I spend more time with him I will be careless enough to trust in him and I may even fall for him.

Silence surrounds me. I guess he is gone by now. I am such a coward. I am too scared of people to trust them. I sigh and look at the ground. “I really don’t like Christmas”

“Why don’t you like Christmas??” I hear a whisper really close to my ear and I a most jump out of the swing. I turn around my head slightly and see Donghyun’s face really close, I opens my eyes wide, he is still here, I quickly turn around my head and feel my face getting hot.

“Why don’t you like Christmas??” he whispers again on my ear and his voice warms up my heart. Why is it that his voice sounds so gentle, so soft?

“I think people go too crazy about Christmas, with all the preparations, decorations, presents. Going out and trying to meet people days before Christmas so you don’t have to spend it alone. It is like is the most important day for everyone, I think it is too much”

“Why don’t you like Christmas??” Donghyun whispers one more time.

“I already told you why I don’t like it so …”

“Why don’t you tell me the truth??” my eyes widen and I freeze. What does he mean?? He couldn’t possible know, I have never told anyone about it.

you, why don’t you like Christmas??” he asks one more time and a tear star running down my cheek. Why do I feel like I have to tell him everything, I … I can’t hold it in anymore.

“I was actually born on Christmas but no one knows about it. My mom, she … she died on the day I was born and my dad just disappeared. I have spent a most every Christmas alone and ” I feel my heart really heavy now.

I wipe the tears that have form on my eyes and look at the sky “It was another Christmas day when I got a call from … from a strange man saying how sorry he was and how he wanted to meet me, but as soon as I realized who it was, I hanged up. He … he never called again”

I look down and tears start running down my eyes. “Whenever I think about Christmas day… ” my voice is really shaky by now “… there are only bad memories. That is why I …”

Suddenly I feel a pair of arms being wrapped around my shoulder. My heart starts beating really fast and I gradually stop crying. Donghyun is hugging me, the cold is gone and my body feels really warm. We stay like this in silence for a while.

“I am sorry” he whispers “I am sorry you went through all that” he hugs me tighter and I don’t know what to say. I don’t know if telling him the truth was the right thing to do but somehow I feel relieved and my heart feels lighter.

I think this is the first time I trust someone this much to talk about my family. I have known Moo Geun for years but she doesn’t know about this. How is it that I have come to trust this guy in just days?? I don’t know how to explain it but he somehow is special.

.

.

.

I open my eyes and darkness surrounds me. After talking with Donghyun on the playground we came back to the room and I fell asleep while he went back to help with the Christmas’ preparations.

I stand up, wash my face and change my clothes. I look at my watch, there is only an hour left until Christmas. I open the door of the room and I find Donghyun standing there. What is he doing?? “I was about to go in and wake you up” he smiles sweetly at me and I smile back.

“I am sorry I didn’t help with the preparations, I will help to clean up the things tomorrow, ok?” he just nods in response and we go to the living room where all the kids, ajjuma and the volunteers are waiting. They were waiting for me??

I sit down next to Donghyun and we all start having dinner. The kids try to eat as fast as they can so they can open their gifts afterwards. I giggle at how cute little Ilayda looks munching on the egg rolls like there is no tomorrow.

“I really like when you are smiling like that” Donghyun says softly at me and I look at him surprised. Did he just say that he likes my smile?? “I am really sorry about before, I …”

“It is ok” I answer in a low voice “You actually helped me” I smile at him and he reaches for my hand under the table and squeezes it lightly. I blush at his action but I can’t stop looking at him, he is smiling so brightly and he looks really happy.

We intertwine our fingers and spend the rest of the meal holding hands under the table. His hand fits with mine perfectly like they were made to be linked like this. I can’t help but steal glances at him and smile from time to time. Donghyun, I trust you.

There are only minutes away until Christmas and we have all finish eating. Everyone start to going outside because of the fireworks. In this town people celebrates Christmas with fireworks. I have never heard of this tradition before so I try to stand on a place where I can see everything.

“You really want to see the fireworks” Donghyun is standing next to me.

“Yes, I really like them. They are really pretty” I smile at him and out of the blue he grabs my hand and starts pulling me somewhere. “Donghyun, what are you doing?? Where are we going??”

“To see the fireworks” he says and we start running. After a little while we arrive to a small hill. Donghyun sits on the floor “Come on sit here, the fireworks will start soon” I comply and sit next to him.

 

Christmas Day

 

After I sit down the fireworks start. They are really amazing, different lights of every possible color shining in the sky, countless figures being formed by these lights. It is so mesmerizing. Fireworks have always made me feel happy inside, every time a firework pops I feel excited and when I see the colors and images they form I feel warm inside.

“This hill, it is my special place” Donghyun says and I look at him. Special place?? “After my parents passed away and I came here. I would always come to this place to see the sky and just think about them” Donghyun’s face is so calm and gentle, he looks so handsome.

He slowly grabs my hand and look into my eyes “That is why I wanted to brought you here, I want to share this special place with someone special” he smiles. “Getting to know you these days, I have realized you are just like a firework. No matter how dark the night can be you always shine brightly showing different and beautiful colors. you, I … I really lo … like you”

Donghyun likes me. I can’t help but smile at him. “I … I trust you”

 

Donghyun POV

 

“Donghyun, I … I trust you” she says and stays quiet. I slowly let go of her hand and look away. So she trusts me, that is it. I just thought that she may like me back. How we were holding hands during dinner and how she would look at me. Maybe I imagine it?? I impose these things to her??

Suddenly I feel an unknown warmth on my cheek and look back at you. Her hand is place in my cheek and she is smiling at me. Her smile is as bright as the fireworks up on the sky. “Donghyun, I really trust you. You somehow make feel like I can trust other people too, like I can trust the world again, like everything is possible. I … I … I like you too”

Did she just say that … I smile widely at her and hold her hand, she blushes and I smile even wider, she likes me back!! My heart is jumping like crazy inside my chest and I just want to kiss her. I lean closer and closer until our lips meet.

The kiss is so sweet and it makes me feel so happy. Her lips are so sweet and addictive, I don’t want to end the kiss but I am getting out of breath. I look at you and see her blushing harder. Her face is illuminated by the fireworks and she looks like she is glowing, she looks really beautiful.

I lean closer to her and hug her tightly “you, I want to be with you every day. I want to hug you and protect you, I want to make you smile and hold you when you feel sad. Please stay next to me, light up my world with your beautiful smile. you, I love you” I whisper to her.

 

you POV

 

This happy feeling, this warm hug, the sweet kiss all of these makes me feel like I see fireworks exploding everywhere. My heart feels so full with feelings but light at the same time.

“Donghyun, I love you too” I smile and hug him back.

Donghyun, thank you for appearing when I least expected it and thank you for lighted up my life. Just being close you is enough to make me feel like I am flying. Thank you for shining so bright that you made my dark night disappear.

You are actually the one that is like a firework, my own firework. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It is finally done!!! Sorry for taking so long but I have been busy spazzing about I YAH!!!! is such a great Comeback and the boys look amazing!! :D

71017075.jpg

 

If you guys haven't watch the MV do it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJrJuBQ244

Also don't forget to vote for Boyfriend on M Countdown, Eat your kimchi and others!!! And play their title song I YAH on Bugs, Naver, Melon, Mnet and others. If you can purchase the digital single or the actual repackage album.

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND