Don't Doubt Baekhyun.

Through Ups and Downs ¦—ed i t i n g )
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 chapter eleven 
don't doubt baekhyun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

First member up... baekhyunnie. Don't have a soundtrack for this one. just play a song that Baekhyun will sings later on when i told you to play it okayy.


#nowplaying - EXO - Open Arms (play later okay. not now please.)

________________________________________
 

W-1 from audition.

Baekhyun stares at the full-length mirror in front of him. He has enough time to get all polished before practice. Everyone is tired, and so is he. In the lower part of the beds, Kris is still curling like an armadillo. He’s tired from dance practice, he guessed.

His bestie, Chanyeol, is lying on his stomach. He knew Chanyeol’s back is a bit injured, he sprained it during dance practice.

And his upper bed mate, Tao, the young boy. He grown fond of him now. Tao has the kind of uniqueness that Baekhyun adores. Tao’s nightstand lamp is still on. Baekhyun knows he’s been practicing Korean until around 3 am in the morning.

Sometimes, Baekhyun wants to be like Kris. Mature, and persistent. Not to mention, tall and handsome. Kris has this kind of things that is mighty, and people respect them.

Sometimes, Baekhyun wants to be like Chanyeol. Confident and happy. He seems like he doesn’t have weights in his shoulders. Because Chanyeol solves problems easily. Baekhyun adores this side of him so much.

Sometimes, Baekhyun wants to be like Tao. Strong and Hardworking. No one can beat this kid strength and hardwork. Tao is tall and thin, a figure Baekhyun would love to treasure. Tao is feared by some boys, and girls adored him so much. Baekhyun envies him.

Baekhyun has an insecure side within him, that always seeks faulty in his own actions.

Why can’t I take the high-notes like Chen?

Why can’t I dance like Kai?

Why can’t I rap like Tao?

Why?

These questions are just a teeny weeny part from a lot of questions that he frequently asked to himself.

“Baekhyun gege, aren’t you going to sleep again?” A tiny voice squeaked.

Tao. With slightly swollen eyebags and disheveled hair.

“I have morning practices to do, Taotao.” He whispered, so he won’t wake up the giant skyscrapers.

“It’s still 5.”

“But.. I want to. When nobody uses the studio.” He smiles.

“OK, ge. I’ll just snoozed off again. Bye.” Tao waves his hand and sneaked under the warm covers again.

Baekhyun zipped up his sweaters before heading out to the studio.

_______________is off for ___________  from __:__ until __:__

It’s the usual paper that members stick in the main board so they can track each other.

Byun Baekhyun is off for singing,dancing,and rapping  practice from 05:00 until not decided.

He wrote before he heads out and lock the front door, taking the spare keys with him.

He walked in a slow pace to the studio.

Still empty.

“Johda.”

He sighs and sets in the speaker. He already prepare a song for the audition. It will be either Two People by Sung Si Kyung or Forget Me Now by Gummy.

Those both have characteristics that fit his voice perfectly.

“Ttaerouneun i giri..” He hummed a bit, setting the equipments.

He doubt himself right now.

***

D-4

“And your eyes were so bright..” he sings silently during showers after soccer.

“Hey Baek.” He heard Kris.

“Wait a minute, I’ll finish in a zap.” He said.

“No, i’m in the cublicle next to you ya know.” Kris chuckled.

“Oh.”

“you have good english pronounciation ya know.” Kris said

Baekhyun stops scrubbing his own back. “You must be kiddin’.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“no, really, compared to the other, you excel.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Have you considered your song for audition?”Kris asks.

“Yeah, Two People by Sung Si Kyung.”

“Ah! I know it. But that won’t show your vocal and english skills.” Kris protest.

“Is it?”

“Yes. Try an english song. I mean, you love Greenday and Maroon 5. But please choose a ballad not upbeat, it won’t show off your skills.” Kris advises.

Baekhyun shampooed his hair one last time as he thinks.

“Are you helping me or tricking me Kris?” Baekhyun aid.

“Do you think i’m that mean?! I’m offended. Well, I’m helping EXO. No way I’m going forward alone. Plus, I don’t want to lose my roommates.” Kris said.

Baekhyun chuckled as he rinse his hair.

“Yeah, Kris. Thanks.” Baekhyun smiled.

But he still doubt himself.

***

D-1

“Baekhyun hyung, please stop whatever you’re doing right now.” Chen protested. Baekhyun has been pacing back and forth doing nothing.

“Dafuq hyung.”D.O cursed as he wrote some music notes.

“I’m worried. Tomorrow.. Aish.” Baekhyun sink himself in the couch. The three vocalists are practicing for audition tomorrow.

“We’re ALL worried from head to toe.” D.O explains. Baekhyun nods in response.

“Can we do a duet for audition?” D.O asks.

“Yes we can, why? But the scores are personal scores.” Chen said.

“Are you doing a duet?” Baekhyun asks.

“Yeah. With kai. He’s going to rap.And were both dancing. And I sing.” D.O explains.

“That’s nice. But Chanyeol has his own plans. Kris is busy himself. And Tao is on a duet with Hu Mei. And Suho hyung with Lesseul.” Baekhyun sighs.

“We can always go alone. I’m going alone.” Chen shrugs non-chalantly.

“You have amazing ability Chen!” Baekhyun bursts out.

“Whoa. What’s with the sudden eruption. You too are great. You’re magical. You sings the high notes as if they weren’t high.” Chen assured him.

“No.. You don’t know it.” Baekhyun hugs his knees protectively.

“Don’t doubt yourself Baekhyun.” D.O advises.

“I don’t! People does!”

“Then don’t let them be!” Chen added.

“Even my coach you guys are better.” Baekhyun muffled.

“Here, Baekhyun. We’re all good in our own. And you too.. you’re amazinng. You sing, you rap, you dance, you model. You’re an entertainer in one complete package.” D.O pats his back.

Suddenly the door burst open with an—oddly—smiling Kris.

“Hey guys.”

“Hi krissy!” Chen laughs.

“Not good Chen. I told ya.” Kris scowls.

“Anyway, i’m delivering these to all of us as a goodluck charm. Don’t open it until 5 minutes before your audition! Exactly 5 minute before! Okay?” Kris hand out small paper cranes. D.O and Chen beams.

“Thankie kriss—I mean, just kris!” Chen smiles.

Kris laughs.

“Good luck to you all!”

“yeah Good Luck to you too kris!” D.O smiles.

Baekhyun eyed the light blue paper crane in front of him before putting it safely in his pocket.

Yet, he still doubt himself.

***

D-Day

The auditorum is packed with people. All students and teachers of SM Gangnam. Today is the indoor audition. And he is going to perform next. On the stage is a pianist playing Ave maria and he could see the judges tearing up. How is he going to beat that. He could see his friends in the viewer’s seat.

“What am I going to do? What am i going to do? What am I going to do?” He paced back and forth.

He slouched down.

5 more minutes and he’s going to sing in front of the whole population of SM Gangnam

He remembered Kris’ paper crane.

He reached for his blazer’s pocket.

He unfolds the paper crane.

Baekhyunnie.

You’re up, next! Hehehe~ Fighting!

Ya know what, you doubt yourselftoo much! You’re amazing you know! I really adore you.

So go up and kill the stages! I’ll be watching with the guys, praying for you!

Roses are red,

Violets are blue

What the judges going to felt,

Is an overwhelming emotion from that beautiful voice of you!

Heck, i fail my poem. Hehehe!

Fighting Baekhyun! I forever Love your voice!

xKrisx

Baekhyun smiles. Kris can be sweet and some times.

“NUMBER 12, BYUN BAEKHYUN.” The judges said through the microphone.

Baekhyun walks in a slow pace to the grand piano in the middle stage, with a giant spotlight shining over it. He bows.

“My name is Byun Baekhyun from Homeroom 7. Today I’m performing a piano piece of Open Arms by Jouney and I’ll be singing along with it too.” He said.

He could see his cray roommates, Chanyeol, Kris, and Tao, waving like retarded seals.

He sits in the chair and press a few notes. The intro.

 

*now play Open Arms and imagine Baekhyun is the one who played it all*

 

Lying beside you

here in the dark

Feeling your heartbeat, with mine..

 

Softly you whisper

You're so sincere

How could our love be so blind

 

We sailed on together

Drifted apart

And here you are by my side

 

So now I come to you

With open arms

Nothing to hide

Believe what I say

 

So here I am

With open arms

Hoping you'll see

What your love means to me...

Open Arms...

 

Living without you

Living alone

This empty house seems so cold

 

Wanting to hold you

Wanting you near

How much I wanted you home

 

but now you've come back

Turned night into day

I need you to stay

 

So now I come to you

With open arms

Nothing to hide

Believe what I say

 

So here I am

With open arms

I'm hoping you'll see

What your love means to me...

Open Arms...

 

The whole crowd erupt in a thundering applause. And his friends, clap the loudest, whistling and shouting, and he could hear Chanyeol singing jarhaebwa as usual. He smiles.

For a second he didn’t doubt himself, he’s just baekhyun being baekhyun.

The confident Baekhyun, the baekhyun who loves music.

“So, i see, you’re pretty good at singing.” One of the teacher in spectacles, on of the judges, said.

“Gamsahabnida.” He bows.

“I guess, from the way of singing, I doubt you. Do you take this all seriously, or is it just a hobby? We’re only accept serious students.” He said ashe fixed his glasses.

Baekhyun is raged in fury.

Of course! He loves music so much! And that damn old man doubted him?!

“Uh, I’m sorry sir..” he paused and said by emphasizing every words he said, as if he was spitting out venom, trying to surpress the erupting emotion inside of him.

“This—to me, is not a hobby. It’s way, of making my dreams seems real.”

Baekhyun spat out. The judges were caught of-guards.

How dare a student say that to the panel judges.

“Thank you.” He bows before disappearing from the stage.

The EXO guys were gaping like a fish at his words.

There were 11 boys looking like dumb goldfish with their jaw hanging open.

 

Baekhyun finally didn’t doubt himself.

And no one can.

 
 
 
 
________________________________________
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»haish.

Hufflah. Tomorrow i have tryout, and on saturday too. This is the best i can put on. Forgive me. I have Indonesian and Math for tomorrow. and screw math. i hate exponents :(

wish me luck.

And I love you all.

mmmuach :*