2

My First Love

 

Jeongmin sat quietly on the floor of his apartement. There’re paints and brushes scattered all over the place. He’s holding a letter in his hand. He held it so tight that the letter was crumpled. He looked at the painting he had just finished. The painting is still hanging on the easel.

"I really like you ......" he said, to the painting. Then, once again he looked at the letter in his hand.

'Letter of Acceptance'

Congratulations, Mr. Lee Jeongmin, you received in the Faculty of Art and Science, Harvard. Semester will begin shortly. We are waiting for your attendance no later than 4 days after the letter was sent. Thank you.

Harvard is a dream for Lee Jeongmin. Being enrolled there is the greatest achievement in his life. But ......... This means ..... he has to leave ... that girl ....

"I have to see her now!"

Jeongmin take the painting he had just finished and put it in the tube. He rushed to his favorite place in the town, the florist. That girl’s florist. Today is Sunday. Clearly written on the front door of the florist that they're closed. But Jeongmin didn’t care, he had to meet her.

He opened the door and saw her, as usual, sat near the counter and arranging flowers.

"Um ... excuse me. Uh .... um ...."

The girl looked at him. Jeongmin hold his sentence. Does he really have to say this to her? What if she thinks he’s weird? A Stalker? He might be thinking about her all the time in his days. But, her? Did she also feel the same thing?

No. I have to say it.

"I. .. I will go abroad. I'm going to continue my study there...."

Finally, Jeongmin had said what he wanted to say. But the girl just looked at Jeongmin with a confused face. Of course, she didn’t understand a word he said. She can’t read Jeongmin’s lips, he speaks too fast.

"I like you. Really like you ... If you like me too, I'm waiting for your answer in three seconds ..."

Jeongmin looked at her expectantly. "One ..."

She didn’t say a word and just staring at Jeongmin. This time there was no smile on her face, only a cofusion.

"Two ..."

She still didn’t react. Jeongmin began to worry. Maybe it's true, she didn’t have any feeling for him. He's holding the three a little bit longer. The girl still doesn't react.

Maybe she really didn't like me. I'm acting stupid in front of her. Maybe she isn't the one. 

"Sorry ..."

Jeongmin ran out of the florist. The girl was still silent and did not understand what was meant by Jeongmin. She ran after Jeongmin, but at the time she had reached the front door of the florist, Jeongmin was nowhere to seen. She didn’t know what happened just now, but for some reason her heart feels uneasy.

The girl went back. By the time she opened the door, she accidentally stepped on a letter that was lying near a tube. She opened the letter. It’s Jeongmin’s acceptance letter.

After reading the letter, the girl was crying. She did not know why she was crying. Her heart hurt. Lee Jeongmin. That boy's name was Lee Jeongmin. Eventually, she was able to determine the boy's name. But he's gone, now. For good. They will never meet again.

The girl opened the tube that were there along with the letter. Inside it, was a painting. A painting of a girl who was arranging flowers. On the bottom side of the painting there is something written:

"Hey, flower girl. I love you."

She can’t keep her tears anymore. She’s sobbing. Lee Jeongmin, her first and only love. Gone.