1

My First Love

"I like you. Really like you ... If you like me too, I'm waiting for your answer in 3 seconds… "

***

I walked happily down the city of Seoul that looks so busy. Lots of people milling around me. Sounds of vehicles passing by are very noisy. But I do not care. I only care about one thing.

Her.

I stopped right in front of a florist. Suddenly, my heart beating so fast. I sighed and tried to calm myself down. Slowly, I open the door of the florist and come in. The sound of a small bell hanging on it reads along with me, closing the door. There’s no one inside. As usual, quiet. As usual also, she sat, arranging beautiful flowers, behind the counter.

Her. I don’t know her name. It’s been almost a full month I watched and never miss visiting the florist, but I did not dare to even just ask her name. She is so beautiful. As beautiful as those flowers she arranged. Long flowing black hair and a sweet smile that always sticks on her lips. She's perfect.

I pretended browsing on the flowers on the rack right overlooking the place where she was sitting. I did not intend to buy the flowers, of course. I just want to see her smile. My heart started racing again. It seems I've been looking at it too long. I have to talk to her.

I gathered all my guts and walk slowly to the counter. Here it goes…….

"Ahem. Excuse me. "

Suddenly her hand stopped arranging the flowers. She looked at me with those eyes. I never knew such beautiful big brown eyes. I glued for a few seconds until I finally snapped out of my mind. Stupid. She must have thought I was weird.

"That…." I point out the flower she arranged. Why? I don’t know. I don’t have anything to say. Suddenly I can’t make a word coming out of my mouth. What’s wrong with me. She looked confused for a moment, but then she smiled and took a piece of tape from a nearby drawer and tied ribbons onto the flowers I pointed. That's cute. Beautiful. My heart was beating too fast. I cannot stay here much longer. I could have died because of her beauty.

"I'm sorry."

I ran out of the flower shop and did not stop until I'm really sure it's far enough away from that place. Stupid of you, Lee Jeongmin. Stupid. Surely now she thinks I was a freak.

 

***

 

I glanced at the wall-clock behind me. 1.05 PM. It is 5 minutes late from the time he used to come. Did something happen to him? Did he find another florist that is more beautiful than my grandmother's florist?

I tapped my fingers on the table. Waiting. I'm still waiting. When will he come?

The flowers that left by grandmother still lying there, untouched, near the counter. Sigh, should i start arranging it and stop waiting for him? Yeah, maybe he will not come, I'd better arranging those flowers before grandmother gets angry because I was neglecting my duties.

One .... Two ..... Three .... Four ... Five ... It has been five stalks but he still doesn’t show up.

Drrrrt. Ah! Someone’s coming. The sensor tools on my pocket is vibrating.

I threw my gaze toward the entrance. Him. It’s him! Finally he came. He looked tired. Did something happen to him? I wish I could ask him. I want to know his name. I want to hear his voice ......

He always browsing flowers on that rack. Always. Did he like acacia flowers? I'm curious.

I’m going back to my duty again, arranging the flowers, when suddenly I felt someone is standing near the counter. I took a quick glance. It's him! He was standing before me.

He said something, but I can’t catch him, his lips is moving too fast. But I guess he wants to buy this flowers I held? He's kinda pointing at the flowers i was holding. So cute of him.

I took the tape located inside the drawer and tied flower arrangements that he pointed at. He chose the right flowers. This flower is very beautiful and symbolize a love. Done. With the addition of this band the flowers look more beautiful.

“….”

Wait. Where is he? Gone already? Huh? It's weird. Finally after a month, he buys something from this florist but why he suddenly dissappeared? I wonder why he’s in a rush. Oh well, then I better keep these flowers, maybe tomorrow he’ll come and get these flowers.

 



 

 

p.s sorry for the bad grammar >,<