Spider Lily (3/?)

Spider Lily

Jiyong didn’t sleep well that night, feeling uneasy and disappointed. Seunghyun hyung didn’t call me although he said he will. Is Claudia his girlfriend? But why did he say that he likes me? But then, it’s universal, it’s a common thing to say that you like someone or something, right? My fantasy makes me irrational.

The next day, Youngbae and Seungri went to Jiyong’s mansion. “Hey buddy! What’s with that face? You look so gloomy!” Youngbae ruffled Jiyong’s hair, making the latter grunted, “Yah! I hate it when you do that!”

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Seungri asked curiously. Jiyong told them everything about his unsuccessful surprise and about that woman. “Ah hyung, maybe it’s nothing to be worried about,” Seungri said as he popped some potato chips into his mouth. “How can you be so sure, Seungri? Perhaps they do have a relationship and he’s just playing around with Jiyong. You know, Jiyong-ie, I got a strange feelings about him from the very first time,” Youngbae snarled.

Jiyong lowered his head, “I still got a feeling that he is a good guy..” Seungri put his arm around Jiyong’s shoulder, “Don’t think too much about it. Hey, it’s warm so shall we swim?” Seungri said as he pointing his finger to the nice, big swimming pool at Jiyong’s backyard. “Yeah! Sounds great! Come on, Jiyong!” Youngbae trying to cheer Jiyong up. “Well, go ahead, guys. I’ll..” suddenly he felt the vibrate of his phone in his pants pocket. It’s Seunghyun hyung!  “I gotta take this,” Jiyong muttered as he walk to the study room.

“Yoboseyo,” Jiyong tried to sound cool and nonchalant.

“Hi Jiyong! How are you doing?”

“Fine.”

“Listen, I’m sorry that I didn’t call you last night but I was quite late when I came home. So I thought you fell asleep already..”

“How do you know if you didn’t try?” Tsskk! I don’t sleep well because of you!

“At 00.30 a.m.? I really don’t want to disturb you at the wee hours.”

00.30 a.m.?! Hah! Obviously someone was having a great time last night! Jiyong sighed, “Whatever!” “Jiyong, are you mad at me?” Seunghyun asked carefully.

“Why should I? I’m not Claudia, your girlfriend so I have no rights to get mad at you,” Jiyong replied sarcastically.

“Huh?” Seunghyun dumbfounded, “No, you got it wrong. Claudia is not my girlfriend.”

“Yeah right! And she called you ‘sweety’ for no reason?” Jiyong hissed. My God! I sounds like a girl having PMS or something!

“When I first came here, Claudia did in love with me but I told her directly that I’m gay. After that we just became good friends and she called almost everyone at the office ‘sweety’. Yesterday after the happy hour at work, her boyfriend, Yunho, is supposed to pick her up but he had some meeting so she asked me to take her home and having dinner together with Yunho,” Seunghyun explained.

“Oh..” Jeez! I never thought about that!

“Jiyong, do you have something to do tonight?”

“Errr..no.” “Would you like to have dinner with me at my place?” asked Seunghyun enthusiastically. “Dinner at your place?” Jiyong repeated the question, not sure if he heard it right.

“Yup! I can cook, you know. Well, not Korean dishes but we can order it if you want.”

Jiyong smirked, “No, I’m curious about your cooking skill.” “I won’t let you down. What time shall I pick you up?”

“Hyung, I want to introduce you to my best friends. Do you mind?”

“Not at all,” Seunghyun replied.

“I’ll text you my address and you can come about one hour from now, okay?”

“Alright. See you soon, Jiyong!” Seunghyun hung up the phone with a wide grin on his face.

~~

Seunghyun came right on time at Jiyong’s mansion. He looks handsome with black long sleeve and jeans, making Jiyong impressed more and more each time he sees him.

“Guys, meet Seunghyun hyung. Hyung, this is Youngbae and that is Seungri-ah,” Jiyong smiled brightly as he introduced his crush to his best friends.

“Hello everyone!” Seunghyun greets friendly. “Hello, Seunghyun hyung!” Seungri replied with a cheerful tone while Youngbae stared at Seunghyun with scrutinizing eyes. “Mind  if I called you just by name, Seunghyun?” Youngbae asked coldly. “No, I don’t mind,” Seunghyun replied with a calm tone.

“Youngbae-ah..” Jiyong felt uneasy. “Jiyong, I brought you something. I hope you like it,” Seunghyun handed him a box of Droste Tulips chocolate. “Oh, thank you. I love chocolate!” Jiyong happily accept the gift.

Youngbae took a sip of his cola, “Seunghyun, I heard a lot about you,” he said as he put the glass on the table. “Really? Well, I hope you heard good things about me.”

“I just want you to remember one thing, don’t fool around with Jiyong. Because if you do, you’ll be dealing with me and I won’t let you get away with that. Arasso?”

Seunghyun smiled, “And why would I fool around with Jiyong? I care about him as much as you do, Youngbae.”

Youngbae chuckled cynically, “Nice to hear that. But just keep it in your mind, I swear I’ll come after you if you hurt him.” “Youngbae-ah! Stop it!” Jiyong shouted. “Youngbae hyung, please calm down,” Seungri pleaded.

 Seunghyun smirked, “Fair enough. I’ll keep that in mind.”

Youngbae stood up and grabbed his favorite Chrome Hearts hoodie, “Alright then. I’m leaving now, Jiyong. Nice to meet you, Seunghyun.”

“The pleasure is mine, Youngbae,” Seunghyun replied.

Jiyong shook his head, he just don’t get it why his best friend acting that way. “Ah, Jiyong hyung and Seunghyun hyung, I’ll leave too. It’s nice to meet you, Seunghyun hyung, I hope we will meet again. Have a nice weekend, guys!” Seungri bowed politely and walk to the door.

Jiyong sighed, “Hyung, I apologize for Youngbae’s rudeness. He is a good guy, you know. Maybe today isn’t a good day for him.”

“It’s okay, Jiyong. He’s just being protective to you, I understand that. You don’t have to worry,” Seunghyun patted Jiyong’s shoulder, “Shall we go to my place now?” Jiyong nodded, “I’ll go get my bag.”

~~

“Welcome to my apartment, Jiyong,” said Seunghyun as he open the door. Suddenly a cute tabby cat run to them, well to Seunghyun actually. “Hello Diva!” Seunghyun greets the cat lovingly and took her to his embrace. “I didn’t know that you have a cat, hyung,” said Jiyong as he Diva’s head gently.

“Are you allergic to cat?” Seunghyun asked worriedly. “No. I like cat also,” Jiyong giggles as Diva begin to Jiyong’s finger. “Lucky you, Jiyong. Usually this little lady don’t like strangers but it seems that she likes you.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Jiyong smiled as he scanning the living room. It’s a beautiful living room with minimalist style, dominated with earth tone color and some lovely plants decorating the room. The wooden floor makes the living room looks even more cozy and warm.

“You have a beautiful apartment, Seunghyun hyung and I really like your style. All the elements here reminds me of the nature,” said Jiyong, full with admiration. “Thank you. Do you want to drink something?” “A glass of water, please,” Jiyong replied.

Jiyong saw a picture of a lovely young woman with a small boy on her lap. “Who is she?” Jiyong asked when Seunghyun handed him the water. “My mother,” Seunghyun took the picture, a smile carved on his face as he remember the sweet memories he had with his mother.

“She’s beautiful, hyung. And that’s you, right?”

“Yeah, that’s me.”

Jiyong grinned, “You were a cute chubby boy back then.” Seunghyun laughed, “My mom can cook very well, that’s why I became so chubby. I miss her cuisine.” Jiyong saw a trace of sadness in Seunghyun’s face, making Jiyong wants to hug him.

“I’m sure you inherit her cooking talent, hyung!” Jiyong said cheerfully as he holding Seunghyun’s hand. Seunghyun smiled, “I’ll start to cook now. Do you like seafood?” “Yes! Yummy!”

“If you want, you can watch the TV while I’m cooking, Jiyong.”

Jiyong shook his head, “I want to stay with you in the kitchen. Maybe I can help you with something, hyung.” “Alright then,” Seunghyun replied as he wear the pink apron, making Jiyong giggles. “The pink apron suits you well!” “I can’t help it. Pink is always been one of my favorite color,” Seunghyun chuckled.

Seunghyun skillfully seasoning the salmon with the spices, cooking the rice, chopping the broccoli, red onion, carrot and also tomato, lettuce and cashew for the shrimp cocktail.

“Jiyong, will you help me with the plates?”

“Sure. Where do you put them?”

“In the first kitchen cabinet and you can find the utensils in the drawer right next to you.”

“Can I use these bamboo placemat?”

“Yup!”

Jiyong put everything neatly on the dining table. “Okay, you can sit now. Let’s begin with the appetizer. Oh, I almost forget the wine!” Seunghyun grabbed two wine glasses and opened a 2006 La Vigne Blanche Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc. “Here you go. Cheers!” Seunghyun make a toast and took a sip of his wine.

“It’s a good wine, hyung!” Jiyong said as he savoring the taste of the wine in his mouth.

“Alright, here is the shrimp cocktail with whiskey sauce. Eet smakelijk! It means ‘enjoy your meal’ in Dutch,” Seunghyun explained.

“Ah, I see. You can be my Dutch tutor,” Jiyong replied as he eat the shrimp cocktail. “Sure, why not.” They keep on talking about everything and after a while, Seunghyun stood up to grill the salmon and prepared the vegetables.

“Jiyong, this is the main course. Grilled salmon with soy sauce, garlic and chili flakes, accompanied by rice with stir fried broccoli, carrot and red onion. I hope you like it.”

“Wow, it looks great! Just like the professional chef in those chic restaurant!”

“Looks can be deceitful, Jiyong. Perhaps it looks good but the taste is bad.”

Jiyong took a bite from his meal, “Hyung, it’s delicious! Did you also put some sesame oil in the vegetable?” he asked as he widened his eyes. Seunghyun nodded, “Do you like it?”

“Of course! How can you cook so well?”

“I’ve been living on my own since I was 18 so I must be able to cook, right? I don’t really like junk food.. well, I went to McDonald’s sometimes but I’d rather not to. Besides cooking is one of my hobby,” Seunghyun explained.

“Who knows, one day you will open your own restaurant!” “Yeah! Life is full of surprise, right? Do you want more wine?” Seunghyun asked as he lift the wine bottle.

“Yes, please.” Seunghyun poured the wine into Jiyong’s glass. “And for yourself?” Jiyong asked when he saw Seunghyun didn’t pour  the wine to his own glass. “One glass of wine is enough for me tonight because I have to drive you home later,” Seunghyun replied.

He is handsome, kind, mature and very responsible. I really want him to be my lover..

“Why are you grinning like that?” Seunghyun’s voice make Jiyong awake from his reverie. “Oh..eh, I was just thinking, do I get dessert?” Although I’d rather to have you as my dessert, only you with nothing on but whipped cream! Mmmm!

Seunghyun smiled, “Of course! I have mango pudding with nata de coco for the dessert. I remember that you are a mango monster, Jiyong!” The younger male laughed, “You knew me quite well, hyung.”

After they finished the dessert and put all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, both of them sitting next to each other on the couch. Diva purred when Seunghyun her soft fur and then curled herself into a ball on Seunghyun’s lap.

“She’s adorable..” Jiyong mumbled. “Diva can be naughty and act like a real ‘diva’ sometimes but I can’t imagine to live here without her. My little princess..” Seunghyun looked at his cat fondly.

Jiyong bite his lips. Okay, I’ll ask the big question now! “Hyung, do you have a lover?”

“No.” Yes!

“Will you be my lover?” Please say ‘yes’!

“Eh? Are you kidding?” Jiyong shook his head firmly, “I’m serious, hyung. Be my lover, okay?”

Seunghyun scratch his head, “Uh..well..” “What? Am I not good enough for you? You said that I’m cute and adorable, remember?” Jiyong frowned and pouted at the same time, making Seunghyun chuckled.

“Jiyong, are you always so impulsive?” Seunghyun asked with a wide grin on his face.

“Yah! This is not an impulsive act! I’m in love with you since I saw you in the library!”

“Whoa! Seriously?” Seunghyun gaped, making Jiyong felt even more silly now.

“Hmppfh!!” Jiyong crossed his arms and looked away. Darn it! This guy is really..

Suddenly Seunghyun put his arm around Jiyong’s shoulder, “Okay. I’m your lover now, Jiyong.” Jiyong hissed, “Don’t play game with my heart, hyung! Did you say that only because you feel pity for me or something?!”

Seunghyun smiled as he caressed Jiyong’s soft cheek, “No, I say that because I have the same feeling as you. But I was a bit scared if it’s too soon and it will freak you out eventually.” Jiyong begin to smile now, “Let’s drink for that,” he raised his wine glass.

“Wait, I’ll go get the wine and some juice for me,” Seunghyun stood up and laid Diva carefully in her velvet cushion. “Hyung, drink the wine with me,” said Jiyong. “I can’t. I must drive, remember?”

“Don’t worry about that. I want to spend the night here with you. I already brought my toothbrush, shirt and extra undies. That means, we can drink together, right?” Jiyong winked his eyes and smiled mischievously.

“WHAT????”

 

~TO BE CONTINUED~