it's all so cliche

all your little things [exo one-shot collection]

prompt: "your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me"

music

baekhyun/kris

words: ~700

 

Wu Fan has never been one for cliches, but Byun Baekhyun is Wu Fan’s own personal cliche and he doesn’t really mind him.

 

Baekhyun’s hands are small while Wu Fan’s are large; Baekhyun is on the shorter side while Wu Fan towers over the general population; Baekhyun is dainty with a slim body and nice fingers while Wu Fan is the epitome of masculinity. They’re supposed to be polar opposites, yet they attract each other like magnets (Wu Fan cringed when Lu Han pointed this out to him).

 

So when Baekhyun grabs Wu Fan’s much larger hand and lets his fingers slip in between the spaces that Wu Fan’s leave, the elder can’t help but blush and let a smile creep onto his face. They truly are the personification of a cliche, and everyone around them likes to point it out.

 

“You guys are so stereotypical... kind of,” Jongin says, slurping obnoxiously on his bubble tea.

 

Wu Fan throws him a disapproving look. “Thanks?”

 

“Well, it’s kind of cute,” Lu Han jumps in, taking his attention off of Sehun for a second to join in on the conversation.

 

“What’s with all of this ‘kind of’?” Baekhyun has that little smile slash smirk on his face and Wu Fan just knows he’s going to say something that will probably embarrass him. “I think we’re the cutest couple in this whole mall and we are totally stereotypical.”

 

Wu Fan groans inwardly, covering his only slightly red face with his large hand and refusing to smile when he hears Baekhyun’s tinkling laughter. “Why do you say these things.”

 

“Because it’s true!” Baekhyun insists, removing Wu Fan’s hand from his face and putting it in it’s proper place: intertwined with Baekhyun’s own.

 

“I take it back. You two are so cute and stereotypical it makes me want to puke,” Jongin scrunches up his face into a look of disdain and probably wishes he didn’t volunteer to be the fifth wheel this time.

 

 

 

This time Wu Fan grins because: one, he loves annoying Jongin; and two, Baekhyun is smiling ear to ear, flashing those perfect white teeth and stretching his perfect pink lips into a smile Wu Fan can’t resist imitating.

 

“You’re just jealous because Kyungsoo won’t take a hint,” Lu Han grins wickedly and Wu Fan thinks Jongin just might punch him in the face. (Kyungsoo is a touchy subject around Jongin.)

 

“Okay, okay,” Wu Fan chides. “behave yourselves, children.”

 

Lu Han still looks like a cheshire cat and Jongin is still pouting, but at least no one will go home with a black eye.

 

“So,” Sehun finally speaks. “what are you guys doing for your anniversary?” He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and this time Jongin really might throw up.

 

“I don’t know, maybe something like giving each other roses and chocolate then going out for dinner and a movie,” Baekhyun says. “All the cliche stuff.”

 

Everyone laughs because “that’s a terrible idea” and “who even does that anymore,” but Wu Fan isn’t totally opposed to the idea. His roses don’t have to be red, and maybe he’ll get those dark chocolate truffles Baekhyun likes so much. They can watch Baekhyun’s favorite movie (The Notebook) and the younger can sit between Wu Fan’s legs on the floor as the taller leans up against the couch and rests his chin on Baekhyun’s head. Dinner can consist of street food and green tea ice cream that Wu Fan will insist on (and not because it tastes good on Baekhyun’s lips after they’re done eating it) because they never really eat unhealthy food anymore.

 

“That sounds nice,” Wu Fan comments on their walk home, letting his large hand rest on Baekhyun’s small waist.

 

Baekhyun leans into Wu Fan’s touch, his head barely coming up to Wu Fan’s broad shoulders. “What does?”

 

“‘All the cliche stuff.’”

 

Baekhyun smiles. “I thought you didn’t like cliche.”

 

Wu Fan wills his lips to pull up only a bit. “Well, I figured that a cliche is cliche for a reason; enough people thought it was good enough to repeat. So why can’t we?”






 

~

this is me trying to overcome writers' block

i'm sorry.

p.s. this is more of a drabble ;;;;