Something's Not Right

Swimming in Our Endless Glances

 

TGIF! I get to see Eunyoung in class again. Now that she knows me, I guess I can talk to her more, right?

I called her as she came into the door, “Eunyoung!”. She looked at my direction. I waved at her. But as soon as she saw me, she had this weird expression. She looked at me as if she was wondering how I knew her name. She just stared at me, furrowing her brows, and then went to her seat.

Our class was only an hour and a half. But I felt like it went for more hours. I couldn’t listen to our professor. I just kept looking at my watch, and back to Eunyoung, waiting for the class to end. I wanted to approach her and talk to her. I wanted to know why she’s acting like she didn’t know me at all.

Yesterday’s bus ride kept flashing back into my mind. I was sure that it was her. And I was sure that I talked to her.

“Hey, Minhyuk, wake up,” my seatmate, Eunkwang, said, “class is over,” Wow. So I fell asleep.

I looked at her seat, and she’s gone. Why is my life like this?

 

I just kept walking after class, not caring where my feet will take me. I’m really frustrated. Why did I sleep in class when I surely had the chance to talk to her after? Why is she acting as if she does not know me at all? Why??

I bumped onto someone, stopping my thoughts, “Oh, sorry,” I said.

“It’s alright,” the person said. I looked at her face, hearing a familiar voice.

“Eunyoung…” , I said that aloud.

Her brows furrowed again. “Hey, how did you-- You’re the one who called me, a while ago, in class, right?” she asked, I think she’s really curious why I know her name. “Are you following me?”

“No,” I looked around, looking for an excuse. Good thing we were at the bus stop. “I was on my way home,”

“Are you really? Or are you stalking me??” her eyes narrowed.

“I’m not! I swear,”

“Then how did you know my name?”

“You told me”

“I told you? How come I don’t remember?”

I was asking myself the same thing. “I don’t know”

“When and where did I tell you, then?”

“Last Wednesday, on the bus,” Now I remember! “You were even the one who approached me.”

“I was? Why couldn’t I remember anything?”

I remember everything clearly now. I answered her question confidently, “Because you were drunk,”

“Hey, how did you know I was drunk last Wednesday?? You’re stalking me, are you?”

“I’m not. I was on my way home when you got on the bus. Then you told me your name. Then you slept on my shoulder. I even sent you home.”

She paused for a while. She seemed to be thinking deeply. “How can you prove that what you’re saying is true?”

How, Minhyuk?? Think. Fast. “I can send you home again,” I said, with confidence.

Her eyes widened, not knowing how to respond. I guess she didn’t expect that. So she had this side to her. She’s so cute when she doesn’t know what to do.

“Here’s the bus, shall we?” I motioned my hands to the door, escorting her in.

We got in and took seats at the back of the bus. So did the other commuters. It was a jampacked bus, so we had to sit next to each other.

Awkward silence filled the bus as I tried to think of what to tell her. I really wanted to be close to her, get to know her more, know why there’s such sadness in her eyes.

She looked out the window, still deep in thought. I just kept looking at her, amazed by her beauty, curious about her.

“I guess this is gonna be a long ride. Your stop’s the last, right?”

She smiled a sarcastic smile at me, confirming what I just said. I saw this Eunyoung again, so cute.

“Last stop!” the driver called, just like he did last Wednesday.

“After you,” she said. I think she’s challenging me whether I can really send her home.

We got off the bus. “You really don’t believe me, don’t you?”

She shook her head and just kept following me as I walked my way to her house. Good thing I had good memory. Who would forget the day they knew the name of the girl they liked? Who would forget the day when they knew where she lived? I know I wouldn’t.

We just kept walking until we got to her house. “We’re here,” I said with a bright smile.

She sighed. “Alright, you win,” she said in defeat, “I believe you now.”

I patted her head. “Thanks.” I smiled at her.

“What’s your name, then?”

“Minhyuk, Lee Minhyuk.”

“Eunyoung, Joo Eunyoung,” she said, smiling.

You finally smiled today. I was waiting for that all day. “Nice to, err, formally meet you, Eunyoung.”

“I’m sorry that you had to see me drunk.”

“Nah~ it’s nothing. I wouldn’t want to see you go home in that condition, anyway.”

“Would you like to grab something to eat?”

“Sure,” I said. I couldn’t hide the smile on my face.

I feel like were on an unofficial date. Only backwards. I sent her home before eating; great. And she was the one who ‘asked me out’. She’s really not like other girls. I sighed in amusement.

“Hey, why are you smiling like that?” she asked me. She couldn’t help but smile as well.

“Nothing, I just like this”

“Like what?”

“Getting to talk to you.”

“What’s there to like about talking to me?”

“Because in class, I always just stare at you. I never got the chance to talk to you since you’re so far away”

“Oh… that’s why you seem like you don’t always listen to our professor”

I chuckled. “Yeah, I could not pay att—wait, how did you know that I don’t listen to our professor?”

My smile went from ear to ear as she blushed and looked away.

“Let’s eat here,” she pulled me towards this nice looking coffee shop.

We ate and talk comfortably. But she kept changing the topic whenever I bring up my listening to the professor thing. I guess she was really shy to admit that she was staring at me to. Haha. Kidding.

 

After we finished eating, I sent her home… again. She was smiling wider this time, though. I looked into her eyes today and I didn’t see the usual sadness that I see. I was glad that I made her happy for the day.

“Thanks for your time, Minhyuk, I had fun.”

“No problem, you can call me anytime”

“How can I call you, I don’t even have your number yet,” she said. This is what’s amusing about her, she’s just so straightforward.

I gave her my number as she gave me hers. Now it will be easier to find her. Now I can finally talk to her more often.

“You should get in, it’s getting late.”

“Alright, see you in class,” she waved goodbye.

“See you. Good night,”

“Good night,” I said, smiling ever so brightly. I watched her as she went in her house, also smiling. I could not hide the happiness I feel as I walked away.

 

I feel so happy today. And I thought yesterday’s the best day of my whole life. I guess I’ll never say that again, and look forward to tomorrow. I’ll never know if tomorrow might be better than today.


Wiee~ updated again after some time. :D Sorry if it is a short update. But I'll be updating more often now. :D

Hope you liked this chapter. :)

and can i just say, I miss BTOB. ㅠㅠ

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE :D