My New Dreamland

Swimming in Our Endless Glances

 

I let out a sigh as me and my friends wait for our turn in this never ending line. It is like this every semester. And no, we are not yet lining up to pay. We are lining up to get our subjects. And it's not that easy. First come, first serve. That's the rule here. Come late, and you won't have classes. That's why we woke up early so that we can get not only the best subjects available, but also the subjects we NEED.

“Next!” The registration assistant yelled. I immediately stood up and went to the registration table. “You're very lucky you know. Only a few slots are left.” She said to me, smiling. 

What a relief. I don't want to fall in line again. I just need one more class to complete my requirements. 

“May I have your form?” I gave it to her.

“What schedules are available?” I asked as she checked my form.

“Here” I looked at the remaining schedules. Only one is compatible with mine. And it's very early. But I have no choice. I need a class. I then looked at the slots. Shoot! Only one slot left. I won't be able to go with my friends. Then again, I have no choice. 'I'll take it.' I quickly said to her before other students take my slot. My friends went in as well. Good thing they've snatched slots.

 

As we went out of the subject enlistment area, we went to lunch. We were sooo hungry. Can't believe we lined up so long just for one subject. Oh well, at least all we have to do now is pay.

“Will we be classmates anywhere?” Ilhoon asked as he took my form. He's always like this. Taking stuff from me and my other friends without our permission. We're used to it now, though. That's just how Ilhoon is. “Sungjae will be my classmate in Math.” He added, although we weren't asking. His happy face turned sad. “I think I can only see you during breaks, then. We don't have a class in common.” He told me. I sighed. Though this guy talks a lot, I wanted him to be my classmate somewhere. He has a lot of thoughts on everything.

“I think we're in the same English class, Minhyuk.” Hyunsik told me as he took my form from Ilhoon, comparing it with his. “Oh, Sungjae's in it too.” Great! The more the merrier.

“Am I not in your class?” Ilhoon asked, not wanting to be alone in a class.

Hyunsik compared our forms with Ilhoon's. “I think not.”

“Waaa~ I don't want to be alone in a class.” Ilhoon whined.

“You're Ilhoon! I'm sure you'll make friends as soon as you sit on your desk.”

Ilhoon can only smile. He knew Hyunsik was right. He was not the only one who will be alone in class though. I will be too. *sigh* I didn't want to be alone in our Science class. If no one would talk to me, the probability of me sleeping in the auditorium is, like, 99%. The only reason I won't sleep, is if the speaker will catch my attention, make me interested. And that is very hard to do. Hence the 1%.

 

A few weeks later, it was the first day of school. I carried my feet as I walked to class - Science. This class was very early, 8 o'clock in the morning. I normally have classes at around 10 in the morning. So this really early in my standards.

I arrived at the entrance of the auditorium. Only to see a crowd who seem to be looking at a piece of paper posted on the door. 'SEATING ARRANGEMENT' My eyes widened. How can I possibly sleep if I get a front row seat?? My beauty sleep will be ruined! I quickly checked the paper and searched for my name among the squares which represented each seat for each student. How many are we in this class? There are so many seats. Ah! I finally found my name. 44th row, 10th seat from the aisle, a good spot for sleeping.

I got in the auditorium and looked for my seat. It was right across the air conditioning unit of the auditorium. Plus, it was far from the stage so the speaker won't even notice if I sleep here. All the hours of sleeping and dreaming to be made. Woohoo! This is just great. All the time I spent on lining up to enlist in this subject was all worth it. Could this class be any better?

“Excuse me... But... You wouldn't mind if I sleep won't you?” I asked my seatmate.

“Not at all,” he replied, “I was also planning to sleep.” We laughed.

“I'm Minhyuk, by the way.”

“Peniel.”

“Nice to meet you. And, uhm... Sweet dreams?” We laughed again, it seems like I found someone like me.

I guess Ilhoon isn't the only one who makes friends easily. I guess this class could get better. I have a very friendly seatmate who wouldn't mind if I slept. Ahh~ I'm very excited to go to dreamland.

As we were waiting for today's speaker to arrive. Peniel was already asleep. Wow, he was serious about his plan. Time to execute mine, too.

I closed my eyes. I was about to go to dreamland when a group of friends came in the auditorium, laughing so loud that it can be heard from my seat. I frowned. Who dare interrupt my journey to dreamland?

I opened my eyes and saw two guys and a girl laughing out loud. At that moment everything slowed down, maybe this was part of my journey to dreamland. I looked at the girl, suddenly drawn to her. She looked at me, too, as if feeling my eyes on her. She smiled at me and quickly looked away. I was staring at her as she went to her seat. She was still laughing with her friends only to stop when she got to her seat. She waved at them when they went to their seats as well. She was seating on the front row near the aisle on the other side of the auditorium. I can clearly see her from here. I continued to look at her. She looked back, allowing me to see her face again. I guess she was searching for her friends. She smiled at one of them directly behind her. Then she smiled and wave to my direction as well. Was she waving at me? I quickly verified. Nah, she was waving at her friend, behind me. It's alright, I got to see her smile.

I didn't need to sleep to be in a dream. This class, this seat, is my dreamland.


How was the first chapter? Did you like it? :D

Will probably upload Chapter 2 tomorrow. :)

 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE. :)