Character Development

People stopped writing like this in 5th grade.

So Hi sorry for not updating for a while.

This is for my yeobo Chanyeol, or Donut- better known here on AFF - Kai mgr.

As I understand rs most fanfictions literally start in the middle of life as the Characters know it, especially those based on real life. Like, I open a fanfiction and the author just expects me to know why Kai loves dancing so much, and simply makes him a dancing machine. /rolls my eyes.

Fanfictions should be approached like Novels, the story hasn't been heard before. You should assume that the reader knows nothing about the characters, and thats how it should be. After all you're simply borrowning their names. the character should be completely yours.

Even though you're basing it on Kai's real life characteristics, you should not use these preassumptions on your character. And even if you're using the cliche of Kai being a dancing machine, you should really be thinking about the purpose of this, and why he is  a dancing machine. 

Example;

 

Kai is a dancing machine, he called Taemin to join him for practice.

Jongin has been dancing ever since he could learn to control his wild limbs. As he grew with these limbs of his, he quickly learned he could only find satisfaction in the ache of his body after a hard core dance routine. Today, he  was unbelievably restless for his debut, So he picks up the phone and dials his best friends number. The older boy shouldn't have schedules today. When the dial tone stops with an abrupt Yobsehyo?  Jongin quickly replies. "Taemin hyung- can we dance?" Those simple words, and its reply, wore him out  for the whole day. He found himself slumping down to his bed with a small smile on his face. Maybe I can wait a little more for debut.

 

Do you  guys get me? Like... everything you write should have a purpose, that either sets the scene or in this case, develops and gives more insight to the character.

 

No gif spam because I'm in  school but I might add some later. Does anyone want to request the next chapter? I'm thinking of how to use descriptions and replacments for cliches? ;;


chakaisoo3.jpg

 

 

 

A small you for those who don't ship Chankai/Kaisoo/Chankaiso <3 ( you.)