Titles.

People stopped writing like this in 5th grade.

 

 

Okay, here I am. A story. 

Firstly, before I spam you with tips, lets take a trip down memory lane and see what we'll find, hmm?

Now remember you first ever bedtime story? Well, I doubt it. But can you remember a book you used to cherish? Okay, even a kids film will do. Remember its title? What was it?

Orginal.

Right? For me, it was a ton of Hans Christian Andersen stories, which I'm sure will ring a bell if I mention a few now.

 

  • The ugly duckling
  • The little mermaid
  • The snow queen

And many others to be honest, but look at them, these titles, the titles from your childhood. What do they all have? Orginality. They all have unique names that ring many bells in many ears. I'm sure theres orginality in the books you read now, if any. But more on that later.

 

Be orginal! Make your title orginal!

How, you ask? Well. Think.What would make your readers think "Wow that looks intresting I'll read the description!*" 

Think of  title that would scream "READ ME!" like Kai did the screamo in MAMA =3

*Yep, it aint over yet. Description in next chapter

If your anwser is name it after a K-pop song! Then shoot that idea in the face til it goes away or dies.

Why? Because do you know how many fanfics there are entitled Sorry, Sorry. Tell me. Replay, Lucifer? Yeah, probably well alot. 

HOWEVER. Naming a song after a lyric, that fits in with the fic is totally fine. Also, naming it after a cool song that no-one has thought to use for a fic yet is totally cool too. Infact encouraged.

ALSO, /sighs/ DONT GIVE AWAY THE WHOLE PLOT IN THE TITLE.

/sighs/ I have seen SO many fics that go something like this;

"I'm pregnant with Minho's baby, what should I do?!"

These fics make me chuckle, because, whats the point of writing a fic, building up tension and stuff when I can  pretty much tell what happens just by the title. Oh and your description is probably the same too* 

*More on that later

Instead, try and think of an orginal title. Or brainstorm a few ideas.  Heres a few questions to answer, which might get your creative juices flowing.(Minds out of the gutters please guys)

 

  • Something a character is most likely to say, or the narrator.Good example, is Ugly Duckling. Someone else called him that, right? I don't know, I cant remember.
  • An action, something the character does, like, 'Throwing away memories.'
  • 1-5 words that describe your fic? "Progressive Education" By BrandedButterfly*. Basically about progress in a relationship in School ;3

* I love her okay, expect more fangirling. 

  • Something the character thinks?
  • A name of a place, specific. Like, A cafe or boutique? Serendipity.
  • A cooool adjective~

I'm sure theres plently more, but for now thats me done. 

AND Then.......

Ask yourself,

"Could any Bob, Dylan or Ryan think of such a title?" AKA could 300 people come up with the same title? If the answer is yes, try rethinking/rewording the title a bit. 

And remember, always think about the reader, otherwise, who are you writing for, hmm?

(cr: in foreword)


 

Alright, now, first chapter is over. Dear Donut- I know you want how to improve your writng style, but I gotta get the basics over first ;3

Sighs. I hope this really helped~

All the people that  subbed

#BLESS YOU GUYS

#RespectForUnderstanding

#IKnowThisAintTwitterKk

Now~ THE GIF SPAMM

On the right, he imitates holding Key's , On the left, Taemins. He makes it clear that he prefers Key's.

^ You guys ^

 

Kris's Derp faces + Exotics with photoshop '~'

I watched something the other day. -giggles inapropriatly-

Yes you are Tae =3

 

*DRUMROLL PLEASE*

Taemin finger Minho's (Y)

 

Myface: