Chapter 3

Our Love Story

Luhan stood there frozen. Mrs.Kim tapped him "uhh Luhan, you can go to your seat now, please." Luhan shyly bowed his head and started walking slowly to his seat. 

When Luhan sat down, Lay looked at him weirdly and asked "are you ok? Is something wrong?" Luhan got nervous and said "n-no. Everything's ok!" And he laughed weirdly, which Lay just nodded and turned around to face the teacher.

Luhan really wanted to turn around to look at Sehun but he was too shy. So he purposely dropped his pencil. When he was about to pick it up, he felt a hand lifting his pencil and he thought Is that hand

"Here you go." And then he saw Sehun handing him his pencil with that beautiful smile of his. He just wanted to stare at him all day until Sehun waved his hand at him. "Oh, umm thanks." Luhan took his pencil while slowly dying inside. "No problem. So you're-" and the bell rung, which meant that class was going to start. 

What was he going to say? Ugh stupid bell Luhan thought. Then he saw a piece of paper being placed on his desk by a familiar hand. He turned look at Sehun and saw him writing notes that was on the board. Then Luhan started writing and then he remembered the paper. He grabbed it and open it up and it said 

So you're new here right? :)

Luhan smiled, but then he thought Wait. Doesn't he remember when we met? Did he forget? The thought made him frown and he wrote down something.

Then when Mrs.Kim turned her back, he quickly placed the paper on Sehun's desk then started writing on his notebook. 

Sehun looked at the paper and opened it up.  

Yes. I'm new here :D How's this school like?

Sehun thought about it for awhile, then wrote down his thought. Luhan wondered why he was taking so long, and that's when Sehun quickly threw the paper on Luhan's desk and started writing his notes. Luhan stopped writing and quickly opened up the paper. 

Welcome then! Well first, rumors spread around here so fast, so be careful who you trust! Some people could even blackmail you. So be VERY careful. And the poppies, aka popular kids, have fangirls and some even have fanboys. Don't worry, here, they're straight, bi, les, and gay people.. Some teachers here are very sweet and others will make your life a living hell. Some don't give homeworks and they'll give you the most easiest projects while others will give you detention for not bringing in homework -_- lunch, well you can't just sit wherever you want to, trust me. We mostly have food fights on the last days before holiday vacations, so I suggest you bring extra clothes. Well that's it I guess. Oh! And "supposedly" you can automatically become popular by either joining a team or being in one of the talent shows that we have every school year. Just saying ;)

Luhan thought Should I ask him if he's straight, bi, or g-gay? God no he'll think I'm weird! Then he read further ahead and thought Well I'm kinda good at soccer, should I tryout? I'll think about it later.. God he winked! DO NOT BLUSH LUHAN!  Then he noticed that they filled up the paper, front and back. Then Luhan secretly put the paper in his pocket, so that he could keep it for memories. It's not weird right? Just when he was about to rip out another piece of paper, the bell rang. 

He quietly packed up while Lay was waiting for him. "Luhan." He slowly turned around, hoping he wasn't blushing. "Y-yeah?" Why did you stutter?! "What class do you have next?" Luhan took his schedule out and handed it to Sehun. While Sehun was looking, someone said "Sehun, you coming?" Sehun turned to look at the person and said "yeah Kris, just wait." Kris looked at Luhan and said "well, welcome to this school. Just be careful with who you tell secrets to and stuff." Luhan smiled and said "yeah I heard."

Sehun looked up at Luhan and asked "you dance?" Luhan smiled and nodded. Then Sehun gave Luhan's schedule back and said "well we have 5 classes together. This one, dance class, history, algebra, and lunch, even though it's not a class. Oh and I guess we're friends now right?" Luhan felt excited and said "yes! I mean yeah I guess." Sehun turned to look at Kris and said "oh this is my best friend, Kris. And Kris, well you know him now right?" Kris nodded and asked "you're Chinese right?" Luhan said "yep! Are you?" Kris said "yes I am, my real name's Wu Yifan but people call me Kris. Just like Lay, his real name's Zhang Yixing but people call him Lay. Well we better get going, see you later Luhan and Lay." He pulled Sehun's arm and quickly walked to the door and  before going out the class, Sehun waved and said "I'll see you later Luhan!" Luhan waved back and blushed.

Lay looked at him and said "so you're friends with him now, right?" Luhan nodded and said "aren't you friends with him?" Lay shook his head and said "I really don't get along with him or his friends. Kris is the only one I get along with. The rest, I don't know, I just don't get along with them." While they were heading to their next class, Luhan asked "who are Sehun's friends?" Lay said "well you already know Kris, Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongdae, aka Chen, Kim Junmyeon, aka Suho, and Kim Jongin, aka Kai. And in dance class, we have Sehun and Kai. Rumor has it that Kai likes Sehun and he'll make any person that tries to get Sehun a living hell. People think that Sehun knows and others think they're secretly dating, but if they were really dating, they'd walk home with each other because they live in the same street. Every time after school, they go separate ways for some reason, so that's how I know they're not dating." Woah, this Kai guy sure sounds scary, but that won't stop me from liking Sehun.

____________

When they got to their dance class, Luhan was amazed by the students' talents. They're so talented. What if I'm not good enough? Luhan started to worry but decided to push his worries aside and focus. Luhan sat down next to Lay and Lay said "I think you're gonna have to dance today." Luhan widened his eyes and said "w-what?! Why?!" Lay thought Why are you so cute? Then he said "well on the first day of school, we had to show our dancing skills to the teacher. So I'm guessing since you're knew, he will want to see your skills." Luhan got even more worried and Lay put his hand on top of Luhan's and said "don't worry. I know the teacher and us will be blown away by your dancing! Believe me." Luhan softly smiled and said "thanks lay. You're the best!" That made Lay blush, so he slowly lowered his head and mumbled "no problem."

Then the door opened and Sehun and another boy that was beside him walked into the class. Lay tapped Luhan and said "that's Kai." Sehun approached them and said "hey Luhan" and sat besides him. Luhan smiled and greeted back. When Kai sat besides Sehun, he said "Kai, this was the new student I was talking about. He's Luhan. And Luhan, this is Kai." When Kai turned to look at Luhan, his eyes spoke I hope you're only his friend. And Luhan's eyes spoke I'm not scared of you . Then the atmosphere was so awkward because one, Luhan doesn't like Kai, two, Kai may not like Luhan and three, Sehun and Lay don't talk to each other.

Minutes later, the teacher, Mr. Lee came in and welcomed the class and the class welcomed back. "Okay so I heard that I was having a new student. Please raise your hand if you are new." Luhan slowly raised his hand and Mr. Lee said "oh there you are! What's your name?" "Xi Luhan." "Welcome Luhan! I don't know if anyone told you but you are gonna have to show your dancing skills. If you're shy, don't worry. Everyone was on the first day. Just relax and just dance. We're just gonna watch while not talking, right class?" "Right."

Mr. Lee sat down and Luhan stood up, walking to the front of the class, looking at his reflection on the mirror. "Show me what you got kid. Remember, just relax and imagine you're here alone. Just you and your reflection." Luhan looked at the mirror and saw Lay giving him a thumbs up, Sehun smiling at him, and Kai looked at Sehun, then glared at Luhan. Before Mr. Lee put on the music, he asked "ready Luhan?" And Luhan nodded his head. The song was on and he told himself Just lose yourself in this song.

And that's when he started dancing gracefully. He followed the beat of the song and the students looked at him in awe, even the teacher. Sehun whispered "Kai, isn't he great?" Kai looked at Sehun and whispered "ehh I guess." Right when the song was about to end, Luhan impressed everyone with his spin and then he slid on the floor with his knees. That's when everyone clapped and cheered, except for Kai, who just looked at him. 

"Oh my god Luhan! I didn't know you had so much talent! Wow you definitely impressed us so much! Right class? "YES!" Luhan laughed and said "thank you guys, and thank you Mr. Lee" and bowed. Mr. Lee patted his head and said "you're a very talented kid. Well done" and he gave him a thumbs up. "Class, today you can sit and talk but tomorrow we'll learn some dance moves okay!" "Okay!"

When Luhan went back to sit down, Lay and Sehun said at the same time "you were so wonderful!" Then Lay and Sehun just looked at each other and looked away. Lay said "you see! I told you not to worry! I didn't know you had so much talent. You really impressed me Xi Luhan." And Luhan smiled and said "haha thanks" which made Lay's heart beat faster.

Sehun looked at Luhan and said "you were really great. You danced so gracefully! And that spin was so wonderful. You spin just like Kai!" And Luhan asked "oh really?" And he saw Kai looking at him and Luhan smirked and said "I guess we have something in common right?" Kai smirked back and said "I guess we do." Then they glared at each other and looked away, which made Sehun confused.

Sehun told Luhan "anyways, remember the talent shows that I was talking about? Well most of us participate and sometimes we have solo dances, group dances, or you partner up with someone. There's one coming up I think in about 2 to 3 weeks. But you have to sign up a week before." Luhan said "oh that's great. Will you participate?" Sehun thought about it and said "I guess I will, but I don't know if I'll do a solo or partner up with someone." 

Kai was overhearing their conversation and asked Sehun "if you partner up with someone, who would it be?" "I don't know, why?" He threw a dirty look at Luhan and said "just asking."

Not wanting to look at Kai, Luhan turned to look at Lay and asked "will you participate in the talent show that's coming up?" Lay said "yep! Will you?" Luhan said "I don't yet." Lay asked "if I partner up with someone, would you like to be my partner, you know if you want to." Luhan smiled and said "of course!"

____________

The bell rang and Sehun said "Luhan, we have history next, and there's an empty seat behind me, which is next to Kai's, would you like to sit there?" Luhan thought Ugh I want to sit by him but sitting next to Kai? I'll feel so uncomfortable. Lay looked at him and said "if you want, you could sit next to me." And Luhan quickly nodded his head and turned to Sehun and said "sorry I'll sit with Lay." Sehun looked at Lay, then Luhan and said "it's okay."

Right when they were gonna enter the classroom, Kai dropped his notebook and said "Luhan, can you pick it up please?" Luhan look at him weirdly and Lay said "I'll wait for you inside." And Sehun walked in too. When Luhan picked up his notebook and gave it too Kai, he asked him "you like Sehun don't you?" Luhan widened his eyes and said "w-what?" Kai smirked and said "I can just see it by the way you look at him and the way you talk to him. And before you ask, yes I like him. No, I love him. And you know that I don't like you and I know you don't like me. So we're kinda like enemies, rivals right? Hate to say this but you dance well. Plus you did the spin, which is what I usually do. I'll let you take that credit you got, but I won't let you take Sehun. He's gay, has no interest in girls. I wasn't gonna let you be friends with him, but I'll give you a chance. But don't take him away from me, you will regret it. Just warning you."

Then Kai walked into the classroom, leaving Luhan to take in everything he was told. You're funny Kai. You think that'll stop me from liking Sehun? Hell no! I'll always like him no matter what you say! It's on .