Chapter 1/5

LOVE OVER KILLING

I woke up to an unfamiliar place. My eyes couldn't make out the place due to the sleep I just woken from. The scent of the area I was in, was very foreign to me. Something I haven't witnessed before. this wasn't my room...or anyone else's room I've ever been in. I smelled the aroma of gas and metal. I attemted to rub my eyes when I noticed, I was locked up. My wrists were tied in metal chains which would need to be opened with a key. They tied me to a bed's headboard. My eyes teared up, scared. Relax Hyoyeon. I mentally said to myself.

 

"Where am I" a yelp escaped my lips

 

No answer.

 

If it wasn't for the dark, faded light in the corner of the room, it'd be pitch black. I squinted my eyes for clearer vision to make out the room. There was a door in front of the bed, where a key hung around the handle.

 

"D-dad." I'm supposed to visit my Father's office today to make things up for him. We fought because he forgot the family dinner again the last day but he already apologized to me on the phone. I will surprised him and give my apologize- accepted-hug and kiss today but I dont know where I'am..

 

"Where am I?" I cried once more, a little louder.

 

Just as the words left my lips, the door swung open. Revealing a male figure, who's face I could'nt make out from darkness.

 

"Who are you?" I asked, alarmed.

 

"You don't need to know my name." He scowled.

 

Tears escaped my eyes, scared of who this guy was. "Place tell me why I'm here."

 

"Shut up!" He yelled, walking over to one of the nightstands and took out a stack of papers. He read them carefully, walking throughout the room.

 

Many emotions ran through me all at once. Hyoyeon isn't a weakling, so why I am I being one now? Corage then took over my daunt feelings. "Tell me who you are amd why I'm hear. Now." My jaw clenched.

 

He stopped roaming the room and slowly, brought his eyes to mine. "What did I just tell you?" His voice raised. "I told you shut the ing up and if you don't. I'll personally show you how. If I were you, I'd close my damn mouth."

 

I glared at him and mumbled "." Mostly to myself.

 

His eyes grew wide-hearing my whisper-and dropped the stack of papers, ambling towards me. His fist curled and soon  came into contact with my jaw. This guy just...punched me. I cried loudly, thingking how stupid  I am for playing smart.

 

"Yeah, cry." He muttered, as he let out a small laugh picking up the papers and left. I tried to caress by cheeck in instinct, but remembered my hands were far from free at the moment.

 

After countless hours, he returned into the room with a  tray of food. Crappy food, if you ask me. He flicked on the light, they opened.

 

"Aw, your poor cheek." He said in sarcasm and set the tray on the nightstand, as if I could reach it. Jerk!

 

"Be quiet." I grimaced, almost instantly regretting what I said.

 

The boy immediately gripped my neck into a tight hold, slightly choking me "What did you say?" He gritted his teeth.

 

"N-nothing." I panted. He slowly released my neck causing me to struggle for air.

 

"That's what I thought." He growled, flicking the light off and leaving the room again.

 

I dissolved in tears for a while, thinking how other teenagers are home safe or with their families, having a good time. Why can't I be one of them? I want to go home.

 

Just then, the door opened but this time revealing an older guy. Probably in his twenties. "And what do we have here?" He smirked. My eyes looked at his face then brought my attention to the gun in his right hand. "Oh don't worry about this." He held it up. "I', going to shoot you just quite yet."

 

"Please don't" I said softly.

 

"Kikwang come here, please!" He called through the doorway. That's when the same boy earlier appeared.

 

"What?" Kikwang asked.

 

The guy glanced at me. "When do we get rid of this one?" Was he referring to me?

 

Kikwang looked at me during his whole reply "Dont worry about her, Doojoon. I'll take care of it. Either way, she'll be gone."

 

"Alright." The guy-Doojoon-smiled and left the room. Kikwang the light switch and for the first time, I focused on his face. He had black messy hair and perfect shade of brown eyes. He's not what I expected. Damn ! He looks good for a kidnapper, I mentally shout myself.

 

"Oh , your face looks horrible." He seemed to be concerned. I hope he was talking about the possible bruise I could have on my face and not how ugly he thought I was. "Sorry." He apologized, but it didn't sound like he meant it at all.

 

I shook my head in disqust. "Why would you hurt me? Kidnapping me was enough."

 

"In all honesty, I don't care what the you say. You'll be gone soon enough." He snapped.

 

"I'll be gone?" Worry flowed throughout my body.

 

"Once you're kidnapped, you get killed. Well, in our system you do." He laughed dryly.

 

Our? Who's Our? Are there other teenagers in this building who are locked up, as I am? Questions kept occupying my brain. "But, why would you want to kill me? You dont know about me."

 

Kikwang sighed, furiously running a hand through his hair."I'm just a guy taking orders, alright? A plan is a plan."

 

"What plan?"

 

"Stop being so ing nosey, will you?" He bellowed.

 

A word wansn't said after that. I was paralyzed, knowing Kikwang and Doojoon were capable of taking my life at any given moment. One thing I was curious of, was that did I do to end up here.

 

Kikwang took the key from around the door knob and unlocked the chains, freeing my wrist. He smells good for a kidna-. I stop my self again. "If you even attempt to escape," He started. "just know, I'll find you and when I do..." He trailed off.

 

"I won't." I responded without hesitation.

 

"Good." And with that he left the room, turned off the lights and left me alone in the murky darkness.

 

I brought my knees to my face and hugged them tightly, svared of what tomorrow will bring.