Calm Before the Storm

Last Winter

         "Hey!"

         I felt pain. It ran up my spine and pounded in my head. Every sound was unusually loud. The person who had yelled stood over me.

        He had dark hair and eyes. And a grin that seemed to be mocking me. The man laughed.

        I think he scared me on purpose. But surely he didn't mean to hurt me… Right?

       He said something, but I couldn't hear him. The edges of my vision began to blur. I saw him offer his hand to me then everything went black.

        That was last winter. And I haven't seen him since. He took me to the hospital then left without a word. 

        It turned out that I had sustained a serious back injury and wouldn't be able to figureskate again until next year. I missed the competiton. And I swore I would get revenge. 

Present Day

          I open my eyes, stare at the ceiling for awhile, then get out of bed. Umma is making breakfast downstairs, I can smell it. Before leaving the room I share with my little sister, Maria, I check the calendar. Three more days… Three more days until I can figureskate again. 

          I shake Maria awake then walk downstairs and into the kitchen. 

         "How'd you sleep?" Umma asks. 

          "Fine," I reply, sitting down at the table. I'm not in the mood to talk. 

         "Did you wake up Maria?" she asks. 

          "Yes, Umma," I say. 

           "Where is she?"

           "I'm coming down the stairs!" Maria shouts.  

            "Hurry up! I'm serving breakfast!" Umma calls back as she hands me a plate of pancakes. 

             Maria walks in, smiling. She's holding something behind her back. "Unnie, guess what I have!"

            "You're eighteen. Why are you acting like a child?" I ask. 

            "Because of these!" she waves two tickets in front of my face. "We're going to see Super Junior's concert this afternoon!"

            "What?! How'd you...?" I ask, taking one of the tickets from her. 

            "My friend and her sister were going to go, but they got sick. So she gave the tickets to me," Maria says. "Pretty great, huh?"

            "Yeah, that's awesome," I say. "When are we leaving?"

            "Two hours," Maria answers. 

            I drop my fork and run upstairs, leaving my pancakes barely touched. For the next two hours, I try to make myself look just right. But I'm never satisfied with what I come up with. Finally, I decide to wear a white cowl-neck sweater and black skinny jeans. I leave my hair down and keep my makeup simple, mascara and light eyeliner. 

            Maria walks into our room. "Unnie, are you ready yet?"

            "Ne, let's go," I say. 

            We get into the car and begin the long drive. Maria looks out the window, trying to contain her excitement. I focus on the road as best as I can, hopping we'll get to the concert safely. 

             After forty five minutes of driving, we arrive. The place is packed and I spend nearly twenty minutes looking for a good parking spot. Maria and I get to our seats with a few minutes to spare. 

            "That took longer than I expected," I say. 

            Maria nods, staring at the stage. We're in the front row. I try not to fangirl too much. 

            Everyone is silent, waiting. After what seems like years, the members of Super Junior walk onto the stage. The crowd cheers wildly. 

          Sungmin smiles and waves. I watch as each member makes their entrance. Heechul walks onto the stage. I gasp. It was him! 

          He was the one who had caused my injury. He was the man I had vowed to take revenge on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, readers! I hope you like this chapter. I would love to hear your oppinions/ideas so please leave a comment telling me what you thought and what you think should happen next. Also, don't forget to subscribe. Thanks! I hope to update tomorrow.