Chapter 14: TOP as Shawn Stephen Lim

Love Dust

Note: The following scene came from my first fanfic, My Heart's Sonata, where TOP plays the role of Shawn Stephen Lim, a young piano genius. 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/362753/my-heart-s-sonata-bigbang-choiseunghyun-seohyun-seotop-tragicromance-snsd0romance

It’s the fourth day of shooting. The weather is very perfect for the next scene to be shot in an open air resto-bar located at the rooftop of one of the five stars hotel in Seoul. The dark night sky is filled with stars that shine and twinkle from above. The scene became much more perfect because of a comet that passed by...

“I think you really like them…” TOP said and was pertaining to the stars.

“Y --- Yes. Staring at them makes me feel relieve and happy.” Jade replied.

TOP smiled and stared at Jade’s childlike reaction while gazing at the stars.  He stood up and went to the grand piano...

“Ok... and... cut!” the director shouted.

“alright, everyone! The next scene will be shot in 15 minutes. Seung Hyun, please be ready for the solo shot.” the director announced.

“Yes, direct.” TOP replied.

After the scene, TOP went to the grand piano to rehearse his solo scene wherein he will play a classical sonata. Just for information, before the first shooting day, the production sent TOP to a private piano lessons program for few weeks. During this these weeks, he tried to study the basics in piano and learned to play some classical pieces. He even attended to some piano concerts to learn the genuine pianist emotions while playing the instrument.

The all black coat outfit totally emphasizes TOP’s lean body especially his long torso. His semi fitted black slacks made him look taller. With his overall looks, you can really tell that he’s a well respected young and smart pianist.

Everybody is captivated when TOP started to play. His thin long fingers gracefully dance on the piano keys. They move as if the piano is their stage. His head jives emotionally with the tune of his music. He closes his eyes to intensely give his best interpretation of the piece he’s playing. With his eyes closed, you can see the serene feeling of his music.

TOP’s manager is about to approach him but he decided let him to finish first the sonata since, everyone is enjoying. The classical and calm atmosphere is about to end. TOP opens his eyes and ends his semi-performance and rehearsal with a very light yet heart-warming emotion. Everybody claps including his manager.

“What a great performance! Bravo! You really play like a pro. Is that what you call only weeks of preparation? Very awesome.” The director praised TOP.

“Really, I thought that it’s quite amateurish and lack something.” TOP humbly replied.

“No, it’s perfect. Try again playing that piece when we film.” The director suggested.

“Actually, that’s the only piece I know.” TOP joked in reply.

“Excuse me, Mr. Lee, May I borrow him for a while?” TOP’s manager interrupted.

“alright, just come back in a few minutes.” The director replied.

Together with his manager, TOP bows respectfully to the director. In the indoor part of the resto-bar, TOP and his manager starts to converse...

“We already found a housekeeper. She’ll start tomorrow. She’ll do everything that Ms. Han had been doing except for cleaning your room.” TOP’s manager started.

“Yes, I know. It’s one of your ‘strict’ regulations... I won’t be in my condominium for the next few days that’s why there’s nothing to be worry about.”

“We’re just securing your privacy. I know that most of your important stuffs are in your room.”

“Yah right... I understand”

“and I forgot to tell you that we placed those things that identifies you inside your room. Plus, it’s a good thing that YG hire Mr. Kim to be your road manager. You both have almost the height and physique. That’s why there’s no reason for the newly hired to get confused who her boss is... she’ll be dealing with the laundry by the way. Speaking of laundry, I asked Mr. Park, your PA, to be responsible in changing your beddings and curtains inside your room and the new housekeeper will be still be the one to laundry them...”

“Wow, you plan really well. I would be very impossible for her to trace who I am. Unless...” TOP replied and gave his manager a silly look.

“Aish, don’t give me that look. I just don’t want that carelessness to happen again.”

“Well past is past. Let’s learn from the past and move on to the future.”

Regarding that past incident, it happened few years ago and months after Bigbang debuted. It was the time when all the Bigbang members were still staying in one house. Due to their busy schedules after their debut, YG decided to hire a housekeeper slash cook for Bigbang. Unfortunately, because of the not so strict screening of the possible applicants, they hired this superbly opportunistic woman. Her first days of work was still fine until she started to take some photos inside the Bigbang’s crib and take some Bigbang’s personal stuffs and sell them to the fans.  This opportunistic woman was sued and found guilty.