I Can't Trust You Anymore

I Tried my Best to Trust You

 

This is just too much now.

There was a woman’s voice and I know that could be any female worker, but with the way Jinyoung and the guys are acting…

I tried so hard not to even let any doubts of Jinyoung cross my mind, but…I can’t do it anymore.

I went to bed early to avoid speaking with Jinyoung.

 

“Hello?” I bit my lip as I answered the phone the next day. It was half past 6pm and I was so nervous.

“Noona, it’s Baro again. I really want to tell you that Jinyoung has been wi— He’s coming! Ah! Noona, sorry!” I let out a breath of frustration. I wish they could just spit it out!

 

Jinyoung walked past me in silence when he came back home. I stayed in my studio, not even working, just sitting there. After going through every day, I don’t want to see Jinyoung anymore.

 

“Ah ra! Jinyoung has been—”

Another dropped call.

 

“He is—”

Another day.

 

“Don’t you—”

The black dot of doubt is growing.

 

“I need to tell you that Jin—”

It’s a festering black dot of doubt.

 

“Noona! He is—”

A black dot that is too big to handle anymore.

 

It’s been another week. Just another day of nothing to do, only to think of Jinyoung.

My phone beeped from a text message.

It’s from Shinwoo… It was an image that I didn’t want to see; a woman hugging a man. A man that I thought I knew all too well. I guess I never saw him as a man who would cheat on his wife.

I tossed the phone onto my desk, just going to sleep before my mind’s thoughts tainted Jinyoung’s clean image more.

 

Morning. The sun was out, but I frowned when my phone rang again.

I don’t want to pick it up.

So I didn’t.

 

Jinyoung came home at 2am, not saying anything to me when I didn’t get up from my desk. I sat, just not wanting to think about Jinyoung after the past few weeks. It almost worked. “Are you busy?”

“Yes.” I answered without looking back at the doorway.

 

Another morning. Another phone call that gets cut off.

“Are you busy again…?” I choked a cry down when Jinyoung asked today.

“Yeah.”

 

I sat around a while, my cell phone ringing with a text around 10pm. I read it, not exactly knowing what to think.

Don’t’ say anything; don’t make a noise because I’m going to make this a video call to show you what’s been happening at work lately. PLEASE don’t make ANY noise!

I held my breath after reading Sandeul’s message. My phone started ringing and I stayed silent like he had asked. I wouldn’t dare make a peep once I accepted the call.

“Hyung, we’re telling you—” It was Baro and Shinwoo on screen, but their backs were facing the phone that Sandeul must have been hiding.

“Why are you guys like this? Stop butting in.” A woman’s voice. My heart clenched when I saw Jinyoung standing by her side, leaning against a counter. I already wanted to stop the call, but I stayed silent, just taking in the un-pleasurable view; Jinyoung’s arm was around her shoulder.

“Hyung! You know you can’t do this!” Gongchan’s voice.

“Yeah! You know that Ah—” Jinyoung shot a murderous glare at Shinwoo to cut him off. The woman sighed loudly, bringing everyone’s attention back to her.

“I guess I’ll just have to—” Jinyoung grabbed her face, smashing their lips together.

My eyes widened a little.

It wasn’t the kind of kiss he gives me.

It was a real kiss.

It had passion and energy.

I disconnected the line.

 

Baro POV

“Hyung…” Gongchan started after she had left.

“What?” Jinyoung replied distantly.

“What about Ah ra…?”

“I’m not doing anything wrong.” Sandeul and I gawked at him while Gongchan and Shinwoo crossed their arms.

“You’re cheating on her.” Shinwoo pointed out.

“I’m not.” Jinyoung must be really stupid if he doesn’t know that he’s cheating. He’s unbelievable.

“But you really loved Ah ra!” Shinwoo exploded.

“I still love her and only her!” Shinwoo grabbed Jinyoung’s collar.

“You may be our leader, but you don’t understand the words one and only.” Jinyoung shoved him off.

“I’m not cheating on her and I do understand those words very well.”

 

Ah ra POV

The front door clicked open, and I didn’t move today. I could feel Jinyoung walk by my studio, not saying anything. I kept my focus on my art project.

Continuing to work on my project, I would frown when I could easily tell that Jinyoung was walking by the studio door. I didn’t say anything or turn my head to see.

My ears could pick up on his footsteps starting to approach my desk. I could feel his soft breath against my ear. He was just silently watching, standing over my shoulder.

“I’m busy, could you go? I don’t want any bothersome distractions.” I couldn’t look at him in the eyes or else I felt like I would just tear up all of a sudden after that video call. He left quietly after a few never ending silent seconds.

 

I looked up from the project I should have been doing, but couldn’t focus on. It’s 4am… I should go to bed.

Walking into the bedroom, I stopped in the doorway, seeing Jinyoung still asleep.

I don’t want to sleep next to him…

 

Gongchan POV

“What are we going to do about Ah ra and Jinyoung…?” Sandeul asked Shinwoo.

“I don’t know…he’s cheating and she deserves much better.” I know that if Jinyoung is cheating, Shinwoo would probably be the most upset. He really liked Ah ra while Jinyoung and her were still just friends. I would say that Baro kind of had a crush on her too, but it was mainly between Jinyoung and Shinwoo.

Shinwoo accepted their relationship, but I know that if Jinyoung isn’t even being a good man to Ah ra, Shinwoo might even hit him.

Shinwoo knew Ah ra before he was a trainee, so I guess when we all met her, since they were pretty good friends, we just assumed that she was Shinwoo’s crush. I guess she soon turned into Jinyoung’s crush.

 

I can’t remember how Jinyoung and Ah ra started dating though… I know that she would talk a bit more with him than me, Sandeul, or Baro, but if someone had asked me if they were going to get married at that time, I would have just laughed and excused the joke.

We’ve known Ah ra for almost three years now and she’s only been married to Jinyoung for a little over a year. It’s obvious that we all love her as a friend and person even though it’s only been a few years.

But I can see that Jinyoung loves her on a completely different level. The look in his eyes when he smiles to her makes it apparent that he really loves her even if he doesn’t show her the most affection physically.

I don’t understand why he would cheat on her with one of our female stylists.

It doesn’t even look like he admires her very much, but…I know that he doesn’t kiss Ah ra the way he did before.

Jinyoung’s usually shyer around Ah ra when it comes to touching, but that wasn’t what I saw the other day with that stylist.

Maybe he’s just in it for the intimacy with her.

If anything, at least I would hope that is his only intention.