Don't Say a Word to Her

I Tried my Best to Trust You

 

I sighed out of boredom since Jinyoung was gone already. I worked on my art project, but there really wasn’t much to do today. Ah. I can answer more of those ask box questions.

Is your husband ever over protective of you? Mine is not…

Haha, Jinyoung is really…

Well, when my husband’s friends come over, he will make sure to sit in between me and the guys. It’s very obvious… He’ll also keep his arm around my shoulder and give me extra pecks on the cheeks which I know he wouldn’t naturally give out. I think he does it to make sure the others know that we’re together haha. Also, when I hug one of his friends he will randomly point and yell something like, “What’s that?!” And then grab me away from the other person while we look. So, yeah…he’s a bit over protective at times!

 

Eventually, Jinyoung finally came home, but he looked even more tired today… “Are you okay?” I asked him.

“Oh…yeah…” That sure sounds truthful. “Did you eat?”

“Yup. You?” He nodded, going to our room. “Do you have a lot of work lately…?” Jinyoung doesn’t like to talk out his problems, he’ll keep them bottled up inside.

“Yeah…I’ll tell you later. Night.” He got in bed. You said that last night too.

I lay next to him, just watching his face. “Don’t be so stressed…” He opened his eyes, staring back at me.

“It’s not a big deal.” I scooted closer to him, hugging him lightly.

“Is that so?”

“Y-Yeah.” He pushed me away subtly, but I noticed. “Goodnight.” He seems really stressed if things like this can’t calm him down even a little. I haven’t really ever seen Jinyoung’s stressed state, so maybe I’m dealing with it the wrong way.

I yawned, getting up the next morning. I hope Jinyoung isn’t as stressed tonight… Let’s see…what helps Jinyoung with stress? He’s never shown his troubles… Ah! I can make him the lemon tea he likes! Hopefully it’ll relax him a bit.

 

“How was work?” I asked him when he got home.

“Fine. How’s your project going?”

“Good.” He seems a bit more relaxed today. “I made you some tea.”

“Tea? Lemon?” He smiled a little with hopeful eyes.

“Yeah. I’ll go get it.” He’s smiling at least some today! I poured some of the tea into a cup and went back to him.

He was in my studio today? He usually just goes straight to our room. “Here you go.” I handed him the cup.

“Thank you.” He was staring at my project. “This looks really cool so far.”

“Really? The customer wanted me to sculpt a butterfly here, but I’m having trouble with the wings. Sculpting was never really my forte.” I explained, watching his expressions.

“After a break, I’m sure you’ll get it.” He smiled, sipping the hot tea down. “By the way…” He put his cup down on my desk, pushing me backwards where my back hit against the wall.

“Wh—” He pressed out lips together quickly, stunning me since Jinyoung doesn’t do things like this often. We stayed like this for a few moments. His lips tasted like the lemon tea...

“Goodnight.” He smiled, giving me a peck on my forehead through his blushing cheeks. Wah…they’re really red.

“Ah, yeah. Goodnight.” I relied back after he had already left the room. I wonder what got into him…

I suppose Jinyoung does do these things from time to time because he feels like he doesn’t often. We’re not that couple that kisses all the time, more like pecks on the cheeks every now and then or for a goodnight. But I know that Jinyoung thinks that I want kisses, so he’ll do this sometimes to ‘make me happier’ as he says. It’s cute though because his face will go on fire with blush haha.

 

“Good morning.” I woke up, a bit shocked that Jinyoung was still lying next to me.

“Don’t you have work…? Or is it just really early?” I blurted out unconsciously. He laughed a little, sitting up.

“It’s normal time. I just have a little extra time today.” I perked up with his smile.

“I’ll go make us breakfast then.” Wah! Jinyoung is actually home at this time! It’s already 7am too! He’s usually gone by now!

I started getting some food to cook out of the cabinet.

“Ah! Ah ra!” Jinyoung came running out of our room, trying to get a jacket on himself quickly. “Sorry, I have to go right now! See you later, okay?” He was already out the door before I could answer. I suppose I should have expected that.

I grabbed a granola bar, munching on it as I sat down at my computer. None of the ask box questions looked interesting… I answered some menial ones, going back to my art project. I heard the phone ring and went out of my studio to pick it up. “Hello?”

“Ah ra!” It was Gongchan.

“Yes Channie?” My eyes glanced at the clock, reading that it was 1am. It worries me when I get calls from the guys at this time and Jinyoung is still not home.

“I just called to see how you’re doing. So…how are you doing?” I laughed a little.

“Good. Hey, have you guys been really busy at work lately?” I usually interrogate Sandeul for things, but I can get it out of Gongchan too.

“Busy? Oh, not really. Why?” Maybe Gongchan isn’t that busy… No offense to him at all, but he doesn’t get very many lines in the band’s songs, so he might not have as much work right now.

“Well…Jinyoung seems very stressed and out of it the past week… He said that he was really busy.”

“Oh! Well…um…Jinyoung Hyung has been—”

“Yah! Channie!” I heard someone yell at Gongchan in the background.

“A-Ah! Sorry! Um, Ah ra, I have to go now! Talk to you another time!” He hung up so quickly… I sighed, wishing that I had asked him about Jinyoung sooner in our conversation since it sounded like he knew what was wrong. I’ll call him back later.

 

Gongchan POV

“What are you doing?” Jinyoung’s tone was so stern.

“A-Ah ra was on the phone.” I replied nervously.

“What’d she say?” He was being so hostile again today.

“J-Just asking how we were doing…”

“You said my name over the phone. What were you going to say?” I averted my eyes when I saw the other guys look away too.

“Nothing.”

 

Ah ra POV

I sat around some more, just waiting around for Jinyoung again… There’s not much to do when I can’t leave the house as I please. This is another reason I wanted Jinyoung to tell the press about me, but it’s his singing career, so I can’t intervene with his wishes on that one.

I heard the front door open and I poked my head out of my studio. He looks upset… Hopefully he’s just frustrated from his schedule today. I want to cheer him up, but I feel like he’ll get more upset. “Are you tired?” I asked him, a bit nervous today.

“Yeah. Night.” Ah…he didn’t even look over before passing by. I followed him to our room, seeing him sitting on the bed’s edge, rubbing his eyes wearily.

“Do you need me to help you with anything…?” I asked, not knowing what to say.

“It’s not a big deal.” You said that last time too… “Could you just let me rest?”

“B-But Jinyoung, you—”

“Just go.” He repeated, ruffling his hair.

“Are you—”

“Just go!” G-Geez…

“Goodnight.” I said meekly before leaving. Jinyoung rarely ever yells at me…He must be really frustrated…

I went to bed eventually, sleeping in the direction away from Jinyoung. I think he just wants to be alone these days…

 

Jinyoung was gone the next morning, as usual. I waited most of the day, but I called Gongchan. “Hello?” He answered.

“You were going to say something yesterday. What was it?”

“Oh! I was going to— A-Ah. Hyung—” He started talking to someone else with him. I stayed silent and listened.

“Who is it? No, whatever. Just come practice.” It sounds like Jinyoung’s voice…

“It’s Ah ra.” There was a silence for a short few moments.

“Give me the phone.” The person who I thought was Jinyoung spoke.

“Hyung…she’s just—”

“Give me the phone!” H-He sounds so aggressive with Gongchan… “Ah ra?”

“Jinyoung…?” I held the phone closer to my ear.

“Yeah. Stop calling Gongchan. We’re busy and need to work. Bye.” He cut the line immediately after saying what he wanted.

 

Sandeul POV

“Hyung, she just wanted—” Jinyoung handed the phone back to Gongchan, glaring at him.

“Don’t tell her anything.” His voice was so icy…

“B-But Hyung, she just—”

“I told you to keep your mouth shut! I already have enough on my plate and I don’t need you to go and create more of a mess for me!” Jinyoung was really seething with rage today…

We’ve never seen him this upset until just recently. I guess it makes sense though… It’s already been half a month since that woman has been coming to see Jinyoung.