Chapter 3

But We Were Friends, Remember?

Amy's POV

i woke up to the sound of my phone alarm. checking my phone full of hopes, NOPE. not a single missed call or text message. I got got up from bed lazily and took aquick bath. brrr.. the water was really cold. like seriously. never had this temperature in malaysia before. i put on a black skinny jeans and a white baggy long sleeved shirt. Since the weather is cold, i wore a thick jumper on the outside. i have to look for an apartment and job so i can earn some savings. Today's gonna get really busy.

it's 3.00pm now and i haven't found any place suitable. they will probably be nice but too expensive, very cheap but too dirty. uggh i hate when this happen. I walked briskly along a roadside, then i found a bookstore. since i love reading, i went into it and start looking for a book i might be interested in. I was very busy looking and speed reading the titles while walking to my right when, "Ahh!", i screamed out a high pitched note. i tripped over someone. luckily there wasn't anyone in that area. but still! i sat there rubbing gently at the bruise on my knee. Someone lend me a hand and pulled me up. i took the hand with one hand while the other was rubbing some dirt on my jeans. when i looked up..

DO's POV

"DO!" Amy screamed. "oh my gosh i am really sorry. i didn't even realise you kneeling to look for a book on the lower line of the book rack. i must've hurt you a lot, didn't i? sorry sorry sorry." "Hey hey, Amy relax. i'm okay. stop begging. nothing hurt me. i saw you massaging your knee. you must have a bruise. c'mon lets go to the clinic." i offered. "okay, but what about your book?" "i can always buy it next time." i wrapped my arms around her and gave her a ride in my car. I drove to the nearest clinic i could find. i led her to the doctor's room holding her hand tightly not to let her fall. the doctor said the bruise might be healed soon. i was reliefed. when walking out the clinic, she said,"i'm so sorry for causing you a lot of trouble." "Nah, everythings fine. hey, you wanna have coffee?" "I'd love to. i'm paying" she said giggling. she's so cute when she does that i cant stop staring. "what?" she asked. "is my face funny?" "no, your face is fine. you're beatiful honey." i said wrapping my arms around hers walking towrds my car.

Amy's POV

OMG did he just call me honey? aww he's so sweet. as we arrived the cafe we ordered our drinks. we had a good time together. i told him that i needed to find an apartment for me to stay in. "ohh, i think i have the perfect place for you. it isn't too expensive, nor too dirty. lemme check my phone, there's gotta be the number in here." he said, scrolling down his iPhone5. "aah here it is" he handed his phone. i took it and jotted down the number. "oh talking about numbers, why didn't you call me last night?" she asked. "well, i got home, unpacked, hang out with my boys watching television and accidentally slept on the couch. i wanted to but then i...i..." he lost for words. "you?" " we had too much fun fooling around. i haven't spent my time with the boys for a long time." he said. I smiled. "yeah, i understand you" "thanks Amy." i finished my last bit of coffee  while looking around the cafe. i almost choked when i saw this one poster. 

DO's POV

"May i excuse you for a moment" Amy said while pushing her chair out and walking towards a poster. Right! She needed a job! i  saw her filling up a form. i sat there, waiting for her. then, i remebered about just now. Gosh! i can't believe i lied. i lied Amy. I was actually scared to call her but i don't want her to know that. instead, i said i missed my friends. i was away just  for three days. Then, she was back at her seat saying, "i hope they'll hire me. i really need a job." "oh, they better will. you're perfect." i said. praising her makes her blush, which makes her even more beautiful. i smiled, she smiled back.

Amy's POV

DO gave me a ride to Christina's. I got up and before i could close the door, "oh, Amy. i forgot to tell you something. my boys and i are gonna have a party at my house this Saturday. would you come with me?" i saw  a sparkle in his eyes saying please say yes. "i'd love to" "yay! i'll pick you up on 11.00 in the morning okay? oh and dont walk too much. you might get your bruise even worse." "roger that. bye!!" i closed the door waving at him while he drove out from the neighbourhood. I hoped on my bed and dialled the number DO gave me just now. Yay! it answered. "....." "oh this is Amy speaking. i'd like to see if you have any room to rent?" "......" "oh perfect. i'll meet you tomorrow at 9.00 morning okay. what's the address again?" "......." "okay got it, thank you soo much. bye" yayy i finally get to live in my apartment and have some privacy. i jumped on my bed forgetting my bruise and suddenly i fell down. thank goodness the bed was soft and bouncy. DO really helped me a lot. I felt thankful that i met him. i wonder, what would he be doing now. would he be thinking of me as well?

DO's POV

"Amy Amy Amy" i can't stop saying her name. i rolled on my bed smiling to myself. i keep denying whenever the boys said i like her when actually i do.