Fallen

Writing Practice Rollercoaster

I smiled back at the people behind me. They cheered me on and I proudly held up my award. The wind blew my hair to the side and I could hear the camera flashes as they took pictures. My eyes searched the crowd for the most important people who should have been here for me, but there was no one - there was never anybody. For a second my mask broke and my face was haboured with my true emotions; pain, remorse and sadness.

I turned around to face the sky, feeling the breeze whip around my hair. I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh scent of nature. This allowed my pokerface to recover and return. Turning back to the crowd, I flashed my million-dollar smile. I held onto the roof's railing, posing for them. I was a natural-born model. Why are we on the roof you ask? Well, I requested it. Because this day is to be my most important day and I wanted the press and media to know about it.

I took a step back, still smiling for the crowd. Some people may say I was fake, broken, a liar and they would have been correct.

I elegantly leaned back onto the rails and my body fell down from the building. The crowd's chatter arose and so did the sounds of the cameras' clicking.

I smiled regardless of my nearing death. In fact I embraced it. A single, rebellious tear escaped my eye.

'I haven't been falling all this time,' I turned so that I could see the school ground and I spread my arms to the side. My grip on the trophy loosened and it fell before I did, 'I've been flying.'

 

Fallen Angel Afterlife

I scoffed as the people crowded around my limp body. The blood from the floor had stained the ground, my clothes, my hair, everything. All I could think about as I watched the scene play before me, 'Everyone dies. I don't see what the big deal is.'

The ambulance rushed here soon and carried my body up. I grimaced. My bloody, torn body was not a good sight. Without knowing I had followed into the ambulance, watching as they performed emergency surgery. But it was too late. I knew. I was already out, actually staring at the body laid in front. It was hardly recognisable, I had fallen face down and it messed up my flawless face pretty badly.

"We're too late," I heard one of them say, "She's already lost her pulse."

Someone let out a strangled cry and I whipped my head towards him.