Not Your Fault

Possessed

Hello, I'm back with the new chapter. Sorry for taking it too long but I had that exams and I had to be hiatus from my writing activity ^^'

Thank you so much for the subscribers, although this story is far from perfect but I hope you enjoy reading it. Forgive me also for my bad English :D


The next morning, Kevin was awoken by the ring of his alarm clock.

“Good morning,” Kiseop greeted. Kevin reluctantly opened his eyes and saw Kiseop floating near his bed. The ghost smiled brightly and seemed so happy.

“Morning,” Kevin muttered, sleepily rubbing his eyes. “Did you sleep well?”

Kiseop chuckled, “Silly you. Ghosts don’t need sleep.”

“Oh yeah, sorry,” Kevin said, still half-asleep. “Hey, wait. Did you stay outside of my body all night while I was asleep?”

Kiseop nodded rather confusedly. “Yes. Waeyo?”

“Did you say that you won’t survive if you don’t possess someone?”

“Yes, true. But it’s so boring in your body when you’re asleep. A few hours on my own wouldn’t do any harm,” Kiseop shrugged lightly. “Anyway, did you sleep well?”

Kevin blinked then shrugged, “Well, yeah. I’m not as tired as yesterday now.” He stretched his arms and let out a yawn. Kiseop looked at him in concern with a warm smile. He was glad that Kevin looked better than yesterday.

“Good. Now hurry up. School starts within an hour,” Kiseop said and playfully pulled Kevin from his bed though he was aware that he couldn’t touch the human.

“Wait, what happened during my time passed out? You didn’t do anything strange, did you?” Kevin asked, his eyes narrowed in suspiciousness. Kiseop responded with an extremely happy smile and his cheek painted in pink which was strange for he didn’t have any blood nerve anymore. “Wait! Something really happened?!” the human boy exclaimed in disbelief, shock.

“Don’t worry, don’t worry, jeez,” Kiseop giggled.

“How could I?! It’s about MY body!!”


“Morning there, sleepy-fish,” a voice greeted him just after Kevin took a few steps from his house. He knew whose the voice belonged to and it didn’t make him happy at all. Instead of replying, Kevin fastened his steps.

“Oi, oi, oi… not so fast, Kevin,” AJ chased after him and as they were close enough, AJ playfully pat Kevin’s head with the book he hold. “I know we’re kinda late, but don’t need to be that fast. We still have time, you know?”

“Ouch! What was that for?!” Kevin cried exasperatedly, rubbing his slightly aching head. Turning his head around, he met with the shrugging AJ.

“Just to grab a bit of your attention. It did work, though.”

Growling, Kevin continued walking, letting AJ followed him and just hoping that the other boy would shut his mouth up.

“Hey, Kevin. Wanna hang out together later? I’ll bring some of my friends along. It would be fun!” AJ chirped happily. Kevin stopped at his track. AJ’s words slightly hurt him at some points though he barely could pinpoint where.

“Why. Should. I.” Kevin gritted his teeth. AJ noticed the coldness from the other yet he remained calm.

“Come on. You barely socialized lately. Having some new friends won’t hurt, right? Those friends of mine are nice, trust me.”

“No, thanks. I have my own plan,” the blonde boy said coldly before start walking, leaving AJ behind.

“Hey! Kevin! Wait!” AJ called. But seeing Kevin’s retreating figure, he just sighed let the smaller boy go. “Geez. Kevin, what had happened to you actually?”


That’s rude, you know?’ Kiseop scolded as they entered the school building.

The last thing I want is to be lectured by a ghost in the early morning,’ Kevin replied rather harshly.

What’s with you being like that to AJ? He is so nice to you!

It’s not your business, Kiseop. So just shut the up!’ Kevin spat angrily.

Hey…!’ Kiseop frowned, seemingly hurt. Kevin immediately feeling the same—since they were sharing a body—and it made him felt guilty at once to the talk-active ghost, especially when Kiseop was about to cry. He sighed desperately.

“Look, Kiseop. I’m sorry okay?” Kevin mumbled, stopping his track. ‘Sorry for snapping at you but... please don’t-... don’t mention anything about AJ or whatsoever. It’s just... pissing me up even more.’

Alright,’ Kiseop replied slowly. ‘I’m sorry too. Guess I’m being too pushy toward you.’

‘That’s okay,’ Kevin replied with a smile and continued walking. ‘Anyway, what’s your plan about Eli later?’

I don’t really know, actually. But he has been open up a bit to us, that’s good. Now we only have to make him find the spirit to live on.’

Guess we should be in his apartment again later, huh?

Well... I promise him actually, to be in his place again today,’ Kiseop admitted quietly and unconsciously he remembered the time where Eli suddenly hugged him—Kevin’s body. As the image playing in his mind, Kevin would surely see it too.

“Wait!! What’s that?!!” Kevin cried out in shock seeing himself in Eli’s hug. People were staring at him for the sudden outburst. Hiding his embarrassment, Kevin walked quickly toward his locker. ‘You were hugging?!! Using my body?!! The !

Geez, calm down, Kevin,’ Kiseop rolled his eyes. ‘It’s just a friendly, comforting hug. I hope you just could see Eli’s expression that time. He’s so depressed.’

But… But… It’s my body!!


Later that afternoon when Kevin and Kiseop arrived at Eli’s place, they found that someone else was ahead of them.

Dongho!’ Kiseop shouted from the inside, mingling with surprise and excitement as seeing a high scholar boy with black, bowl-cut hair came out of Eli’s apartment.

The said Dongho looked up. “Do I know you?” he said, raising an eyebrow. That was when Kevin realized that he had called the boy out loud.

“Oh, no. Sorry,” Kevin abruptly said. “But I know you, from a friend.”

Dongho frowned suspiciously, but then decided to let go. “I see. Nice to meet you then.” He offered a hand to shake. “Shin Dongho.”

“Woo Sung Hyun. But just call me Kevin,” Kevin said, accepting the hand. “Do you come here often, Dongho?” he asked afterward. Dongho nodded enthusiastically yet solemn.

“Yes, I do. Though it seems that Eli-hyung isn’t enthusiastic enough about my visit.” Dongho shrugged. “He even barely recognizes that I’m there,” he said with a bitter laugh. At that, Kevin felt pissed at the blonde inside the apartment while Kiseop was sad at the news. Kevin exhaled deeply.

“You care about him, don’t you?”

“He’s like a big brother for me,” Dongho said. “And seeing him so depressing like that is so… depressing.” The younger boy sighed and kicked a little rock on the floor. “You must know already what had happened to him, right? I just hope that he would get over it soon. It’s not like I want him to forget about Kiseop-hyung and all but, he must continue his life. If he keeps going like this, Kiseop-hyung won’t be able to rest in peace either.”

Kevin just listened to the boy’s grievance. He could understand him, he could feel sympathy for him. Until finally the black-haired boy snapped up.

“I don’t understand why I told you this. Believe me, I’m not that sort of melancholiest person.”

“Take it easy, I don’t mind,” Kevin calmed him down. “I’m glad that you’re willing to share your worry with me,” he said with a smile.

“Thanks,” Dongho said. “But anyway, who are you? Are you a friend of Eli-hyung? Why haven’t I seen you before?” he asked Kevin who blinked before answering, rather stutteringly.

“Uhm, you see… well, I used to know one of Eli’s friend and this friend of… us asking for my help to… to… yea, to cheer him up you can say so.”

“Why it has to be you? Why don’t that friend of your instead?” Dongho knitted his eyebrows in confusion. Kevin cleared his throat.

“That doesn’t matter. This friend… he just can’t, so he trust me to do it. It’s rather complicated.”

Dongho was about to ask again but was attracted by his cellphone ringing. “Excuse me,” he mumbled and went answering his call. Kevin breathed out in relief, glad he slipped off the interrogation.

“Sorry, but I have to go. See you soon then, Kevin,” Dongho waved and started leaving.

“Yeah, see you,” Kevin replied softly, watching the boy’s retreating figure. ‘He’s a nice boy, isn’t he?’ he said inwardly and we know to whom he spoke.

Indeed, though his character is actually carefree and nonchalant, but at some moments he can be sweet and more mature than us,’ Kiseop agreed.

Don’t you think Eli has gone a bit too far by ignoring him?

Kiseop fell silent. He wanted to stand by Eli’s side but he also knew that Kevin was right. ‘Yeah, right,’ he finally admitted. ‘Kevin, let’s just go inside.’

“Ugh, I’m not in the mood talking to him. You go,” Kevin said. Kiseop knew what Kevin meant was him taking over the blonde-haired boy’s body.

“Really? Yay! Thanks Kevin,” Kiseop was nothing but glad at the offer. He took no time to take control of the boy’s body. And Kevin felt the shivering sensation every time there was a ghost passed through him.

Just don’t do something stupid!

As if did not hear what Kevin said, Kiseop bursted inside and cheerily (that was so sickening in Kevin’s opinion) made his greet. “Good afternoon~~ Eli~ You’re home?”

I’m glad no one I know is here,’ Kevin grumbled annoyingly.

“What?! You’re so loud!” came the protest from the apartment room’s owner. Kiseop grinned at the sight of Eli.

“Where are you going?” Kiseop asked seeing Eli’s neat appearance.

“No one of your business. Now get out of my way,” Eli said sharply and shoved the petite boy’s body aside.

Ouch! That was harsh!’ Kevin inside complained.

“Can I come with you?” Kiseop asked, ignoring Kevin’s protest and as if forgetting Eli’s rudeness.

Eli glanced at him annoyingly. “I have no reason to bring you along.”

“Aww... come on...”


Eli said he didn’t want to bring Kiseop along, but seemed like, he also had no intention to shoo the noisy boy away. So in the end, Kiseop-in-Kevin’s-body happily followed Eli’s every steps. But his smile turned into a frown when they stopped by a flowers shop.

“What you’re going to do here?” Kiseop asked. Eli did not answer and entered the small shop without saying anything.

Buying flowers, of course,’ Kevin mentally rolled his eyes.

“F- Flowers?” Kiseop stuttered. He abruptly followed Eli inside. His heart dropped seeing Eli holding a big bouquet of small yet colorful flowers. “Eli, whose the flowers for?”

“Why you always want to know?” Eli rolled his eyes exasperatedly before giving the florist money. “It’s for someone important. And no more questions!”

“W- who?” Kiseop-in-Kevn’s-body kept asking nervously. Eli acted as if the other boy wasn’t there or at least as if he didn’t hear him so he continued his walk. “Hey! Wait!” Kiseop shouted. “Eli, is those flowers… is those flowers for a girl?”

Eli turned to look at him strangely but still didn’t want to answer.

“Eli~!!” Kiseop whined when Eli once again ignored him and continued to walk to wherever his destination was. Kiseop finally gave up persuading Eli to talk.

Hey, isn’t this place…’ Kevin stated in confused suddenly. Kiseop looked up and realized that they were on a public funeral area.

“W- What’s Eli going to do here?” Kiseop stuttered slowly. The question was much to himself and Kevin.

Perhaps…’ Kevin snapped up after a short moment of thinking. He wanted to tell Kiseop but simply had no idea of how. However, seemed like, Kiseop didn’t need to be told directly. He could immediately read Kevin’s mind.

“Let’s go,” Kiseop said unsurely. Actually he was still doubting that he was ready. Kevin noticed the ghost’s mood but he had no idea of what to say and what to do.

Eli had been farther ahead and Kiseop got a difficulty finding him at first among those tombstones. After a few minutes of searching, he spot the bigger boy crouched down in front of a tombstone, praying.

Kiseop slowly approached him. Nervous in every steps. His—Kevin’s—eyes fixed on the praying boy. It was his first time there and he felt unready yet. He was still unready to see his own tombstone.

Wait!’ Kevin stopped, forcing his body, which was under Kiseop’s control, to stop as well. Kiseop gave a questioned face. ‘When people visit this kind of place, usually it’s something private, especially for a stubborn one like Eli,’ Kevin said. Kiseop tilted his head confusedly, Kevin sighed. ‘In short, I don’t want to interrupt his private time. He must probably want to be alone right now, talking to you.

‘Talking to me?’

To your spirit or whatever. You know what I mean.’

Kiseop went silent for a moment. ‘I want to go there,’ he said, referring to Eli.

Whatever, but just don’t bring me along

Kiseop nodded in agreement before flew out of Kevin’s body, giving the owner its full control again. Kiseop floated toward Eli but obviously, no one could see him but Kevin. By the time he realized it, he had been behind Eli. Kiseop glanced nervously at Kevin who was slowly went away. Kevin reassured te ghost with a nod and signaled him that he was going to be outside the funeral area.

“Kiseop.”

The ghost was startled hearing his name called. Panic at first, thinking the caller recognized his presence.

“I’m sorry it takes me long enough to come visiting you,” Eli said slowly. His eyes fixed sadly on the tombstone. Kiseop turned his gaze too to the tombstone. His heart dropped seeing what was written in the granite stone,

‘Rest In Peace. Lee Kiseop. January 17th 1991 – August 24th 2008.’

He kneeled down. Soft sobs slowly emerged but Kiseop tried to hold it despite Eli or whoever it was couldn’t hear him. It was the first time for him to see and it was too much for him, seeing his own name in the tombstone. It was as if saying, as if showing him, as if mocking him at the fact that he was dead. And when his memories flew at the day of his death, he cried louder. It was supposed to be his most beautiful day. It was supposed to be the starter of a chain of his beautiful days with Eli. He regretted it really badly. He was cursing his stupidity that trapped him in this mess right now.

“You know, Kiseop?” Eli said again and Kiseop lifted his head up to listen to his boyfriend’s words. “I’m feeling so sorry for you, even now. First, because I didn’t come to your funeral two weeks ago. Heh, what kind of a boyfriend I am?” the muscular boy let out a bitter, painful chuckled. There was a silence after that. Kiseop patiently waited for the next word although deep down he was hesitated whether he really wanted to hear it or not. He snapped up seeing the small crystal drop fell from the tough boy’s eyes. Eli was crying.

“And I regret it the most, Kiseop. I regret it that I couldn’t protect you. That I couldn’t be there for you. That I ignore you that day. I wish I could turn back time and prevent you to go that day. Oh, if I only knew, I would just go to your place instead letting you picking me up. I’m sorry Kiseop. I’m so sorry.” Eli kneeled down also, sobbing loudly. The cry stabbed into Kiseop’s heart and provoked him to cry again.

“That’s not your fault Eli. That’s not your fault,” Kiseop choked out between his sob. He wanted to reach for the other boy so badly, holding him, hugging him, comfort him. But still, it was an impossible thing to do. Because, even though right now their distance was less than one meter, but actually they were so far, so far apart. They were in the different places now, different world. Eli was out of Kiseop’s reach, too far.

“It’s not your fault, Eli.”


How was it?? It's a bit long but the story is being slow, that's my opinio ^^ Anyway, I'll try to make the next chapter better. However, I can't promise you. It will come out late too I guess so... please be patience~~ ^^'

Again, thanks for reading... :D